3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

Sacky

Ok thx i will try it!

Edit: Tested and working! Thanx for the sweet solution.

Edited by DMX20

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, if I have Patch 1.1 (EU) how can I make my limit adjuster work? Sorry I've tried reading through pages, but didn't find the answer. I've found sth like hoodlum.exe, but I have no idea what's that... Can some1 help me out? sad.gif

EDIT: Nevermind got it working. I had to download 1.0 US version of the *ssh* cracked .exe ph34r.gif ...

Anyway you should really include this in the first post, because it's really a pain in the ass to search for these.

Edited by Rob.Zombie

• 1 month later...

Maybe this is known bug, but once my wanted level gets at 4 stars (not more or less) the game crashes.

Glad it doesn't happen without this mod smile.gif

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\COLast Library Loaded: Error: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x00000002Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000000	EBX: 0x00000000ECX: 0x00000004	EDX: 0x008E4C00ESI: 0x0000F8A3	EDI: 0x00000000EBP: 0x77D50554	ESP: 0x0022FD94

NTAuthority
Maybe this is known bug, but once my wanted level gets at 4 stars (not more or less) the game crashes.

*sigh*

Comment out the 'Enforcer Model' section in salimits.ini.

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

Well i tried it but:

1. I don't find a section named like above in salimits.ini,

2. there's only line with name Enforcer Replacement whitch uncommenting couses another error on same wanted level.

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: MODELS\PLAYER.IMGLast Library Loaded: Error: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x00000002Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000000	EBX: 0x00000000ECX: 0x00000004	EDX: 0x008E4C00ESI: 0x0000DD3D	EDI: 0x00000000EBP: 0x77D50554	ESP: 0x0022FD94

So i don't find a good solution for this.

p.s. if there's an updated ini available where i should get it..? thanks respectly btw.

NTAuthority

Okay then, http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1059532047 should solve the crash. It's only, like... on the last page of the topic?

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\CUTSCENELast Library Loaded: user32.dllError: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x00804F2CException Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x0AD111F7	EBX: 0x06B0D028ECX: 0x35A57141	EDX: 0x07E3A384ESI: 0x0AD11167	EDI: 0x35A57141EBP: 0x08174B9C	ESP: 0x0023FAF4

Unsure as to why this is happening, anyone else had this issue?

NTAuthority
Unsure as to why this is happening, anyone else had this issue?

You likely have added a corrupt/otherwise incorrect DFF file somewhere.

SsZgxdL.png

You likely have added a corrupt/otherwise incorrect DFF file somewhere.

Hmm, like in Cutscene.img?

Edit: Never mind, I think the error was with the icecream sound; as I'd downloaded Pumbars' Chevrolet Ice Cram Van for SA which he converted from VC, because I'd restarted the game and after having driven around in it for a time without using the hailer everything seems ok especially as it has no real use ingame anyway.

How many extra peds can be added in the available space in peds.ide, is it definitely two or can the crash be fixed to allow for more?

Edited by omega749

Right this question has been asked so many times it not even funny, but it has never been answered properly.

How can I get Limit Adjuster Alpha 8 (also known as alpha 9), to work with ENBseries 0.75c2?

For some mindbogglingly annoying reason some ppl can get it to work but others can't, me being one of them!

I read this thread from start to end and the most common solution to this problem is;

"

Copy all ENB files (except the d3d9.dll) into the SA Dir.Instead, put the d3d9.dll into another folder like "\data" In the saloader put "data\d3d9.dll"

Load the game and it should work wink.gif "

...well it does for Limit Adjuster 7.5, it works perfectly! biggrin.gif

But I don't want to use Limit Adjuster 7.5, I want to use Limit Adjuster 8/(9) cause it has the LOD distance adjuster. LA7.5 doesn't have that cause its an earlier version!

I want Limit Adjuster Alpha 8 (also known as alpha 9), to work with ENBseries 0.75c2?

I've tried and exhausted every posible combination and either I get the Limit Adjuster working OR I get ENBseries working, never together!

HULK SMASH!!!

NTAuthority

I want Limit Adjuster Alpha 8 (also known as alpha 9), to work with ENBseries 0.75c2?

Your old method likely wouldn't even work. However, just rename SALA's d3d9.dll to sala.dll, and set it as proxy library in enbseries.ini like this:

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=1InitProxyFunctions=1ProxyLibrary=sala.dll

Some solutions that people provide like using an ASI loader for SALA only work partially, and most settings don't get used.

How many extra peds can be added in the available space in peds.ide, is it definitely two or can the crash be fixed to allow for more?

As long as you edit the 'Peds' value in salimits.ini, you're likely able to use any free ID, like you can with vehicles as well.

SsZgxdL.png

Sorry for the Double Post but,

RIDDLE ME THIS!

The saloader doesn't recognise the d3d9.dll for ENB and the ENB proxy wont load the d3d9.dll for Limit Adjuster Alpha 8/(9) 

Neither solution works!!!

Someone needs to make a universal D3D9.dll to incorporate every mod that uses it!!!

SALA 7.5 is the best of the lot.......... 8/9 etc... are BUGGY.. GET IT? BUGGY

Switch back to 7.5

Thats the best solution for u

Well that just sucks!

The only reason I wanted SALA 8/(9) was because of the LOD Distance adjuster, 7.5 doesn't have that!

This is the last question I'm gonna ask before I completly quit playing/modding GTA series;

Does anyone know of any LOD distance hacks that work with ENB?

I mean whats the point in modding if none of the decent mods available are compatable! monocle.gif

NTAuthority
Does anyone know of any LOD distance hacks that work with ENB?

I mean whats the point in modding if none of the decent mods available are compatable! monocle.gif

If the source code contains the distance mod, I'll make a custom proxy library for SALA.

SsZgxdL.png

If you get it to work with SALA 7.5, I and many other ppl would be truly greatful! smile.gif

The main problem with SALA 8/(9) is unstability with ingame audio and visual (user32.dll).

I wish you the best of luck biggrin.gif

Edited by orgcon

NTAuthority

Try my testing fix: http://files.dotbas.net/sala-partfix.zip

Use it as d3d9.dll, and rename ENBSeries' d3d9.dll to d3d9_r.dll. It's based on Alpha 8, but I haven't had many bugs with it. A very tiny amount of other changes have also been done, including the removal of the crashing 'Enforcer Replacement' value.

SsZgxdL.png

It worked initially, I got both Static draw distance and ENB wink.gif

But when I get into a vehicle I instantly get this;

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: effect.txtLast Library Loaded: d3d9.dllError: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x004A2CF3Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000000	EBX: 0x08571988ECX: 0x08571988	EDX: 0x085719C4ESI: 0x08571968	EDI: 0x00004008EBP: 0x025CF55C	ESP: 0x0022FB8C

sad.gif

NTAuthority

But when I get into a vehicle I instantly get this;

Does the crash also occur with default SA effect/particle files, if you have changed them?

SsZgxdL.png

No, the crash only occurs with an new effects.fxp sad.gif

But I don't want default effects, they suck! cryani.gif

Is there any way around this problem? monocle.gif

Is it just a simple salimits edit or something more?

Edited by orgcon

Function-X-

Try my testing fix: http://files.dotbas.net/sala-partfix.zip

Use it as d3d9.dll, and rename ENBSeries' d3d9.dll to d3d9_r.dll. It's based on Alpha 8, but I haven't had many bugs with it. A very tiny amount of other changes have also been done, including the removal of the crashing 'Enforcer Replacement' value.

It crashes in the middle of the loading screen for me, but hey you are great for doing this fix, at least theres someone who still cares

Also theres something i want to know,

i was using ryosuke's outfit mod, and sometimes not all the weapons appear, and if all the weapons appear they flicker if you look at some peds or cars

so i thought it must be the polygon's limits, so i made it high and it worked perfectly.

and from a couple of days, my motherboard died, and i had to get a new one and install XP again...

but now i see the weapons flicker again, whatever i do to the polygon limits they still flicker, or become very few and don't flicker

What could be the problem ?

i'm using SALA and the SALimit Adjuster the exe version...

Also theres something i want to know,

i was using ryosuke's outfit mod, and sometimes not all the weapons appear, and if all the weapons appear they flicker if you look at some peds or cars

so i thought it must be the polygon's limits, so i made it high and it worked perfectly.

and from a couple of days, my motherboard died, and i had to get a new one and install XP again...

but now i see the weapons flicker again, whatever i do to the polygon limits they still flicker, or become very few and don't flicker

What could be the problem ?

i'm using SALA and the SALimit Adjuster the exe version...

.asi is your problem for starters, even Windows agree that .asi is a piss poor excuss for a .dll file wannabe!

I installed the outfit mod and it didn't even work, it came up with some stupid error about not having a d3dx9_(xx) file. so I installed it and sod all happened!

TBH though, I'm in the process of making it into a cleo instead using the 'attach object to actor' opcode, obviously you won't be able to update the file in realtime while the game is running like you supposedly can with the .asi/.dat version but least it'll work properly!

My coding is poor at the moment though, so feel free to get someone else to make it if you're in a hurry lol.gif

NTAuthority
It crashes in the middle of the loading screen for me, but hey you are great for doing this fix, at least theres someone who still cares

Could you post the 'Exception At Address' value from errordump.txt? Without it, there's not much I can do about it smile.gif

Streaming memory, perhaps? Or, um, try any other limit? Also, if you're using a SALA with ENBSeries without a proxy solution, many of these limits will not apply.

No, the crash only occurs with an new effects.fxp 

But I don't want default effects, they suck! 

Which effects.fxp file do you use?

Is there any way around this problem?

Is it just a simple salimits edit or something more?

I don't see any salimits line pertaining to the effects file, but I've had odd effect crashes more often. Could you try if a clean SA with the effects you use and the same salimits makes the same problem occur? Then, try with a default salimits file. smile.gif

SsZgxdL.png

As long as you edit the 'Peds' value in salimits.ini, you're likely able to use any free ID, like you can with vehicles as well.

Thanks for this, I've also used alot of custom vehicles and peds(most with relatively high polygon count) in the game(most of the vehicles have high quality custom models, under 10 unchanged models left), because I'm struggling to get my head around SALA(I've been tinkering with certain values but there's only slight improvement) what entries do you recommend I should change and to what values to get rid of the object disappearances/slow reappearances and fuzziness/blurring etc?

My gfx card is more than capable of handling things, so it's got to be the upper limits.

Edit: I tried increasing the upper limits for peds but it didn't work, the errordump file laid the blame at peds.ide.

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: DATA\PEDS.IDE Last Library Loaded: user32.dllError: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x004C67BBException Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000000	EBX: 0x0000008BECX: 0x00B4C2D4	EDX: 0x0023FAC4ESI: 0x00B4C2D4	EDI: 0x00000008EBP: 0xFFFFFFFF	ESP: 0x0023FAE0

Edited by omega749

I don't know why, but, even if the whole area is loaded, the shadows only appear when I'm VERY close to the object. I use ENB Series 0.075s, San Andreas Retextured 1.7 and Project Oblivion 2007 HQ. I tried to use 4x Draw Distance, tried to increase the "ShadowFadeStart" and "ShadowFadeEnd" in "enbseries.ini" but nothing seems to work. What can I edit in the SA Limit Adjuster to fix this? LOD Distance is already in 3000 instead of 300, but it also doesn't work.

NTAuthority

Thanks for this, I've also used alot of custom vehicles and peds(most with relatively high polygon count) in the game(most of the vehicles have high quality custom models, under 10 unchanged models left), because I'm struggling to get my head around SALA(I've been tinkering with certain values but there's only slight improvement) what entries do you recommend I should change and to what values to get rid of the object disappearances/slow reappearances and fuzziness/blurring etc?

Firstly, I'd recommend a lot of streaming memory. I haven't exactly figured out what it does, but it seems to be a buffer for the file loading... and if important vehicle models are already 2-4 MB, it's easy to be filled. If you have the RAM, 200-300 MB'd possibly be great. If more problems appear, even more. If that doesn't help, we'll see. wink.gif

Edit: I tried increasing the upper limits for peds but it didn't work, the errordump file laid the blame at peds.ide.

Have you used SALA as a d3d9.dll? That 'exception at address' is clearly a full/corrupt pedestrian model pool, and many of these limits (including peds) don't get applied when used as ASI. If you're using my d3d9.dll workaround, try only using one ped and one ped slot in peds.ide (265), further not referencing it anywhere in the data files.

I don't know why, but, even if the whole area is loaded, the shadows only appear when I'm VERY close to the object. I use ENB Series 0.075s, San Andreas Retextured 1.7 and Project Oblivion 2007 HQ. I tried to use 4x Draw Distance, tried to increase the "ShadowFadeStart" and "ShadowFadeEnd" in "enbseries.ini" but nothing seems to work. What can I edit in the SA Limit Adjuster to fix this? LOD Distance is already in 3000 instead of 300, but it also doesn't work.

Does this also happen with an unmodified SA? The shadow system in SA isn't that good at all, if you want actually usable shadows someone'll need to write a ENB-style hook which implements modern shadow algorithms, which might be impossible with SA's models.

SsZgxdL.png

Firstly, I'd recommend a lot of streaming memory. I haven't exactly figured out what it does, but it seems to be a buffer for the file loading... and if important vehicle models are already 2-4 MB, it's easy to be filled. If you have the RAM, 200-300 MB'd possibly be great. If more problems appear, even more. If that doesn't help, we'll see. wink.gif

300MB is what I've got it on, and a custom main.scm; it's usually during missions when it happens, if only I knew what all the entries meant because that MIGHT be of help.

Have you used SALA as a d3d9.dll? That 'exception at address' is clearly a full/corrupt pedestrian model pool, and many of these limits (including peds) don't get applied when used as ASI. If you're using my d3d9.dll workaround, try only using one ped and one ped slot in peds.ide (265), further not referencing it anywhere in the data files.

Where can I get your d3d9 workaround, and how would only using one ped help if I'm trying to get more than two extra ones to work?

Edited by omega749

NTAuthority
300MB is what I've got it on, and a custom main.scm; it's usually during missions when it happens, if only I knew what all the entries meant because that MIGHT be of help.

If you have SALA as .asi, or on any other odd way other than d3d9.dll (you all seem to love ENB) most things are not applied. If you're sure they are applied (which they're not, or peds wouldn't crash) just give even more memory.

Where can I get your d3d9 workaround, and how would only using one ped help if I'm trying to get more than two extra ones to work?

*sigh* http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1059840006

Also, one extra ped is just to see if it crashes when just adding one, get it? wink.gif

SsZgxdL.png

You say your unsure about the Streaming memory whether its a buffer or what, are you sure it does anything at all!?

I've had my Stream Mem set on everything from 1 - 10,000 MBs and I have seen no change ingame, I have the annoying problem of the buildings flickering (only at certain angles though).

I assumed it could be a bad driver but updating/rolling back has no effect, I'm guessing this is obviously due to the LOD distance settings being anywhere over 300 units.

I thought I could compromise by upping the Stream mem but it has no effect on the flickering buildings? monocle.gif I have 4Gb of Ram and a 250Gb HDD So lack of available memory is not an issue. notify.gif

If you have SALA as .asi, or on any other odd way other than d3d9.dll (you all seem to love ENB) most things are not applied. If you're sure they are applied (which they're not, or peds wouldn't crash) just give even more memory.

*sigh* http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1059840006

Also, one extra ped is just to see if it crashes when just adding one, get it? wink.gif

Yes, but we've had cross purposes; the extra one I was talking about was 267 as both 265 and 266 work out just fine, 267 never seemed to work but I'll give it a go with this fix and see what happens.

EDIT: Tested but to no avail, looks as though I'll have to make do with just two extra peds; unless of course I've misunderstood...

Just to summarise things, the main.scm I have is herbie49's mission skipper, I have Olegator's speedo(which during the lowrider race was two white squares but not at any other time I've noticed) and pinky's air instruments mod the ultimate cleo trainer(along with a few cleo mods: the taxi one, player changer, zeti's advanced car control, prison escape mod which takes place in and around LSPD HQ, and the donut shops) and I'm just wondering if there's anything I need to do to get the HUD to continue to have them functioning because the mission skipper got stuck(after having saved with it on pressing 1 wouldn't turn it off) and the ultimate cleo trainer menu didn't come up when requested so I'm at a loss as to what's going on here and I'm wondering if SALA is connected in any way and that's why I'm posting this portion here.

By the by, what's ENB stand for?

I wonder how many people have car and ped megamods and AREN'T having our issues and are, as the old song says: "running down a dream"?

Edited by omega749

Does this also happen with an unmodified SA? The shadow system in SA isn't that good at all, if you want actually usable shadows someone'll need to write a ENB-style hook which implements modern shadow algorithms, which might be impossible with SA's models.

I didn't tested it in clean game, but, even without ENB Series and Project Oblivion, with only the SRT3 installed, this problem happens, but it's not so much visible, because the original shadows of the game are weaker.