Audio Problem

JGJONES

Hi all, i'm back after getting this brand-new PC (my old one went).

I have a small problem with my audio on San Andreas. It is not major, but it is annoying. The sound goes really weird in the menus and on the radio in-game. Basically, the normal sounds (cars, peds, guns, etc.) are almost drowned out by the radio. When i switch the car radio on, it goes alot more louder and more bassier (word?) than it should be. The " Radio " setting in Options is turned down lower than the SFX, yet in-game it is still louder and more bassier (word?) than the SFX. I want this problem solved because i want to be able to hear the radio AND the SFX clearly without the SFX being drowned out by the radio.

My System Specs:

GTA San Andreas V1.00 UK version.

Windows Vista Home Premium.

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz.

1.00 GB RAM.

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS.

Any help is very appreciated.

Ring_of_Fire

It's normal. What happens if you turn the radio off?

Just max out the SFX and experiment with every single notch for "Radio". I set both "Radio/SFX" to the max and I think it is normal.

If this helps: double-click the sound icon in your system tray. Make sure "Wave/Volume Control" are maxed out.

If you've got a sub-woofer, there tends to be more bass. Just reduce the bass in the subwoofer.

Or, check the sound properties in your system tray. You may have virtual sound effects enabled, if available. Disable that.