Hospital Treatment?

EasyTiger

I was just wondering if you could develope injuries like if you landed on your knee's after jumping off a fence or stab wounds and you would have those injuries which slow you down untill you went to a hospital to get it sorted.

im not sure if this would add too much realism or wether it would be a cool effect.

ps. this isnt a (i wanna know if) topic its more of an idea.

Interesting stuff. I'd like to see this in the game up to a point...for example, if I've just been running for a long period and jumped from quite a high platform, Niko's pace would be slower for a little while before he regrouped to normal.

But I doubt Rockstar will do it. Its only a guess/opinion but they'll have more to concentrate on, rather than making the game too realistic.

user posted image

ok well maybe your injury would automaticly (cant spell) heal after ..lets say 2 (in game) days but if you had an important mission to do wich you need to run in... the treatment feuture could be your savour.

This would def. not add to much realism .. this is something i hope for .. i hope trips to the hospital are frequent and financialy costly .. because he most likely will not have health insurance .. lol health insurance is alittle too realistic .. but anyway .. nice topic

How about if Nico gets a headache?

How about shooting yourself in the foot, that'll make sure you won't have any headache for a while.

u fa**ot

What a finely nuanced insult! U R a genious. biggrin.gif LOL biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm alright with them putting hospitals in GTA IV, just as long as they don't add Staph infections. That is definitely where the line between realism and misery starts to blur.

I love repressed emotions.

bagga rabbit

How about if Nico gets a headache?

u fa**ot

Another genius emerges.What an intelligent remark.

Very bad idea, boring stuff... i'm sorry but it's a gta, it have to be FUN first. Could you really imagine that the character cannot run any more after having jumped of something high or taken a bullet in the leg?

I'm ok for a little animation, but no more.

Oh, remember the mission in VCS where Vic is druged up on Diaz's coke and you have to drive after some guys and kill them? Well, wouldn't it be cool if you could actually 'use' the drugs and have the same affect?

• 1 month later...
[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Sorry...

Didn't realise i was at the last page of the GTA IV Forums...

They_All_Float

i remember reading in articles when corporate bigwigs were playing the demo provided by R* that when they shot a person in the leg near some stairs the enemy fell down from that leg and then fell down the stairs. I dont think the realistic wounding will be restriced to just the AI..i hope not...they did hype the realism regarding this issue so im thinking it'll be pretty spot on icon14.gif

Well, in a preview where Niko was shot, I'm guessing in the leg, he slowed down his walking, so I guess different parts will effect the way the person reacts definately.

I think they should ditch the traditional health bar too.

If anyone has played the Smackdown vs Raw games, you would know that there is a silohette (sp?) of a body in the corner, that shows particular body parts that are injured, and the severity changes by colour from yellow, to red.

Maybe something like that aswell?

Maybe this time Grand Theft Auto IV will have difficulties? Set it to 'Easy' and it'll be like the last-gen GTAs. Set it to 'Normal' and it won't be too realistic. Set it to 'Hard' and it'll be like real life. What d'ya guys think?

thats actually a good idea.hard would be like driving over the speed limit and get a ticket like some people want.

To much realism could stuff it suicidal.gif

Its a great idea but seriously everytime you get shot you will limp untill you get medical attention? narrrrr i prefer just cap slurrys and just loose health........Hahahaha headache........

"I did your wife, you poor bastard"

It would be cool if Niko goes injured into a hospital, and since he doesn't have the health insurance he kills all the doctors and saids: Hows that for insurance?