PC to PS2?

_Jimmy__

No idea if it's the right place, but considering my GTA SA from PS2 hasn't the cool features I really would like (like new clothes, new haircuts, special races mods etc...) would it be possible to convert a PC game into something readable by my PS2?

Like there's emulation from PS2/PSX to PC, but the opposite...

cold fusion 33

It would be possible but it would take huge (and I mean huge) amounts of work to make it playable so in the end it would not be worth it.

CF33

You couldn't actually run the PC version on PS2, but you could get a lot of the stuff you mentioned out and put it into a PS2 version as a mod. People have been able to run mods on their PS2 using a chipped PS2 with a HDD. It is, however, as cold fusion mentioned, a lot of work.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

there is a download in PS3 store called PS2 System data, with that downloaded could you install mods to GTA games to your ps3?

Unlikely. The game will still run off the disk. But I'll try searching for old posts where people ran SA mods on PS2, and see if there is a way to get it to work on PS3.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

• 3 weeks later...
You couldn't actually run the PC version on PS2, but you could get a lot of the stuff you mentioned out and put it into a PS2 version as a mod. People have been able to run mods on their PS2 using a chipped PS2 with a HDD. It is, however, as cold fusion mentioned, a lot of work.

As far as I know the only mods for SA PS2 were SCM/Data mods, as they were the only things similar to the PC version. The TXD and DFF files had different formats, and since it's much easier to mod on PC, they simply didn't bother cracking the PS2 format and waited half a year. (The Xbox DFF format was similar to the PC's though I think, adn the TXD was similar to VC on Xbox).

So the only thing that would probably be do-able is the "Special Races" which I presume edit the SCM.

user posted image

Yeah, XBOX is easier to mod than a PS2, Playstation seems to not what any mods on ts precious game

I'm pretty sure that lack of HDD on PS2 was a big part of it. We might be able to do more modding with GTA IV on both platforms. All we would need is for R* to install a data cache on the HDD that would include skins, models, and the scripts.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.