1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ryan

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

DREVIL919

Has this always been down here?  gta_sa 2018-09-20 07-13-15-14

http://tinypic.com/r/m7xhq9/9

Picture didn't come out, was curious didn't ever see this before.

Edited by DREVIL919
Picture didn't come out.

JAJ

I'm a little confused about what you are asking.... could you please clarify?

MrMateczko

This jetpack you've found is clearly labelled in the Save File Modifications map in the first post of the Round 130.

Seeing as the map is from round 117 (and is probably based on round 37(? needs confirmation) ), I assume it was there for quite some time.

isaacster50

Okay, not a turn. Just a sort of question. I’m pretty amazed at how long this has been going. Great job guys, I would take part but I don’t have the time or patience, lol. Anyways, do you guys have the game modified or it’s code edited? Cause I’ve seen people finding green goo and jet packs and barriers in places. I was just wondering, no other place seems to explain about this stuff. I recently found out more about it, seems very cool, but I can’t imagine just being stuck endlessly controlling this thing. But you do you I guess

Mingebag'
2 hours ago, isaacster50 said:

Okay, not a turn. Just a sort of question. I’m pretty amazed at how long this has been going. Great job guys, I would take part but I don’t have the time or patience, lol. Anyways, do you guys have the game modified or it’s code edited? Cause I’ve seen people finding green goo and jet packs and barriers in places. I was just wondering, no other place seems to explain about this stuff. I recently found out more about it, seems very cool, but I can’t imagine just being stuck endlessly controlling this thing. But you do you I guess

it is most likely a code edit since it's a save game and (I don't know if, but) IPL's are changed, the ones that works for pickups where is it which time does it respawn etc, near exact same thing is with vehicles, both of pickups and vehicles are new in this save, barriers are removed but you still get wanted level, the starter save started within unused clothing, the mods itself are disallowed so it's more lilkely a code change.

OrionSR

The custom saves are different from most other mods. All modifications are made to the save. They run on unmodified games and standard scripts. Cleo was used to modify a standard save but I could do the same thing with save edits. Everything runs without cleo once the changes are made.

isaacster50
22 hours ago, Mingebag' said:

it is most likely a code edit since it's a save game and (I don't know if, but) IPL's are changed, the ones that works for pickups where is it which time does it respawn etc, near exact same thing is with vehicles, both of pickups and vehicles are new in this save, barriers are removed but you still get wanted level, the starter save started within unused clothing, the mods itself are disallowed so it's more lilkely a code change.

Cool. 

20 hours ago, OrionSR said:

The custom saves are different from most other mods. All modifications are made to the save. They run on unmodified games and standard scripts. Cleo was used to modify a standard save but I could do the same thing with save edits. Everything runs without cleo once the changes are made.

Cool.

thanks for explaining guys

Mingebag'
1 minute ago, TheBulaPsycho said:

turn

gee I was about to take one :D

DREVIL919

Forgot to post in my last turn in Chain Game: I found an engineless NRG-500 at the armory in Mulholland and drove it to San Fierro. Put it in the garage at Doherty.

ChasingCoyote

there is always an NRG-500 at that armory; so they can spawn NE like that?

OrionSR
3 hours ago, ChasingCoyote said:

Yes, rarely. But Drevil seems to find them more often than other players. Old NE strategies suggest an increased chance of finding an engineless NRG at hideouts with an NRG that spawns close by (Mulholland armory, 4 Dragons), especially when just starting the game.

ChasingCoyote

does the Sanchez not spawn on Fern Ridge anymore? ( it's really handy for doing the "Local Liquor Store mission  the "easy" way)

Edited by ChasingCoyote

OrionSR

The Sanchez on Fern Ridge looks okay in the save. I'm expecting the game to force it to spawn unless it's blocked by another vehicle. However, it does have an unusual flag, and I'm not sure what it does or how it got there. I removed the unusual flag in the test save below. Please compare the two saves and note if anything is different.

Please compare your posted save with this test save.

ChasingCoyote

the only difference was on posted save I had to drive away some distance and come back for it to spawn, but the test save it was immediately available

OrionSR

Awesome, thanks. I suspect the mystery flag denotes "recently used", or maybe "blocked", which might trigger a spawn delay similar to the wardrobe armor refusing to spawn after it's been collected unless CJ leaves and returns. I checked the timer on the Sanchez, and it was way lower than the global timer so I don't know why it would have been stubborn about spawning. 

ChasingCoyote

might it have to do with the fact that instead of driving there, I flew a Maverick directly to the hideout, not giving it time to spawn normally?

OrionSR

I doubt it. The Sanchez has the force spawn flag (like most of the CG saved vehicles - that's why they spawn when exiting a nearby interior) so it should spawn even if you suddenly warp in right next to it. I think something happened to this vehicle a long time ago. I'll see if I can narrow it down a bit.

I scanned through the cargens of several saves I had open and only found one other save with this flag active. I have a vague memory of encountering this flag a long time ago but I haven't noticed it since. The save with the mystery flag active wasn't a chain game save. The vehicles that were flagged were that two firetrucks in San Fierro, and the Mt Bike on Mt Chiliad. 

If the mystery flag denoted that the vehicle was recently used I suspect I would have encountered it more often in CG saves, The Mt Bike doesn't fit the patterned, but the SF firetrucks are constantly blocking each other. I checked the bike school NRG and airstrip Leviathon and Hunter, but the flag wasn't active. My thought is that we don't see this flag often in CG saves because we tweaked all the spawn points to prevent blocking, but I don't have enough evidence to draw any conclusions.

Added: That flag wasn't present on the save before. So your guess on how it got there is as good as mine.

Edited by OrionSR

DREVIL919

Just had my head handed to me by the game. Did the SF Hills race, then Are you going to SF race. When I completed the AYGTSF race after the entire cut scene CJ got out of the car and was instantly killed. Wasted, Mission failed. He had all his health and most (about 90%) of his armor. No other cars around. Had to do both over again.

Edited by DREVIL919

SorveteQuente

Just now, DREVIL919 said:

Just had my head handed to me by the game. Did the SF Hills race, then Are you going to SF race. When I completed the AYGTSF race after the entire cut scene CJ got out of the car and was instantly killed. Wasted, Mission failed. He had all his health and most (about 90%) of his armor. No other cars around.

I think you mean Farewell My Love race? If that's the case, Parik told me that this can happen if you finish the race with the cair still on air or moving. I'm not sure how true this is though as I never tested

OrionSR

There's a known glitch in the Wu Zi Mu race. If CJ has a parachute in inventory and enters the race using a short car like a Bullet or Infernus then he'll get killed by free-falling into the car after the cut-scene. The bone crushing sound is played, which was our clue that it had something to do with the parachute.

DREVIL919

It was Farewell My Love and I entered the start sphere on a motorcycle. Did hear the bone crushing sound as CJ exited the car.

OrionSR

Hypothesis: CJ suffers a bone crushing death after the Farewell My Love race if he has a parachute in inventory and the cut-scene starts when he is sufficiently above the elevation where he spawns.

I suspect that "in air" is less important than overall elevation.

I'm not sure if it's important, but these missions are unusual in that control passes between the story mission and the race - which is part of the monstrous script that includes all of the races. The glitch in both races occurs during the transition.

Veigar
On 2/18/2019 at 11:48 PM, ChasingCoyote said:

Sure can. I had back to back NE spawns at the area you do the NRG minigame during my most recent 100% play through. I think it has something to do with the game not loading any vehicles with extras... but don't quote me on it. I just had it spawn NE more than once. 

ChasingCoyote

I have a question about the El  Corona/Verdant Bluffs garage in the Chain Game...before ever getting to use that garage, there is always one vehicle already in it that is invisible, allowing for only 3 vehicles to use that garage. can this be fixed for future rounds? there should be room for 3 cars and a bike, (I've even had 4 cars in it at times) 

lil weasel
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ChasingCoyote said:

I have a question about the El  Corona/Verdant Bluffs garage in the Chain Game...before ever getting to use that garage, there is always one vehicle already in it that is invisible, allowing for only 3 vehicles to use that garage. can this be fixed for future rounds? there should be room for 3 cars and a bike, (I've even had 4 cars in it at times) 

From the preamble to the Game:

Enlarged Garages
Many safehouse garages have been expanded in (virtual) size so that vehicles can fit on the roof as well as inside. This allows you to save small air vehicles as well as cars. Note that you can only see vehicles on the roof if the door is open. The capacity of the garages cannot been changed and is still limited to 4 total vehicles each.

The following garages have been enlarged:

• El Corona Safehouse Garage
  • Mulholland Safehouse Garage
  • Palomino Creek Safehouse Garage
  • Dillimore Safehouse Garage
  • Doherty Garage
  • Whitewood Estates Safehouse Garage
  • Rockshore West Safehouse Garage
Edited by lil weasel

OrionSR

I suspect this garage is functioning as intended. rubregg got really creative on where he hid vehicles. Take a closer look at the general area of the garage. The CG map might provide a few clues.

I've seen "invisible" vehicles stuck in garages of normal saves on occasion. Very rarely, the garages can hold vehicles that were never driven and are far too large to even fit in the garage in the first place. So strange things can happen to the garages, but this shouldn't be a problem on a static save.

ChasingCoyote

strange I'd never noticed a mutant BMX stored behind that garage before! 

OrionSR

Are there any Chain Game players with San Andreas running on iOS? I need someone to run a quick save test.

OrionSR

Does anyone remember which CG round was the quickest to be completed? Seems to me that the round just completed might be a contender.

Gratz to all involved.

SorveteQuente

I remember round 125 was completed in about 5 days, that's the quickest one I can remember