Rub Out

xNamexTakenx

I'm playing VC for the first time, and I just completed Rub Out. It was fun, but I really hated how Lance kept on falling behind when I wen up ahead. The part where you had to go up the stairs in Diaz's Mansion, he never kept up with me, so I had to go down to "fetch him." And then, when I killed several gang members, he used to jump down and I had to go get him again mad.gif ! Did anybody else experience this?

cold fusion 33

Well yes I did experience this but he was useless anyway colgate.gif

Also please use spoiler tags for the benefit of people who may not know how the game may playout smile.gif

Like this [spoiler ] you write the secret here. [ spoiler]

When you write that put a / between the 2nd spoiler bit like this

Well, in Rub Out, I believe you didn't have to go back for Lance even if the game directed you (I think). It would be safer for him to stay behind. Unlike you, I had a problem with him getting too far ahead and he got to the second floor of Diaz's mansion faster than I did.

Well yes I did experience this but he was useless anyway colgate.gif

Also please use spoiler tags for the benefit of people who may not know how the game may playout smile.gif

Like this [spoiler ] you write the secret here. [ spoiler]

When you write that put a / between the 2nd spoiler bit like this

Will do, next time.

@Rashon.: I never thought of that - going off without him. You are right, it would be safer, because then, he couldn't get hurt or anything. Touche on that one icon14.gif .

brucewayne909

I always had trouble getting Lance to follow me in every mission where I had to lead him somewhere, especially when we were going up some kind of stairs. It's like prodding along a stubborn sheep.

A helpful tip to get you through Rub Out: After starting the mission, go to the police station and take the helicopter. Fly it to th roof of the Mansion and then just go to the second floor. You'll only have to kill 3 guys before tackling Diaz as opposed to taking on his entire minature army on the way in.

I always had trouble getting Lance to follow me in every mission where I had to lead him somewhere, especially when we were going up some kind of stairs. It's like prodding along a stubborn sheep.

A helpful tip to get you through Rub Out: After starting the mission, go to the police station and take the helicopter. Fly it to th roof of the Mansion and then just go to the second floor. You'll only have to kill 3 guys before tackling Diaz as opposed to taking on his entire minature army on the way in.

That's a helpful tip, but it spoils all the fun colgate.gif

Diaz's "army" is quite easy to deal with, especially if you take out many of them with the sniper rifle before you really get going. You can snipe many of them from the driveway where you start (or by moving a little bit nearer the mansion)

After that I find that if you choose a heavier weapon then you can't run as fast so Lance runs ahead of you and can get into trouble. I use the Uzi for the ones in the mansion grounds, running ahead of Lance. Then I switch to the M4 for the ones on the stairs.

Lance gets confused by all the turns on the stairs but it's better to leave him confused and go up to the upper floor inside the mansion by yourself. He'll magically reappear when you confront Diaz so make sure he's not in the way when you deal with that rotund gentleman

Steve