Emo

Dem57

since theres people ranting about it every were i thought that this topic would be good so lets make it simple , rant.

My top 4 of why I hate emo music and all what it stands for:

1. the call the selfs stuff like "Punk" and "Alternative"

2. They have hi-jackt the radio whith all that stupid sh*t they call music

3. the offen cut them selfs and allways complain about everything(not all emos, but you know who you are)

4. they don't have the atitude to call them selfs "punks" since the only thing they do is to talk about there feelings and about how there mother didn't give them there way to expensive "alternetive" clothing.

Edited by dem57

New Account - Damien

Gantons Most Wanted

emo musics overated i mean come on half of chemical romances fanbase is dead due to the lifestyle.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

^ Well, emo MCR fans suck, but what can you expect?

I love MCR, but I wouldn't call them emo, and neither do they. Blame the fans who make music emo, unless the band is blatanly Emo.

Such as??? I don't know, because that music is trash.

AndyinEngland.

I was under the same impression for a long time, but once you get past the label the people give certain bands and just give them a go, you'll found that a lot of the more commercial emo stuff is quite pop-tastic and really catchy. I see it now as more of an extension of pop music than it's own category altogether.

Ninja Edit,

Also, a lot of the stuff I've liked for a while is now starting to be classed as emo as it gets more commercialized, Postal Service for example are being labeled as 'emo-tronica', a lot of the minimalistic ambient stuff is classed as this too like Boards of Canada for another example.

Edit again,

To clarify, I'm only listening to the 'indie pop' (don't call me up on namings of genre, I'm just using what I've seen) style stuff which has recently been classed as emo upon being brought into the commercial market. None of this My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy rubbish.

Edited by AndyinEngland.

offtopic:@andyinengland how do you get the h4x flag?

ontopic:emo music is actually good and get stuck in my head alot

I never understood this whole "I hate emo's" thing. What is everyone's obsession with hating them? I have never encountered an "emo" that just pissed me off so much that I had to go and rant about it to everyone.

I findly it strangely amusing.

Im Rick James B**ch!

I hate how most of the "emos" don't know anything about original emo music.

And on the topic of my chemical romance:

They lack the intensity which they once had.

EDIT:

@ spyro_je:

Personally, my dislike (hate is too strong of a term) for these modern "emos" is due to the fact that they think they live a really alternative lifestyle. Which is BS of course.

Edited by Im Rick James B**ch!

-shaDow is right.

Besides, wasn't emo originally a term to describe bands like Fugazi? They certainly don't suck.

It is a painfully easy way to organize all the sh*tty pop punk out now though, sadly.

user posted image

Besides, wasn't emo originally a term to describe bands like Fugazi? They certainly don't suck.

Somewhat. Not Fugazi in particular, but yes. Fugazi themselves are actuall (I believe?) post-hardcore.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Somewhat. Not Fugazi in particular, but yes. Fugazi themselves are actuall (I believe?) post-hardcore.

I knew that. The term was used to describe post-hardcore bands like Fugazi wasn't it? Thats what I meant to say I just forgot the post-hardcore bit.

user posted image

since theres people ranting about it every were i thought that this topic would be good so lets make it simple , rant.

My top 4 of why I hate emo music and all what it stands for:

1. the call the selfs stuff like "Punk" and "Alternative"

2. They have hi-jackt the radio whith all that stupid sh*t they call music

3. the offen cut them selfs and allways complain about everything(not all emos, but you know who you are)

4. they don't have the atitude to call them selfs "punks" since the only thing they do is to talk about there feelings and about how there mother didn't give them there way to expensive "alternetive" clothing.

Come back when you can formulate a thought-out argument.

4XEtraA.jpg