Virus from this place

dxk

Sorry for such a waste of topic but I was wondeing if some could send me viruses through this forum??

I have been getting a lot of viruses as soon as i go to the gta forums and restart confused.gifcryani.gifcryani.gif

Sounds like the virus you have is responsive to popular websites or similar. At any rate, it should not be possible to transfer viruses via this website. You most likely have picked it up somewhere else, but it acts differently when you visit this website.

Can I ask, what web browser are you using?

I have the kaspersk anti-virus and use opera 9.21.........I do update my anti virus program every weal or so..................think i'll lay off the net for a while........... confused.gifcryani.gifcryani.gif SAD isn't it

Unless the admins decided that it would be a nice prank to infect members' PC's, you won't be getting viruses from here.

Your PC has probably been infected before and as Svip said, the virus you have may be responsive to popular websites or similar. Or your browser maybe faulty.

Try using some other browser, or reinstall your current one, and see if you're still experiencing the same problem.

Opera had some virus issues in the past. I dunno whether they have been resolved or not. You could try some other browser like Firefox or K-Meleon.

You can't get viruses from the forums, but I guess theoretically you could get one through them.

Like if your system was old and hadn't been updated in a while I guess someone could post a pic in an attempt to use that .wmf exploit on you, or someone could host a virus somewhere, then send you a link via PM. Of course anyone stupid enough to download/run a random *.exe probably deserves to be kicked off the internet.

In any case, both of those examples could happen to you basically anywhere on the internet, and neither would be the fault of GTAF.

OFF-TOPIC

Why is w*f even still in the filter? I mean anyone still susceptible to this exploit would be just as screwed with a jpg, etc. since Windows will recognize the image as w*f by fileheader not extension.

cool.......but what about PMs..??

do you recibe PM with viruses?

I doubt anyone would get a virus from a PM, unless whoever sent you the PM included a link that had a virus.

You most likely have spyware on your computer. Try downloading a program like Spyware Doctor to attempt to get rid of it. Also, you should update you anti-virus software.

Asmodeus again LOLOFUNNYHAHA..no