Dummy names,Hierarchy

Tornronim

I'm converting a gta3 heli with a maverick interior and I wanted to know what the hierarchy and dummys for helicopters are called. You can take your time answering, I've still got alot to do, but I think ahead.

Sorry if this has already been posted & answered but I didn't have time to look through 3000 topics.

I've already posted this once in the wrong forum (troubleshooting) and noones moved it yet, don't moan about it.

you first must have the helicopter set up like the SA one..

with moving propellers and rotors...after that you select each one and asign a name for the it ..."static_rotor" for the propeller and rotor`and "moving_rotor" for the moving part...the hollow one ...u must use the SA default ones...that can be found on each helicopter's propeller... IN san andreas.

after that rename the parts like the SA ones.

and delete the unecesery dummys.

and you must attach every part ...

-Moving_rotors attached to the static_part.

i made a pic' this is how they must look

----------------

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8406/awdasdabo1.png

put the static_rotor in the moving one ..

same goes for the big propeller

after that you link them "moving_rotor (small)

-static_rotor (small)

any questions ?

Edited by R1fl3m4n

Thanks, I should be able to do it now,but I can't use a san andreas heli for reference since I have an unregistered Zmodeler (could use gmax).

try to get 3dmax 8

I know you mean he should download the 30 day trial, because that's the only legal version sly.gif

You should be clearer in your posts. a lesser person might have thought you were promoting warez...

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, I should be able to do it now,but I can't use a san andreas heli for reference since I have an unregistered Zmodeler (could use gmax).

Use GGMM to view models and their hierarchy without all the crap of trying to import them. you can switch on dummy views and check out the hierarchy no problem.

It is also handy for checking your models works before even booting up the game. wink.gif