American Gangster

johnson.

Just got back from seeing this tonight, was incredibly high through the whole thing. Was a pretty good movie, it sort of dragged on. But a rather good film, good story line, loved the actors they used in it.

Anyone else see it?

IMDB

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

I watched the first hour and a half online.....Seeing as it leaked 2 weeks before release, and the quality was F'ing incredible. I'm DL'ing as I type.

P.S. How dare you watch a Denzel Washington movie high!!!

I just saw it. The theatre was empty when I got there and 30 mins later(30 mins before the movie started) it was packed... so I got a sucker seat in the front aisles.

I liked it a lot, nothing new but it was a solid gangster movie. Acting was definitely good and the big shootout was really visceral. I thought the movie didn't wrap up that well but it is based on reality so that limits what can be done(also, I wanted to get out of there because my neck and eyes hurt from staring straight up at the screen ). It was long too, I had no problem with that though because I like long films.

I think I'll pass on this until the DVD release. Just don't see myself sitting in a theater for almost 2 and a half hours unless it's a movie I truly want to see.

I'm going to see this tonight, looks pretty good. It was an easy decision to see this instead of Saw IV, plus Denzel is the sh*t.

PortlandChainsawMasquerade

'Acquired' it. Watched the first 15-30mins with a friend then we stopped 'cause it didn't really hold our interest. I'm still gonna watch it though once I just get around to it.

There's already a topic about this.

American Gangster topic

To bad it never took off sad.gif

What's that supposed to mean? Next time, search the forums before making a new topic! mad.gif

Has the search function been reenabled?

Well the finnoch response wasn't needed...your topic is from early September, page 3 of this forum, and marketing for this movie only just started a short while ago. There has to be some sorta cut-off, eh?

Anyway, about the movie. Looks solid I guess, could do without the crap song in the TV spots, but other than that, looks alright. Is it like Training Day? How's the soundtrack? Dialogue? Story?

EDIT: Forgot about this funny story I read from Crowe. Apparently when he was working with Denzel on Virtuosity, on the set, he accidentally spit on him, but Denzel was cool about it, and they both finished the scene, and then he just wiped it off without getting pissed.

Edited by TheDude5000
user posted image

The movie is awesome. I like the part when he kill that guy in the middle of the street in cold blood.

20% LMAO

Eh, I'll wait for the DVD. I wouldn't sit through 2 and a half hours unless I wanted to see it, like Groovy. Also, people in theaters are annoying as all hell.

Also, why the f*ck can't people just say that they saw a movie? Does it make you cooler to say you "downloaded it", "acquired it" or "watched it on the net"? Does it make your e-dick bigger? sh*t.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Hey what's wrong with "acquired it"? I think that's a non-arrogant, non-boastful phrase, the others are annoying, but saying you've acquired something is just...trying not to brag, yet at the same time letting the person you're talking know you've dl'd it. I say that with my friends all the time, I don't see the big deal.

Anyway, it's probably a real good movie, so I'll catch it on HBO or Encore in a year or so. I also don't waste time with the movies unless it's an epic flick that requires a big screen, liek Spidey 3, Transformers, etc. Speaking of which, Groovy: I read your message at the Megadeth Bitch Boards about tripping some kid who was running around the theater...win.

user posted image

The movie is awesome. I like the part when he kill that guy in the middle of the street in cold blood.

20% LMAO

Yeah I loved that too, lol. Very good film.

What's that supposed to mean? Next time, search the forums before making a new topic! mad.gif

No, but you can always google it.

20% LMAO

I too found that hilarious, seeing as that dude was a major prick at Bumpy's funeral, but I found it more farfetched. I know Frank has clout, but goddamn, that is some wreckless ass behavior. I didn't buy it or enjoy it all that much, especially since he did it in front of his brothers....

No, but you can always google it.

Cand. the Search Function has been re-enabled.

I'll probably get some friends who like these kind of movies to see it tomorrow.

20% LMAO

Haha, that part scared the sh*t out of the entire theater. Also the part where he gives that cop a chicken is pretty funny as well.

Don't tell me how to live my life. whatsthat.gif

ontopic: I loved the scene where they raided the projects.

so many nekked ladies. blush.gif

Edited by johnson.

Well, the forum search has been re-enabled. Try it, sometime!

Anyway, it looks like I'll have to give in to this. My topic was locked! sad.gif

Looks like American Gangster topped the box office this weekend, it took in a little over 46 million, which suprises the f*ck out of me, given how long the movie is.

Talked to some friends who saw it, they said it was quite good, so I might end up seeing it this weekend.

Looks like American Gangster topped the box office this weekend, it took in a little over 46 million, which suprises the f*ck out of me, given how long the movie is.

Talked to some friends who saw it, they said it was quite good, so I might end up seeing it this weekend.

Does King Kong ring any bells?

user posted image

Oh yeah, whats the trailer song. I like it, i need it

Oh yeah, whats the trailer song. I like it, i need it

That song in the trailer is Heart of the City (Ain't No Love) by Jay-Z.

I saw American Gangster today and I loved it! It's a f*cking great movie! It's kinda like Blow. Both Denzel and Russell Crowe did an extremely good job. icon14.gif This movie was both interesting and entertaining. I would recommend it to people who like gangster movies.

Did anybody get the Godfather reference? In one part, Frank says to his little brother, "If you weren't my little brother, I'd blow your f*cking brains out!" You remember that part in the Godfather? Sweet!

Southside Dukes Ballas

This movie was sweet but i think they're more interesting violent NY drug lords from the 70s,80s and 90s than Frank. I mean I think Nicky Barnes would've been better with his flamboyant attitude also The Supreme Team for their violence but this is by far 1 of the best gangster films of the past few years.

Damn. I was going to see American Gangster this weekend. I forgot all about it.

Asmodeus again LOLOFUNNYHAHA..no

Whoa, 46 million, pretty substantial coin for an opening weekend.

And film length really doesn't play a part in how much it grosses, a good movie is a good movie.

ThePatriotsGun

I watched it recently. It was OK.

I dunno. As far a true stories go, GoodFellas was a much better movie. The movie really dragged during some points but the overall story was quite interesting. Honestly, Denzel Washington's acting was the only thing that saved the movie. Still, it's the best crime drama I've watched in theaters since The Departed.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.