retroCRUSH'es 100 most scariest scenes

flicko

~Warning~ Movie spoilers/endings on the provided link.

The list is on the left hand side of the page.

clickage

Take a look, and state whether you agree/disagree/any additions etc??

Personally I think number one isn't even scary in the slightest, there are more scenes on the list which are more scary then number one, but i cannot say which scene I would class as the scariest movie scen ever, perhaps you can?

Holy f*cking sh*t.

They picked the Muholland Drive scene for number 1. For that reason alone, this list is perfect.

That scene scared the f*cking sh*t out of me, I felt like I was having a f*cking heart attack during it, I thought I was f*cking dying when it happened.

I own it on DVD, I will never watch it again because of that scene.

FT2DB7K.png

I see Scanners, Altered States, Mulholland Drive, The Shining, Zombie and Confessions Of An Opium Eater. This list gets my approval. icon14.gif

fake edit: Actually, Altered States was on the first version of the list, but still.

user posted image

unban asmo.

ThePatriotsGun

....I have no idea how some of them made the list. Akira? Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom??? Pee-Wee's Big Adventure?!?!?! mercie_blink.gif

......there are some questionable selections on the list but must of the listed films got the credit that they deserved.

Despite it being an animated film, that scene in Akira is genuinely freaky. It's not the first thing I'd think of to put on a list like that but it's nice to see something like that get a mention.

tommy vs. claude
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure?!?!?! mercie_blink.gif

You should of saw me the first time I watched that as a kid. I still get nightmares from that.

Oh ya, 1 almost gave me a heart attack.

I'm a giant pussy, so would someone tell me what the Mullholland Drive scene is?

I'm a giant pussy, so would someone tell me what the Mullholland Drive scene is?

Satan lives behind a dumpster at a Winkies

Edited by The Killa

Spoiler that sh*t. I've seen it before, but still, others may have not. wink.gif

Yeah, good catch.

Don't be hating on Pee Wee. That movie is awesome, and if you say that you didn't jump a little when Large Marge freaks out, the first time you saw it, you are lying.

So it seems Muholland Drive got #1, not becaues of Satan himself popping out from behind the dumpster but because of the dread and tension the viewer feels before it happens? I think I can agree with that, but I don't know about #1. I haven't seen the whole movie but it looks pretty good, I'll catch it on cable next time it's on. As for the rest of the list, it seems credible, especially with It and The Shining on there...

A bit off topic: Anyone else kinda dissapointed that the Halloween craze will end soon? I mean I've been in the mood for good thrillers/mystery/horror movies all Fall, and AMC and HBO and what not have been showing real good scary flicks, but I have a feeling that might end once we get into November...damn. Flicks like Pet Sematary, Creepshow 1 & 2, Hellraiser 1 & 2, Night Of The Living Dead Remake...gonna have to wait like another year for them to be on cable as much as they are now. sad.gif

user posted image

That Charlie and Chocolate Factory one scared the shiss out of me when I was a young lad.

Never seen Mulholland Drive and I never knew there was a scary scene in it, I have heard mostly about the lesbian bit.

Yeah, f*ck that.

I watched it with my hands over my eyes and still got freaked out. It wasn't scary, but the feeling of dread is... wow.

scMmGsh.jpg

Why even link to it? It won't work because:

It's f*cking youtube

You know it's coming

It's completely out of context

So what's the point? Either watch the movie and give yourself a heart attack or don't bother.

See, first time I watched it, I knew nothing about the movie and up until that point it's a pretty realistic and on the level film, especially for David Lynch, then that scene happens.

FT2DB7K.png

The "Mullholland drive" scene didn't scare me, but I haven't seen the film before so had no idea what it was about, perhaps I'll rent the film out, watch it, get the whole jist of th hopefully I can see the scariness of the scene, and realise why it was rated number one.

@Widow, it's a topic to discuss scary scenes going by this websites links. That's why he linked to it. (Even though it was linked to on the site.)

We might not get it within the context of the film, but it still works.

Calm down.

scMmGsh.jpg

I am calm. I don't appreciate being told to be calm when I'm a f*cking lake of tranquillity.

I just think that a bunch of people are going to sit there barely paying attention, click it and spoil it for themselves, then post about how it didn't scare them.

Oh really watching an embeded youtube video in broad daylight on your PC didn't scare you? Colour me surprised.

FT2DB7K.png

i always though eraserhead was more horrifying than mullholland drive but I never saw all of MD. I'm glad jacob's ladder made it to the top ten.

The "Mullholland drive" scene didn't scare me, but I haven't seen the film before so had no idea what it was about, perhaps I'll rent the film out, watch it, get the whole jist of th hopefully I can see the scariness of the scene, and realise why it was rated number one.

It's not necessarily scary (especially since you saw it on freakin' Youtube), but it's that feeling you get. You can feel your breath get shorter and heart pounding a little faster as the scene progresses.

It's worse in the book, she uses a hatchet.

Yeah, read about that somewhere.

Didn't she cut the guys foot off in the book, and then sew his wound together with some sort of object?

It's worse in the book, she uses a hatchet.

Yeah, read about that somewhere.

Didn't she cut the guys foot off in the book, and then sew his wound together with some sort of object?

I don't recall, it's literally been years since I've read it.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Nice list but I mean, they put two scenes from Alien on there but where is the facehugger scene from Aliens? That scared the sh*t out of me the first time.

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.