Euro 2008

TommyAngelo

I am looking forward to this event massively, I find it way more entertaining the World cup, just to see the European teams compete it out.

Actually the reason I decided to make the topic is because the qualifying has been going for quite some time. What got me excited though was the fact Greece has made the finals of Euro 2008 and have a chance at defending the cup from 2004.

So anyway, discuss away at the greatness of this cup.

Rzo95.png

World Cup > European Cup.

I actually won some money when Greece won the the Euro 2004 final i was quite surprised, it was still good to see a lower ranked team win the tournament ahead of the power houses. icon14.gif

It's a shame that it's pretty unlikely that England won't make the tournament but there's always Euro 2012 to aim for. tounge.gif

s0h607k.jpg

Yeah, but Greece won by a bloody fluke, because all the other big ones knocked each other out.

@Seddo: Serbia > England tounge.gif

Nah, we might not even qualify, especially after losing to Kazakhstan 2-1 and drawing 0-0 to Armenia. We did, however, make it up with a 6-1 creaming of Azerbaijan.

@Seddo: Serbia > England tounge.gif

Yes i'm a serb but how can you say that?

There are 7 national teams that are forces and will always stay that (on European level)

England

France

Germany

Italy

Spain

Holland

Portugal

other teams like

Poland

Belgium

Serbia

Ukraine

Scotland

Wales

N.Ireland

Bosnia

Croatia

Romania

Bulgaria

Switzerland

Austria

Slovenia

Czech

Russia

Slovakia

Greece

R.Ireland

Sweeden

Norway

Denmark

Finland

and the 2 league.

Other teams are 3 league and this will always stay the way.Greece was a surspise but i dont see them winning the Euro again(or even passing the group phase)I put my bet on France.Surprises happen only once them time passes until it happens again.

On the Serbia note ,

we wont qualify,Poland has a match ball at home against Belgiumand they wont lose it,and for the Russia ,anything can happen in the Israel ao England still has some hope.

And like Seddo said FIFAWc2010>>>>Euro 2008 .Euro is the same fun as Copa America or African nations Cup for me-just a pass by fun,but a WC that is something special so even if we or England or anybody big miss it out on the Ec spot it isnt anything that important make a team for the world cup.

Yeah, but Greece won by a bloody fluke, because all the other big ones knocked each other out.

You having a laugh, Greece overcame Portugal, twice! France and the favourites Czech republc, that's no fluke.

On the Serbia note ,

we wont qualify,Poland has a match ball at home against Belgiumand they wont lose it,

Don't be so down mate. If Portugal loses one game, we win both our games, and Poland draws against Belgium, then we will qualify. As long as we beat Kazakhstan (which is possible) and Poland (still, possible), then we could be alright.

The draw to Armenia in Yerevan and the loss to Kazakhstan really screwed us up. Had we beaten Kazakhstan and Armenia, we would be leading the group by now.

But anyway, it's just Euro. We still have World Cup to look forwards to.

I actually won some money when Greece won the the Euro 2004 final

Hahaha. I had Milan Baros backed to be top scorer in that tournament. I won 400 quid.

On the Serbia  note ,

we wont qualify,Poland has a match ball  at home against Belgiumand they wont  lose it,

Don't be so down mate. If Portugal loses one game, we win both our games, and Poland draws against Belgium, then we will qualify. As long as we beat Kazakhstan (which is possible) and Poland (still, possible), then we could be alright.

The draw to Armenia in Yerevan and the loss to Kazakhstan really screwed us up. Had we beaten Kazakhstan and Armenia, we would be leading the group by now.

But anyway, it's just Euro. We still have World Cup to look forwards to.

OOOH Portugal is going to lose? cry.gif At home?Against Kazakhstan?Or Finland?

You gotta be kidding me suicidal.gif

The only chance is Poland drawing but that just aint happening.

Oh, don't be so keen on Poland. Poland are not really that good of a team. And Belgium? Belgium beat us, and they can steal victories quite often, especially if they have both Mpenza brothers playing.

As for Portugal, well, perhaps I looked at it wrong. If Serbia are to qualify, we have to beat Poland and Kazakhstan, and we need either Portugal to get at most a draw away from their two matches, or Poland to draw their home game against Belgium, with us beating them in Belgrade.

I think the latter suits us more. smile.gif

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.