Jumper

papanesta

Now that does look cool. The effects look great already. Also, is that Hayden Christensen as well? And Samuel L. Jackson with white hair! wow.gif That's two more reasons to see this film!

Heh, Billy Elliott and Anakin Skywalker teleporting about the world. Have to agree with paps on the trailer, it does look like an interesting and action packed film. Will keep an eye on this...

the bourne identity was such an amazing compelling film ,and with the director doing jumper, this movie just cannot be missed..looks awesome

• 1 month later...

This movie looks awesome! I can't wait until it comes out. Hayden Christenson is an awesome actor. I don't care what anybody says! He did a great job as Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars. Whoever doesn't like Hayden Christenson doesn't know real acting lol. Also, Samuel L Jackson is such a good actor. He always does a good job in his movies...Even in SA lol!

This movie looks awesome, dispite(sp?) what SOME people have to say.

Dude. Hayden sucked in Star Wars. This is coming from a hardcore Star Wars fan. He's decent in other movies though.

Danger, danger. My name is Anakin. My sh*tty acting is ruining saga.

Looks like some cool action. As below, first thing I thought of was Nightcrawler.

Edited by Goodfella.
user posted image

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

So basically, this movie is about dudes who stole Nightcrawler's power?

*BAMF*

• 3 months later...
Themanwiththeplan

Ok I am just back from seeing this movie and im pissed. So I don't give a f*ck if this is a major bump.

First off, that prick from Star Wars was sh*te in this. Secondly, I dunno what it was but big Samuel just didn't seem right for the part of that tard Ronald (i think thats his name.) My last point is my biggest one so I will start a new paragraph for it.

It was as if they had run out of money halfway through filming and just thought "Oh sh*t, well we might aswell release what we have!" The ending came quicker than that guy in American Pie (you know, the one who hasthe chance to f*ck that hot Euro chick on webcam?)

I am angry, VERY angry at this piece of sh*t. Is there anyway I can sue for boredom, waste of time and my £5.20 back?

OPQxo.png

Movie looks so unbelievibly bad it hurts. Looks like the kind of movie that all the people in my school with the absolute worst taste in movies would go see, and then f*cking love.

Hayden Christenson is an awesome actor. I don't care what anybody says! He did a great job as Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars. Whoever doesn't like Hayden Christenson doesn't know real acting lol.

that's hilarious

Movie looks so unbelievibly bad it hurts. Looks like the kind of movie that all the people in my school with the absolute worst taste in movies would go see, and then f*cking love.

I didn't f*cking love it, far from it. But, it was amusing enough.

Theman's right though, it is as if they kind of ran out of money. No doubt there's going to be a sequel.

scMmGsh.jpg

Like in a so bad it's good type of way? Thats the only reason me and my friends watched Stealth one day(which is what I end up thinking of when I see previews for this)

Themanwiththeplan

Like in a so bad it's good type of way? Thats the only reason me and my friends watched Stealth one day(which is what I end up thinking of when I see previews for this)

No. If you go and see this after what I have written you should be banned from the forums and then shot in the face by Hilter.

OPQxo.png

No. If you go and see this after what I have written you should be banned from the forums and then shot in the face by Hilter.

Theres no f*cking way I would go out and see it(we watched Stealth on tv, so no money spent on that either) I'll just wait till it shows up on FX, and laugh at it then.

Stealth is watchable for one reason, and one reason ALONE.

Jessica Biel. Her ass in that bikini more specifically. And only that one scene really.

Incredibly short. Poor acting, coupled with zero character development. So his name's Dave and he likes a bird...fantastic. A script...well, the script barely contained anything as Doug Liman aka 'Michael Bay Mrk 2' focused mainly on 'special effects' which were...not even ever so slightly special. Sometimes you can switch off and enjoy films like this, but not when they contain dire special effects, that seem like they've probably been done by the Directors four-year-old autistic son...

I'm disappointed they took a film idea I came up with years ago and butchered it. It wasn't horrible, but I would not say it was good. (and thats being nice).

They took a good idea, gave it the most basic of plot development (if you can call it that) and tried to play off it. Problem was, by the end of the film they didn't have a clue what to do, and so the result was an ending that came VERY suddenly with a crappy scene to close off one possible loose end left, (if you can even call it a loose end). Totally felt like they were thinking "sh*t, umm... well lets leave it open so we can deal with a conclusion later."

At least the concept was good. confused.gif

sig.gif

Social: TOGA62

PS3: balltowellamp

It's wrong that I liked this movie?

I know it ended to fast though, it could of easily fit a two hour spot if it had a good story. Bad luck it didn't.

The idea was f*cking awesome though, I gotta give credit for that. The acting wasn't that bad compared to some movies.

There will be a sequel no doubt about that.

Rzo95.png

I loved it.

I kinda like movies in which don't make you think, and just let you sit there and enjoy it.

Good story, didn't mind the acting and the scenery was pretty cool.

VICECITYVIPER

I've seen Jumper it's awesome! Especially like Jamie Bell..

P.S. Hayden Christiansen does play older Anakin, doesnt he?

I saw it yesterday, f*cking sh*t.

No closure, no explainations and the sfx were pretty lame, I want my $15 back.

tuff_luv_capo

Try spending $60 on the game. I think it's coming out soon.

Try spending $60 on the game. I think it's coming out soon.

I dunno, I reckon if they do it right it could be kinda cool.

I saw this yesterday and it exceeded my expectations - not that I was expecting a great deal, especially after some of the reviews I'd read. But I had no problem following the storyline or anything - it was just a little disappointing that they didn't do more with such a great concept. Even more action/fight scenes would've improved it a lot, but anyway. As for the special effects - I didn't really see a problem with them, but I'm not much of an effects person.

I finally got to see trailers for some upcoming movies that I'm really keen to see as well - Ironman, Wanted and 10000BC. smile.gif

tuff_luv_capo

I saw this yesterday and it exceeded my expectations - not that I was expecting a great deal, especially after some of the reviews I'd read.  But I had no problem following the storyline or anything - it was just a little disappointing that they didn't do more with such a great concept.  Even more action/fight scenes would've improved it a lot, but anyway.  As for the special effects - I didn't really see a problem with them, but I'm not much of an effects person.

I finally got to see trailers for some upcoming movies that I'm really keen to see as well - Ironman, Wanted and 10000BC. smile.gif

How can you not see the Ironman preview til now? I've seen it at least 6 times and I don't even watch TV. They are whoring the crap out of it.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
^ I saw the Wanted trailer yesterday when I watched Vantage Point. I won't lie, it looked f*cking awesome, especially in it's shortness. Just a few seconds, the main guy was running in what looked like a busy supermarket parking lot during a big panic. Some thug jacks a truck to run him over when Angelina Jolie drives in with some sleek sports car and does some crazy ass stunt where she skids and ends up sucking the guy into the car. Nuts...

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Jumper the other day, and I have two words:

Complete. sh*t.

I've never really been a fan of Hayden Christiansen, but at least with Anakin, he fit the part. First off, Hayden and the "kid" version of him look nothing alike, and considering they are supposed to only be a few years apart, this is just bad cast selection altogether.

None of the characters are likable at all. Ol' Sam Jackson was the only character who really stood out to me, but he's the bad guy so you're not supposed to like him! What does that leave you with? sh*t! Complete sh*t! Also in the words of family guy, "Samuel L. Jackson is in everything." I get tired of seeing him in a different movie 50 times a year. Be original, for Christ's sake.

The acting is bad, plain and simple. For example, the girl. He visits her after they haven't seen each other in ten years, but "OH NOEZ LETZ GO TO ROME TOGETHER NOW!!" What the f*ck? That's not believable. She's so god damn accepting of everything that their conversations are always cut short, just before Hayden is supposed to give an explanation of things (which is never provided, by the way.)

Yeah the effects are all cool, and it's fun jumping around the world to different places, but bad cast selection, terrible acting, and downright horrible scriptwriting/screenplay bring the whole movie down into a crashing pile of sh*t.

My two cents. whatsthat.gif

Edited by Vercetti21

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.