Speedy Gameplay

munkey_boy

Hey guys! I thought this would be the right place to ask. But I used San Andreas Mod Installer to uninstall some mods recently (Just some cars.) and unfortunately it didn't go as planned and now my GTA game play is quite speedy. Probably 2 or 3 times faster than it usually is. I mean, the shotgun is so fast it is sort of like a M1 Garand from CoD2!

Anyway since these mods were installed quite a while back all of my backups are long gone and I want to know if there is a way to fix this without reinstalling.

If you're on a dual core processor, run the game in compatibility mode. Otherwise, you might want to try re-installing.

Moved from SA Gameplay to SA Troubleshooting.

If it surfaces that this is most definitely a problem due to modding, I'll move it to Editing Troubleshooting since, as always, modding questions belong in the modding forums.

Great news guys! I found the problem but I'm not sure how to fix it. Ok so I opened up fraps to record some of this troubling gameplay and it says it was on about 60 FPS well I have FRAPS set to record at 25 FPS and when I pressed record it capped the game at 25 FPS and put it back to normal speed. Now I would be able to fix it if I could cap the amount of FPS the game plays at, is this possible?

Edit: The IN-Game FPS limiter doesn't work.

Edited by munkey_boy

Great news guys! I found the problem but I'm not sure how to fix it. Ok so I opened up fraps to record some of this troubling gameplay and it says it was on about 60 FPS well I have FRAPS set to record at 25 FPS and when I pressed record it capped the game at 25 FPS and put it back to normal speed. Now I would be able to fix it if I could cap the amount of FPS the game plays at, is this possible?

Edit: The IN-Game FPS limiter doesn't work.

You have dual-core processor. Make the game run only with one. That is the solution.

Ok all figured out and done. Thanks for all the help guys. tounge.gif

Edited by munkey_boy