Is this normal?

rswithdogs

user posted image

IS THIS NORMAL??? WHY DOES IT SAY ULTIMATE??? I DID NOT DOWNLOAD THE ULTIMATE VICE CITY MOD. THIS IS HOW ITS ALWAYS BEEN.

I DID NOT DOWNLOAD THE ULTIMATE VICE CITY MOD.

Oooooooooooh kay then.

You've downloaded/installed some sort of a modification, and re-installing the game will get rid of it.

Where did you buy your copy of the game? If you absolutely sure that you never installed any mods in your game, and you always had that picture in your main menu then you have a pirate copy. If you did put mods in your game you need to uninstall the game, delete your Grand Theft Auto Vice City folder located at C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games, and only then install the fresh copy of the game.

Edited by CCPD

this seems wierd but i un installed vc and installed it again and it still says "ultimate" on that menu. I took a look under vc files and saw this....

user posted image

user posted image

i bought this on ebay and it said it was brand new.....

any ideas?

Did you download yourself that 100% saved game with cars? If not your game has been seriously tampered with and is not a brand new original.

no those arent my saves

im going to get in touch with who i bought it from

thnx for all your help

After uninstalling, you must delete "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Vice City" - then you reinstall. That's the proper way of doing it.

Also, delete [.set] file.

I'd have to say, your copy is not legal-- whether you knew it or not when you purchased it is beside the point-- this does fall under the no warez rule and so I'm going to lock this (we try to stay on Take two's good side).... I'm not accusing you of any wrong doing-- I would get a refund and purchase a legal copy of the game.

==LOCKED==

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP