Area 51

Yatesyz

user posted image

Area 51 is a remote tract of land in the southwestern portion of Lincoln County in southern Nevada, located at the southern edge of a large dry salt flat called Groom Lake. It lies within the Nevada Test and Training Range and is owned by the United States Department of Defense and the United States Air Force. Area 51 contains an airfield whose primary purpose is believed to be the operation and analysis of enemy aircraft and weapons systems, and secret development and testing of new military aircraft.

Area 51 is the frequent subject of UFO conspiracy theories. alien.gif

So that's what this topics about, what lies behind the gates of area 51 and its heavily armed guards scattered around using snipers. There are two runways in area 51 which means it does test aircraft and weapon systems Or could it be for aliens to land their spacecraft on? What actually goes that we don't know about. Are there aliens inside which scientists are testing on? mercie_blink.gif

Edited by Yatesyz

Hmm...I've always wondered this myself. I guess it is just another military installation, where they analyse the various ways that foreign air forces use their tactical powers to infiltrate the United States.

But thanks for posting that info, I though they never told anyone where it was. icon14.gif

Like 9/11, JFK, Pearl Harbor and landing on the moon. Every great thing will have a great following of morons who believe in the conspiracy theories.

pAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gif

thekingoftown
Like 9/11, JFK, Pearl Harbor and landing on the moon. Every great thing will have a great following of morons who believe in the conspiracy theories.

lol, true that!

Whatever was there, it got moved. The activity in the area has died down in the recent years. They no longer flying a bunch of researchers in/out, and the patrols are not as heavy.

I don't think it was anything out of this world, either. Probably just an R&D facility for the military.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Whatever was there, it got moved. The activity in the area has died down in the recent years. They no longer flying a bunch of researchers in/out, and the patrols are not as heavy.

I don't think it was anything out of this world, either. Probably just an R&D facility for the military.

Yeah def. R&D. Even if there were ufos, they wouldn't keep them somewhere where people would expect them to be.

I head that's where they are storing the planes from the 9/11 incident dozingoff.gif

R&D sounds right, but why would you need that much land for R&D? 90,000 acres as a security perimeter?

oldschoolsigs22.png

R&D sounds right, but why would you need that much land for R&D? 90,000 acres as a security perimeter?

Well the airspace above would be restricted, leaving a fair amount of space for testing new aircraft.

vbSWr1A.gif

Well the airspace above would be restricted, leaving a fair amount of space for testing new aircraft.

Yes, and that could be the origins of the "UFO" stories (although if any space craft was identified as being of extraterrestial origin, it would in fact be an IFO).

After all, the USAF was testing air vehicles in the 1950s which looked a lot like the popular images of "flying saucers":

user posted image

GuerillaForce

you can acctually see it on google maps, with the satelite view. try it out.

the base is huge, nearly 2 miles across

user posted image

you can acctually see it on google maps, with the satelite view. try it out.

the base is huge, nearly 2 miles across

Yeah I've seen it. cool.gif

Didn't they burn toxic waste or somthing there? I thought i saw somthing about it on Discovery channel.

BTW can somebody post a link to it on google maps? maybe post some pics?

New Account - Damien

You forgot the great following of stubborn morons who simply can't accept that PROBABLY they've been lied to confused.gif

I think it was, and probably still is a secret government research facility. When it was found out to exist etc... (I don't know when or by who), they obviously didn't want to take the risk and moved there secret operations elsewhere. The government is simply no that stupid as to leave secret reseach there, were the Russian and Chinese satalites can spy on them, risking virtually everything.

It is probbaly now being used for less secretive government tests, probably even for the ever-growing private military/security sectors. The cost of the moving/temporary halting of top secret projects is being offset by tourism to the area - thus the sign saying 'Top secret government facility', and threatening the use of 'deadly force'. Do you really think a sign like that will be outside a real government secret facility? lol.gif

And the flyind saucers - they probably where probably test aircrafts. The ones people claim to see nowadaus are most likely hoaxes - hell, I wouldn't be too surprised if the people there are doing it to increase tourism there, lol, and laugh at the people believing that stuff. lol.gif

Edited by D- Ice

6g8AhC3.jpg

What goes on there?

Nobody but the people working there knows. A relative of mine works there as a civilian[he was in the airforce for twenty years], but obviously he can't tell me anything.

It still is a top secret base and they still use it. My relative was telling me that his plane had to circle around the area[no roads lead to the base] for a while because the people in charge didn't want the janitors to see what they where testing. That's the only thing he has told me about Area 51.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.