WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

blinkyblink

I've only just got sa for PC today and i've just installed it, but the gameplay is really really slow confused.gif why?

its really jumpy and keeps stopping and starting really quickly and it is NOT playable!

can someone pls tell how to sought this out?? sad.gif

Also the sound is bad..like it can only have one soundline at once, like when suomeone starts talkin the sound of the engine goes etc etc

Edited by blinkyblink

ok, most likely its your hard drive. When you save something, for instance a word document, it goes in your hard drive, and gets scattered. Most likely, GTA SA is doing this because your hard drive is messy ( data wise ) if I where you, I would defragment the hard drive. To do this, go to system tools. Hope this helped.

and try lowering your display settings to as low as possible:

options > display settings > advanced.

Edit: this belongs in troubleshooting, move request sent.

Edited by Dolven

and try lowering your display settings to as low as possible:

options > display settings > advanced.

Edit: this belongs in troubleshooting, move request sent.

I tryed that, but its just as bad!

ok, most likely its your hard drive. When you save something, for instance a word document, it goes in your hard drive, and gets scattered. Most likely, GTA SA is doing this because your hard drive is messy ( data wise ) if I where you, I would defragment the hard drive. To do this, go to system tools. Hope this helped.

thanx i will give it a try

check that you have nVIDIA graphics card and that you jave at least 3 gigs of free space of HDD and that it is fairly new, not 10 yeard old one. then set your settings to lowest and if it still slow, then you can call me bad names.

Its XP and SP2

intel extreme graphics 2

intel ® CPU 3.20 GHz

240 RAM

It should work right? confused.gif

I really apreciate all your help!

upgrade your ram and get a graphic card(ATI,Nvidia) if you think you have a good GFX car then dont bother buying one,if you think you have good specs then i dont know!

upgrade your ram and get a graphic card(ATI,Nvidia) if you think you have a good GFX car then dont bother buying one,if you think you have good specs then i dont know!

yeah i've just noticed I need 350 RAM for the game, how do u upgrade it?

thanx

yeah i've just noticed I need 350 RAM for the game, how do u upgrade it?

thanx

By buying more of it.

First of all, make sure that your PC satisfies the San Andreas system requirments:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=189214

Upgrade your PC or buy a new one. More than the RAM, I would advice you to get a better graphics card. What you're using now is integrated graphics, which wasn't designed for gaming. If you got more RAM, the game would still be laggy with integrated graphics.

First of all, make sure that your PC satisfies the San Andreas system requirments:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=189214

Upgrade your PC or buy a new one. More than the RAM, I would advice you to get a better graphics card. What you're using now is integrated graphics, which wasn't designed for gaming. If you got more RAM, the game would still be laggy with integrated graphics.

Awsome thanxfor the advice man, i dont wanna end up buyin a new computer and then the game still not working.