Radiohead - In Rainbows

Goodfella.

what

the

F*CK

Coolest way of announcing an album release ever. Holy sh*t I'll be listening to a new Radiohead album in 10 days or less.

user posted image

user posted image

Holy Crabapples Batman, this sneaked beneath my radar, but then again I haven't bought a copy of that ridiculous-price-for-it's-size NME in months/years.

I hope it's as good if not better than Hail to the Theif, but Radiohead don't tend to disappoint.

Gareth Croke marks it in his calendar.

wZVJHXg.png

just another thug

This snuck under my radar as well. This is going to rawk.

user posted image

I'll wait till one of you reviews it before spending any of my hard-earned cash.

I love repressed emotions.

I'm going to give them my money so Thom can buy his soy milk.

I'm also pretty sure that I've reverted back to high school fanboyism all in one day.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Statutory Ray
I'll wait till one of you reviews it before spending any of my hard-earned cash.

Why?

You can get it for free, you know.

I think it's great how they kept it secret, it's such a rare thing what with how easily albums leak these days, wonder if people are gonna start jumping on the bandwagon and using similar tactics. I'm considering springing for the box set, not sure yet.

user posted image

Why?

You can get it for free, you know.

Yes, of course I do.

I love repressed emotions.

I'll definitely be getting the Boxset, even the ways things are going, I'll always be a 'Solid Media' fan, but I'll be downloading this as well. And you're right Gug the name your own price thing is genious, I think they are doing it that way becuase I don't think they have a label anymore do they, becuase the deal with EMI/Capitol ran out with Hail to the Thief, I think dontgetit.gif , so they don't have a record label skimming their whack off it.

wZVJHXg.png

That background is pretty trippy.

I doubt i'll get becuase i havn't followed Radiohead much, although they do have some pretty good songs.

kippers.png

That cover is amazing, and so is the distributing idea. I'll definitely buy this.

user posted image

Oh wow, I read about this in the paper but I never really understood it or believed it. They'll be getting at least a fiver from me, maybe more. I can't see too many people putting a penny in if they're Radiohead fans to be honest. If you give people the option I can't see too many doing it. Roll on Monday.

Guglielminpietro
Oh wow, I read about this in the paper but I never really understood it or believed it. They'll be getting at least a fiver from me, maybe more. I can't see too many people putting a penny in if they're Radiohead fans to be honest. If you give people the option I can't see too many doing it. Roll on Monday.

I paid £4.55* because I'm big Radiohead fan. Plenty of people will take it for free though. I guess Radiohead aren't bothered, they must have a fair bit of cash.

*There is a 45p 'bank charge' so I wanted it to work out exactly a fiver.

smile.gif

Yeah, and they get all the profits as they aren't working through a record label, and haven't been since 2003. This should show the music industry just how music should be worth; whatever the buyer wants to pay.

I've never listened to Radiohead before but I'll buy this just to recognize their awesomeness in this case and to spite the music industry nazis.

I suspect others will do the same. Perhaps some ostrich artists will drag their heads out of the sand and notice what they are a part of when Radiohead makes big money on this. We're in the 21st century now, luddites. You don't need a bribing, scheming, vandalising, thieving cartel to distribute your music any more.

I suspect others will do the same. Perhaps some ostrich artists will drag their heads out of the sand and notice what they are a part of when Radiohead makes big money on this. We're in the 21st century now, luddites. You don't need a bribing, scheming, vandalising, thieving cartel to distribute your music any more.

Precisely. This will make people realise that music's value is in the eye of the beholder, though I reckon only those artists with a successful reputation and a rather extensive discography (Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, etc.) could possibly achieve good results with this and not suffer major financial set backs. Being a musician, I opt to never charge on the rare occasion we put music on a disc. I'm conveying my beliefs and they're choosing to listen, they shouldn't have to pay. I'd never make any money, but hell, I'm probably never going to in the world of music.

just another thug

Hopefully this becomes a standard business model and we can bypass the record industries. Artists should be making money on their performances not on overpricing their physical recordings. Physical recordings should be used as a means to get people out to the gigs.

user posted image

The Bends was their best album. OK Computer was a close second, and they went downhill after that. Needless to say I won't be rushing out to get it.

Anyway, Muse are better tounge.gif

It's not half bad actually, I wouldn't say classic just yet, but then again Radiohead albums always take a couple of weeks or a month to really grow on me then I'll be addicted. It's fairly similar to Thom Yorkes solo album The Eraser, but with a couple of hints of Hail to the Theif.

About 8.5 Chainsaws out of 10 so far. Keep in mind that Hail to the Theif in my books is a 9.5

wZVJHXg.png

It's mellow and easy to listen to, but it's not doing it for me. I'll give it a 7/10, because I'll still be listening to it when I'm in an easy-going mood.

I ordered the discbox. Radiohead is my 2nd favorite band ever so it wasn't a hard choice. Just started listening to it just now.

user posted image

Took me bloody ages to get on the site, I must admit. I do like it, a lot better than my first impressions of Hail To The Thief were anyway.

just another thug

Ahhh! The site must be getting raped right now because it's just not working for me.

user posted image

Initial thoughts are that this is way more immediate and likeable than HTTT. This album's also way more cohesive, whereas HTTT was all over the place and the songs don't really flow together.

One thing though, what the f*ck happened to Videotape? I've heard live versions that totally kill, they could've done so much more with it in the studio.

"15 Step" and "Bodysnatchers" is an amazing 1-2 opener. Those 2 and "All I Need" are probably my favorites so far.

I thought Faust Arp would be some fuzzy krautrocky thing but I'm pretty impressed by it as it is.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.