3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ryan

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

Veigar

I use Project 2DFX on a different exe installation. It's supposed to increase draw distance, add LOD corona effects, works as a limit adjuster, fixes flickering, and increases object limits. I'd say I'm fairly experienced with this mod. Maybe the part about increasing object limits clashes with something. I could maybe play around with a test Chain Game save with this mod enabled to see if I come across anything worth talking about.

BTW, this mod is something that comes with a San Andreas downgrader. Maybe someone used this and ticked the box.

2187444747.png

Edited by Veigar

OrionSR

That's a nice list of the specific mods I'd like to approve if the proper testing and consultation could be achieved. 

SilentPatch is officially approved, and I suppose that also approves the ASI Loader as I believe it or another loader is required.

The Downgrade patch is so widely used among CG players without issues that I have little concern. (But may be indirectly associated with the IPL glitch.)

I use a Widescreen patch, not sure which. I can't see how these could influence the save or fair play. AG and Wesser would write the best tools.

GInput should probably be approved, need a proper testing strategy.

SkyGFX... I think I must be getting this confused with a fairly destructive mod - something about adding objects, iirc. SkyBox, maybe? I don't know enough about this mod to offer any comment.

Project 2DFX? Please verify that the v2 flag for Carter has not been removed, and that v2 Crack is enabled on pre-YKBB saves. Forfeit if you need to; don't introduce soft ground at Helena's farm or soft buildings along the Old Strip. Please report any errors in the lounge. Reports of error free use is also appreciated. (I may be completely wrong about this mod's association with the IPL glitch; confidence is very low. Keep an open mind until test results are available.)

The other mods would seem to be inappropriate for CG play. Consider them to be prohibited during CG rounds pending a compelling reason.

Veigar

SkyGFX is a plug-in that replicates the console graphics with the sky.

ExLFzzE.png

The downgrader has an option to turn off the blur effect if someone wants to do that.

Also, I've done several SA playthrough with all of these downgrader mods on, I didn't get any issues. However, I dunno if the CG save will behave the same as a normal save, so I'll have to look into that soon. 

Edited by Veigar

OrionSR

I'm expecting the CG save to experience the same glitch as a v2 save created after EoL and played before YKBB, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference if the v1 flags are also set. If the glitch can be reproduced on a CG save we can try a few more tests. 

Edited by OrionSR

SorveteQuente

It appears that the v2 IPLs from the current save are glitched out, first seen in this turn:

On 8/21/2018 at 12:52 AM, ChasingCoyote said:

I believe I'll get in on this action now. I'm calling a turn! :)

Mission: Air Raid
Called by:ChasingCoyote 
Link: https://gtasnp.com/JdMwyp
Completion %: 55.08%
Notes:=$3000 added to CJ's bank ...would've finished the asset, but for the 1 named mission rule (and all SF races completed) 

saved back at Doherty Garage

Apparently, it's the same glitch as before in the round.

OrionSR

Glitch examples:

c8phenJm.jpg5cur6yAm.jpg

This forum "upgrade" really sucks. I can't get the links to work worth a damn. I really miss the raw formatting option.

Add the Creek safehouse to the area effected in the LV glitch.

It might help if others try to recreate these glitches. I only have original v1 set up for testing. This is an inconsistent error that seems to require loading a previous save in order for the glitch to be active. I'm not having any luck getting the glitch if I load the turn before the Air Raid in CG128, which I had to convert to v1 scripts. The good save that is setting up the glitch for me is the Drive-Thru save from before the earlier IPL glitch.

https://gtasnp.com/WCA8TU

Edited by OrionSR

OrionSR

Project 2DFX is prohibited during Chain Game play. 

Project 2DFX is removing some IPL flags from the Chain Game saves. If installed, it will remove any flags in the save that are specific to the other version. Usually v1 is removing v2 flags but v2 players with this mod would remove flags from v1.

The IPL flags are removed in such a way that players without the mod may encounter low detail areas of the map. The ground or buildings may not be solid, and detail objects like trees and plants are often missing. Players with v1 IPL may notice issues near Helena's Farm and the Old Strip and Creek in Las Venturas. Issues from barriers should not be a problem for the current custom saves, but players may encounter issues in Kings and southeast Doherty.

Players with v2 IPL object may encounter low detail issues in Foster Valley and the northern parts of the Panopticon and Blueberry. Glitches associated with the removal of v1 barriers can effect a huge area of southwest Tierra Robada. Much of the area west of Fort Carson all the way to the Bait Shop south of Barbara's house are not solid.

Resent tests suggest that this glitch can effect anyone loading a save with IPL flags from the other version and then loading a save without those flags. It doesn't seem to matter if the flags were removed by p2DFX. save editors, or gameplay. To avoid issues, it is always a good idea to quit the game completely before restarting to play a Chain Game save.

Players are reporting inconsistent results when using the downgrade tool to install and disable this mod. If you have the IPL glitch it would be a good idea to reinstall the game and patch again without 2DFX.

The files listed below are associated with Project 2DFX. The .asi files must be disabled by deleting, moving, or renaming the extension. The other files won't hurt anything without the .asi files but may as well be removed. The readme.txt file may not be the one from this mod.

• III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.asi
  • III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.ini
  • readme.txt
  • SALodLights.asi
  • SALodLights.dat
  • SALodLights.ini
Edited by OrionSR

SorveteQuente

Looks like yuvraj's last turn was called at least 2:22 hours since his other turn, which breaks the 4 hour wait rule 👀

Source: Time of upload of the save: https://gtasnp.com/3exZxV

Edited by SorveteQuente

yuvraj6122

wait i guess the four hour timer starts once we call the turn and not complete it

SorveteQuente
On 8/13/2018 at 4:08 AM, JAJ said:

If 4 hours pass without another gamer completing a turn, then the '4 hour mission rule' is reset & anyone may call a turn.

Maybe the wording here is a bit confusing, but from what I understand, If 4 hours pass without any player completing a turn, the waiting time resets and anyone can take another turn. So, if 4 hours passed since you called your turn, you could take another turn IF you haven't complete the last turn. But since you completed it, the 4 hour counting resets and starts from the moment you posted your save. That's my interpretation of it.

Edited by SorveteQuente

yuvraj6122

i dont think so,as it has happened many times that i have taken a turn quickly in nearly 2 hours after completing my old turn ( 4 hours after calling my turn) ,,,but it did not create any mess 

Edited by yuvraj6122

lil weasel

Player A takes and completes a turn.

No  One takes a turn .

After 4 Hours (from the completion) Player A may do another Turn.

OR if two other Players complete turns., Player A may take the next turn.

If Player A does not complete his turn AND  calls “Forfeit” then the wait is only 1 turn by another player or the Four Hours, with no other player taking a turn.

The "Forfeit" does not reset the 4 hour rule.

Edited by lil weasel

yuvraj6122

well i would say

"After 4 hours (from the calling) Player A may do a turn"

SorveteQuente

So by following that thought, if you took a 3 hour turn, let's say, you'd have to wait only 1 hour to take a next one. That doesn't seem very accurate to me.

Edited by SorveteQuente

JAJ

From the GTASA chain game rules:

If 4 hours pass without another gamer completing a turn, then the '4 hour mission rule' is reset & anyone may call a turn.

Veigar
On 8/22/2018 at 11:40 PM, OrionSR said:

Project 2DFX is prohibited during Chain Game play. 

Project 2DFX is removing some IPL flags from the Chain Game saves. If installed, it will remove any flags in the save that are specific to the other version. Usually v1 is removing v2 flags but v2 players with this mod would remove flags from v1.

The IPL flags are removed in such a way that players without the mod may encounter low detail areas of the map. The ground or buildings may not be solid, and detail objects like trees and plants are often missing. Players with v1 IPL may notice issues near Helena's Farm and the Old Strip and Creek in Las Venturas. Issues from barriers should not be a problem for the current custom saves, but players may encounter issues in Kings and southeast Doherty.

Players with v2 IPL object may encounter low detail issues in Foster Valley and the northern parts of the Panopticon and Blueberry. Glitches associated with the removal of v1 barriers can effect a huge area of southwest Tierra Robada. Much of the area west of Fort Carson all the way to the Bait Shop south of Barbara's house are not solid.

Resent tests suggest that this glitch can effect anyone loading a save with IPL flags from the other version and then loading a save without those flags. It doesn't seem to matter if the flags were removed by p2DFX. save editors, or gameplay. To avoid issues, it is always a good idea to quit the game completely before restarting to play a Chain Game save.

Players are reporting inconsistent results when using the downgrade tool to install and disable this mod. If you have the IPL glitch it would be a good idea to reinstall the game and patch again without 2DFX.

The files listed below are associated with Project 2DFX. The .asi files must be disabled by deleting, moving, or renaming the extension. The other files won't hurt anything without the .asi files but may as well be removed. The readme.txt file may not be the one from this mod.

• III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.asi
  • III.VC.SA.LimitAdjuster.ini
  • readme.txt
  • SALodLights.asi
  • SALodLights.dat
  • SALodLights.ini

I had thought this to be the case. I did a little behind the scenes testing on this personally and have always found odd glitches that occurred when switching between exes that had this mod and ones that don't, but are the same save file. Thanks for the clarity. 

DREVIL919

Hello everybody:

Just a thought, but i would like to issue a challenge to all chaingame players>>>>>

I have been playing the chaingame since round 41 and never have seen this type of gameplay.

My challenge is this: if you do multiple missions/quests do them all on ONE save. Anyone can save 5 or 10 times to accomplish and get the missions/quests completed, but its a little more difficult to do the same thing on ONE save.

And I believe , but am not 100% positive that at one point in the game it was declared not allowed to save in order to advance time.

GIVE IT A SHOT!

A few observations.

Round 124 first turn 3.21% on 6 saves

Round 125 first turn 4.81% on 13 saves

Round 126 first turn 4.81% on 14 saves

Round 127 first turn 1.60% on 4 turns.

Round 128 first turn 1.07% on 3 turns

Round 129 first turn 4.81% on 6 turns

FROM FRONT PAGE

Suggestions

Do not fail a storyline mission unless it's to collect a special vehicle (BP/DP/EP/FP). If a special vehicle has been collected, let us know in the Notes section.

Try to keep the safe house saves minimal. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright - save when you don't want to lose some progress.

Since 4star features are becoming more and more prominent, we're being rather lenient toward the above two points. Save if you don't want to lose progress on a long or 4star turn. Failed side missions are ok if you're doing 4star stuff, esp. 4star racing. Just try to keep the number of saves and failed side missions/races within reasonable limits.

Veigar

I don't get it. Is saving a lot prohibited or just something that would be ideally done as little as possible? Different people have told me different things so I'm confused here. 

By this I mean just imagine there's  someone playing but they're really bad at the game so they have to save a lot to not lose progress. 

Edited by Veigar

ChasingCoyote

in other words, is the chain game an expert only venue, or do we REALLY invite ANYone to play?

yuvraj6122

so when can i resume JAJ

DREVIL919

TO

Veigar

ChasingCoyote

The chain game IS for anybody who wants to play. Read the suggestions, it says TRY to keep safe house saves to a minimum, not you must. As stated if you don't want to loose progress or have difficulties, then save.

This is also only MY opinion about saving, not the games.

JAJ

DREVIL919 made a challenge, that's all. If you don't want to take the challenge then that's okay.

yuvraj6122 we will let you know.

JAJ

Here's the reason the yuvraj6122 turn was nullified:

yuvraj6122 has been banned from playing in the GTASA Chain Game because he used a save editor in Round 126 and on his last turn in this round. He did not include that 94 tags were also sprayed in his last turn, all that progress could not have been done in just one hour. This was malicious and calculating. He caused an 'innocent' player to lose his turn, it could have been worse had OrionSR not caught it. We don't think we can trust him to continue playing and not edit the save.

So if yuvraj6122 posts a turn again in the chain game, just ignore it, continue play and report it to an officer or moderator.

OrionSR
On 4/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, OrionSR said:

Using Cleo during CG rounds AND using an editor to modify the save. You're in big trouble mister. But now that I'm convinced that the surfboard mod isn't something sneaky that you created yourself a permanent ban is no longer a threat. Figure on - suspended for the duration of the current round.

For the record, this was not a first time offense. We had similar issues with this particular player back in round 120 and 121.

Thanks to all the CG players who pushed on through and continued the round despite the revert. This sort of problem tends to put a damper on the enthusiasm of players so it is very much appreciated when players continue to forge new links in the chain.

Apologies to 123robot for the loss of an epic turn. 

I would not have caught this had someone not reported their suspicion about the reasonableness of completing so much in such a short time AND doing enough homework on the game stats to make a decent argument that a more thorough examination of the save was in order.

SorveteQuente

Hello! I'd like to ask for help with the following stunt jump I'm having trouble with:

Spoiler

jiMoJxb.png

It says in GTASnP's map that the jump is located over there. I have tried using a boat and an undrowning vehicle but nothing seems to work. It's also a weird spot for it to be in land so I assumed it was on the little beach shore thing I don't know

OrionSR

Look for a ramp in the light-green patch north of the marked location that allows CJ to jump south across the river.

I tried (upper dam, ship north of SF) but it seems that boats cannot trigger unique stunt jumps.

Edited by OrionSR

SorveteQuente

Um, I did some research and I figured out it's this one:

unknown.png

I triggered it with an undrowned Bullet driving up that beach part. Didn't get the bonus though.

Edited by SorveteQuente

GTAKid667

zncG5An.png
Save File Differences

There are several versions of GTA San Andreas that have been released for PC, and depending on the version they own, players will either be using Version 1 or Version 2 scripts with their game. Save Files are not compatible between versions, meaning if you're running Version 1 Scripts and try to load a Version 2 Script Save File, or you're running Version 2 Scripts and try to load a Version 1 Script Save File, you'll be unable to load the file and the game will crash.

Fortunately, GTASnP.com includes an easy to use Save File Converter that all players can use to download the previous players Save File in a format that will work on their game, even if the player above is using a different version of the game. 

The instructions below show how to convert save files to work on your version of the game - It is essential that all players read this information to avoid confusion during the round:

1. After you have called a turn and opened the save file link given by the player that has posted above you, be sure to check the 'Script/SCM Version' of the Save File which can be found in the bottom left area of the 'Save Information' on GTASnP.com:

2MCj1hF.png

The Save File that is being used in this example states that it was created on a copy of GTA San Andreas that uses Version 2 Scripts. Therefore if you are also using a Version 2 copy of the game, you can download the save file as you normally would and there will not be an issue. However, if you are using Version 1, you will need to convert the save file before downloading.

How do I know which version I have?
If you are unsure of the Script Version your copy of GTA San Andreas has, create a Save File on your game and upload it to GTASnP.com. You will then be able to check what the 'Script/SCM Version' of the uploaded Save File is, and you'll be able to load any other save files that are also of that same version.

2. Converting the Save File is easy! The first thing you will need to do is click the 'Modifications' box which you will find located directly beneath the 'Save File Information' Area:

OnbdJCe.png

3. The 'Modifications' Box should expand after it has been selected and you will be able to see various modification options for the Save File. You'll want to convert the Save File's Script Version, so click the Drop Down Menu besides "Script/SCM Version" and change it to either V1 or V2, depending on the version of the game you own.

2DMnt6k.png

Important: It is against the Chain Game Rules to modify the Save File outside of converting the Save File. Players should only need to change the 'Script/SCM Version' to convert the save file, but may change the 'Binary/EXE Version' should they also need to do so. Aside from these two options, none of the other GTASnP.com Modifications should be used when converting and downloading your save file. This falls under the "No Cheats, Mods or Trainers" rule stated in the Opening Posts of the game, and you risk having your turn invalidated by doing so.

Do not change the IPL Flags. The Chain Game Save File has been customised to remove barriers from the map during play, and altering the IPL Flags using GTASnP.com may result in the barriers showing again to all players.

4. Once you have selected the version, you should notice the number besides the 'Modifications' text will increase by 1. From there, you can simply download the Save File by clicking a Slot Number and the Save File should work as normal on your version of the game.

Other Things to Keep in Mind
If you are using Version 1 Scripts and the user above has uploaded a Version 2 Script Save File, you can follow the same instructions as above with the only difference being the Drop Down Menu under "Script/SCM Version", which will read "v1" as the other option.

Converting the Script Version is the only modification that is necessary for the user while participating in The Chain Game. Under No Circumstances should any player use any additional modifications available on the website or any modifications they have downloaded from GTAGarage or alternative websites - This falls under the "No Cheats, Mods or Trainers" rule stated in the Opening Posts of the game.