2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

Ryan

We need to do something to get more players. Mabee a move to General Discusion. or something, but I hate to say it but I think the Chain Game is on its last leg, unless it somehow gets a bost.

General Discussion has both PC and console players and the CG is of no use to the console players. Besides, the Mission Help forum is the birthplace of the CG, so it's better if it stays here.

And don't worry, the CG won't die. Even if we have two players left, it'll live to see another day.

These things have ebbs and flows. Sometimes people have more time to play, sometimes they don't. We have regular players with job & school responsibilities that rightly take priority, health problems, computer problems, etc. Personally, I'm not much worried about the pace of the round. Of course I also have about twelve times the patience of the average gtaf member too. tounge2.gif

I have not been on due to illness. Sorry, and I am also sorry to see how things have gone downhill. What happened to OrionSR?

I have not been on due to illness. Sorry, and I am also sorry to see how things have gone downhill. What happened to OrionSR?

Nothing. He's still taking turns pretty regularly. In fact, he just completed a turn in the Chain Game.

Nothing. He's still taking turns pretty regularly. In fact, he just completed a turn in the Chain Game.

Oh OK. Good to see that he is still taking turns avidly. smile.gif

Perhaps we should advertise? Or is that illegal? You know, make big posts that will try and get people to come to the topic.

Perhaps we should advertise? Or is that illegal? You know, make big posts that will try and get people to come to the topic.

It isn't illegal. But making big posts about the same thing everywhere would count as spam. A better idea that had come up was to have Chain Game sigs. So, if you can manage to cram a CG banner and link into your signature, it would be as good as advertising.

Perhaps we should make deviant sigs. Such as:

Pc port confirmed for GTA IV. All PC gamers, click here!

The link will, instead, go to the Chain Game. Last time I checked, it was legal. In fact, I am going to go ahead and do it right now.

Edited by Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic

And what impression will it leave about the chain game.?That we are just trying to rope in people by any means possible.?That will just be negative publicity. confused.gif

And what impression will it leave about the chain game.?That we are just trying to rope in people by any means possible.?That will just be negative publicity. confused.gif

I was thinking the same. It's like fooling people and some GTA IV PC enthusiasts might not take it sportingly.

I have to agree with Necromancer.

Its very clever, but its almost too eveil. It would mostley just give the Chain Game nevative publicity. People would be all pissed at you for thinking that IV was gonna be released for PC, but instead of going to that topic it send them to the Chain Game.

I suggest you remove it Stefan.

• No advertising (a link in your sig is fine, but posting a topic about your site or PM'ing members with links to your site is not). Referral links of any nature also fall under this category.

• No advertising (a link in your sig is fine, but posting a topic about your site or PM'ing members with links to your site is not). Referral links of any nature also fall under this category.

Actually, that rule is applicable only if you're linking to sites other than those of GTANet.

So, Stefan isn't breaking a rule. But misleading people is against the moral values of most members and hence, it is advisable to remove the advert and settle for simple sigs mentioning the Chain Game. If anyone is interested, they'll join. We cannot force anyone.

All I ment by it was that he isn't breaking any forum rules however its just one of the things you dont do.

I agree with Necromancer. & girishb.

@Stefan: I can get you a sig if you would please change it.

Edited by JAJ

Guys i may not be in the chain game for a few days sad.gif . The fan messed up and it's loud and not safe to use. This computer doesn't run SA Well. I'll probably be back in tuesday.

I've fixed it! I can now get back in the chain game smile.gif

Edited by gtamodder

I agree!!! Couldn't be said any planer than that!

Alright, sorry. sad.gif I was only trying to help, but I see now how immoral that is. Which is quite ironic, considering that I live my life based on my moral values. I will remove it now, and simply post a link.

EDIT: I tried to use a little pun in the link. I think there is nothing immoral about it.

Edited by Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic

Just a head up to everyone. I have sent a PM to Justin requesting a name change for this topic so its still the same topic but different name.

Justin just changed it.

Edited by ryan92

Next week i have a lot of important homework, i may get to have 3 turns in the chain game next week, and 1 at the weekend.

Next week i have a lot of important homework, i may get to have 3 turns in the chain game next week, and 1 at the weekend.

Do not worry mate, schoolwork is more important and takes higher priority to the Chain Game at all times. Hope you do well on your homework!