Manhunt 2

OysterBarron

OysterBarron

just seen this on gamespot if GTAIV has this trouble getting through im going to boycott the BBFC

BBFC rejects revised Manhunt 2

British Board of Film Classification denies a rating to the amended version of Rockstar Games' horror title, which is set to be released in the States.

By Emma Boyes, GameSpot UK

Posted Oct 8, 2007 3:58 am PT

While an amended version of Manhunt 2 has now been cleared for release in North America after it was given an M for Mature rating by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, British gamers are still out of luck.

The British Board of Film Classification today announced that a revised version of the game was recently submitted for assessment, after the original became only the second game in the country to be banned.

The original version of Manhunt 2, which was due out on July 13, was denied a classification in June due to its "unremitting bleakness and callousness of tone," effectively banning the title in the UK. The Irish Film Censor's Office followed suit, and the game was also given an AO for Adults Only rating in the States, also effectively banning it--both Sony and Nintendo refuse to allow AO-rated games on their systems.

Rockstar Games is currently appealing the UK ban on the original game, although this appeal was suspended while the board considered the new version.

BBFC director David Cooke said that the changes that were made to the game "did not go far enough." He said in a statement, "The impact of the revisions on the bleakness and callousness of tone, or the essential nature of the gameplay, is clearly insufficient. There has been a reduction in the visual detail in some of the 'execution kills', but in others they retain their original visceral and casually sadistic nature."

Cooke added that the board had made suggestions for further changes to the game, but these were ignored. The title has been rejected on both platforms--presumably the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii, although a PlayStation Portable version is also planned. Rockstar has the right to appeal this decision alongside its appeal against the original ban.

Rockstar representatives had not returned calls for comment as of press time.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Our good friends in Holland allow even the original version.. Long live making your own choice as an adult.

If you're under 18 though, you should not be playing this.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

M. H. Hunter III

So maybe you guys can clear a point up for me here.

Do you guys on your side of the pond have the ESRB rating system, or is that the equalivant of BBFC?

forgive me as i haven't ever heard of that system before.

But interestingly enough, i really wonder why there is so much pissing and moaning over Manhunt 2 here.

I 100% agree with EM about adults making there own choice for what they want to do here,

and if you're under the age don't play it, or get your parents to buy it for you and later complain about the games content.

sorry for the small rant, all of which has been said over and over.

La famiglia è tutto

The strength of a family,
like the strength of an army is in its loyalty to each other.
~ Mario Puzo ~

Our good friends in Holland allow even the original version.. Long live making your own choice as an adult.

O rly? IMPORT!

Bloody BBFC. Doesn't surprise me, they're known to do stupid things. For example, Terminator = 18, T2 = 15, T3 = 12A.

No sh*t, Cap'n Obvious.

This really sucks for you UK gamers, though. I heard about what was changed in the resubmitted version of Manhunt 2 and it seems they just slipped by.

Do you guys on your side of the pond have the ESRB rating system, or is that the equalivant of BBFC?

Ish. The ESRB is a voluntary ratings board, whereas the BBFC is a government agency responsible for rating all media distributed in the UK. If they don't okay it, we don't get it. If the ESRB doesn't okay it, then it goes out unrated.

31805323.png

BBFC orly.gif

English Media is biggest reason to blame.Full of f*cking GUY's and drugies.I still remember the way they handle the case.

BBFC dont want the blame again.

ROCKSTAR cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

They deserve a Lot better for there Developing efforts.

user posted image

Now ain`t that some sh*t

We ae violent kidz. Better let us play or we will start killin for real angry.gif

If all the people would be like Serbs you'd have manhunt 2 already.But piracy is unfortunatly low in the UK&other countries.

AndySerb -proud owner of the original ''Manhunt 2 '', ph34r.gif

But back on topic-

What do these guys need to give the game a go?f*ck ESBR i said that millions of times and i say it again,f*ck ESBR.

I hope UK&other countries get a copy of Manhunt 2

*crosses fingers.

Ish. The ESRB is a voluntary ratings board, whereas the BBFC is a government agency responsible for rating all media distributed in the UK. If they don't okay it, we don't get it. If the ESRB doesn't okay it, then it goes out unrated.

The BBFC is independent of governments.

BqipfxO.png

If the ESRB doesn't okay it, then it goes out unrated.

Afaik, there aren't any unrated games released on consoles. I don't know if sony/ms/nintendo even allow unrated games on their systems.

But back on topic-

What do these guys need to give the game a go?f*ck ESBR i said that millions of times and i say it again,f*ck ESBR.

It's ESRB, and they aren't the culprits here, the BBFC is. Spend less time spouting off and more time paying attention.

M. H. Hunter III

I'm American....so, I guess this doesn't affect me.

Well come on using the whole you're an American, when you just fall under the category isn't quite right.

but thats only cause i am pro-Puerto Rican bashing lately....it's not your fault. biggrin.gif

But as for your statement, it's wrong, sure manhunt 2 has a rating, i mean it received an AO rating, but virtually no retail chain will carry it, let alone the console companies would allow it to be played on their system.

And no games go out without a rating to it besides.

So it looks like we will be getting the M game, that was just rejected over the pond smile.gif

also thanks to the rest of you guys that provided the info on the BBFC wink.gif

La famiglia è tutto

~ Mario Puzo ~

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

The flag represents my race, not my location.

Or were you being sarcastic? Ah, well, I'm not much of a fan of the game anyway. I just wanted to know what they had to cut in order to maybe get an M rating. Must have been some twisted sh*t.

If the ESRB doesn't okay it, then it goes out unrated.

Afaik, there aren't any unrated games released on consoles. I don't know if sony/ms/nintendo even allow unrated games on their systems.

But back on topic-

It's ESRB, and they aren't the culprits here, the BBFC is. Spend less time spouting off and more time paying attention.

What does BBFC stand for?

im going to boycott the BBFC

How do you intend to do that?

They should make some games such as Manhunt and GTA harder for young people to buy. For example keep these games behind the counter away from young eyes but I guess that some publishers would object to this. Also give sales assistants new rights to refuse sale to adults if the sales assistant believes that they are buying the game for a young person. In the UK we can do that with alcohol, why not games?

im going to boycott the BBFC

How do you intend to do that?

Never buy a video game again?

I wounder if R* will censor further or give up trying to sell it here.

M. H. Hunter III
The flag represents my race, not my location.

Or were you being sarcastic? Ah, well, I'm not much of a fan of the game anyway. I just wanted to know what they had to cut in order to maybe get an M rating. Must have been some twisted sh*t.

yeah, i do that sarcasm crap all the time.

anyways,

I was thinking here, much like you were.

I played through the first game, and i thought it was a good game, but admittedly pretty violent.

With the different ways you could kill one of the hunters.

But what was so much worse in this game that it received an AO here in the US, and a refusal over there with the BBFC

La famiglia è tutto

~ Mario Puzo ~

Well, they cut the "rip the baddies testicles off with plyers" execution.

But most of it was blurring the screen during certain super violent executions. You can still kind of tell what is going on, but it's a bit blurry so not overly detailed.

Brian Forbes

No big deal, PSP is region free, get a psp version off Amazon.com, they deliver worldwide. Although having checked it out the worldwide shipping from amazon is quite expensive i'm sure you could buy it from yes-asia as play-asia don't ship sony stuff to europe.

Edited by Brian Forbes

Well, they cut the "rip the baddies testicles off with plyers" execution.

But most of it was blurring the screen during certain super violent executions. You can still kind of tell what is going on, but it's a bit blurry so not overly detailed.

Dude, is that really in the game? sad.gif

Also I think its kind of sad that our friends in the UK may not be able to play this game. Even if they do get it, it will be so chopped up it wont be Manhunt anymore. whatsthat.gif

M. H. Hunter III

No big deal, PSP is region free, get a psp version off Amazon.com, they deliver worldwide. Although having checked it out the worldwide shipping from amazon is quite expensive i'm sure you could buy it from yes-asia as play-asia don't ship sony stuff to europe.

Don't be retarded now, i am an adult, why would i want to mess around with a damned hand-held?

But disregarding what i just said, the PSP itself is crap, it's like the retarded love child of Sony, nothing from a console can honestly be played at a compeiteive level on the PSP, case in point GTA series, that just plays horrible on PSP.

La famiglia è tutto

~ Mario Puzo ~

GTA3Freak-2001

Ha if the BBFC are refusing the changes then the Australian OFLC won't even give R* a chance to do any editing to try for a release.

No sh*t, Cap'n Obvious.

F*ck off, dickhead.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

How the hell will you boycott the BBFC?

I honestly hope that Rockstar don't make any further cuts to this game and just goes ahead and releases it in Europe. I think everywhere except for Germany and Italy approved the title first time around. Release it there and let the importing begin!

Edited by Rain Ocampo

Its not rejected. Not in my country it ain`t

I just bought it today, the original gory version. Yeah, my country rulez i know. And i got it for 4 euros smile.gif

Ice Cube would say: Today was a good day!

Meh f*ck the BBFC. If they won't allow retailers to sell it, there is plently of other ways of getting the game. It's their own fault, only themselves to blame.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.