3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

Sacky

Would this be the tool I'd want to use to increase vehicle/ped limits onscreen at any given time, and/or lenght of time the game remembers them?

Or am I looking in the wrong place lol?

Sacky, I have one problem.

When I try to load more than ONE dll through the saloader.ini then none of the dll works confused.gif

What is the reason?

I checked version: it's 1.0 US HOODLUM. The cars works perfect but load game every time failed

I will check out your errordump, but could you please say which limits you were using?

@Sacky: I'm assuming you already know that there are several instructions with values 20000, -20000, 25000, -25000, 25255, maybe -25255, and so on and so forth to the end of the array. I would take a hex editor and find all instances of these values, then do a search through the disassembly and see how many it finds, then deal with the differences (which I'm sure there will be zillions of, but if they reference addresses in the proper range, add them to the list of values that need to get hacked).

Yeh but the problem is there are zillions, imo theres to much margin for error, my reference finder was going to take days to find all the references in that pool.

Would this be the tool I'd want to use to increase vehicle/ped limits onscreen at any given time, and/or lenght of time the game remembers them?

Change these limits:

Max AI Vehicles

Max AI Peds

Streaming Vehicles

Also do some SCM coding to change the Ped/Vehicle Density Multipliers

When I try to load more than ONE dll through the saloader.ini then none of the dll works

I personally havent encountered this error, but I assume its because i do LoadLibrary in the DllMain, a big no no for coders. It's fixed in Alpha 8.

Also I did an amazing thing today, i totally circumvented the streaming memory limit, so now it is unlimited smile.gif

I have enabled:

Streaming Memory=190

Vehicle Models=217

I used showsavescreen.cs to call save screen after beginning of the game (before the first mission). Also I have only cleo3 and VehicleAudioLoader.asi installed.

I checked my error again, but the situation isn't changed. The savegame works OK, but loadgame causes "Loading data..." and after 1 second game crashed.

Edited by altman

Also I did an amazing thing today, i totally circumvented the streaming memory limit, so now it is unlimited smile.gif

and we dont must change it size in salimits.ini but it be unlimited and its can be unlimited megabytes set in this??

I checked my error again, but the situation isn't changed. The savegame works OK, but loadgame causes "Loading data..." and after 1 second game crashed.

I remember you saying you gave the models numbers like 19000 etc. try something a little more linear with other vehicles.

and we dont must change it size in salimits.ini but it be unlimited and its can be unlimited megabytes set in this??

Theres no setting, its just a totally hacked limit. The game will stream everything it can until Physical Memory runs out (and yes i dont mean EVERYTHING, just everything in a radius to show high quality.)

Is it a way to have a circulation more various with sa limit adjuster ?

i mean when we see oen sabre for instance, we see 3 other sabre after , and etc

can we modify something in order to have a more various circulation, in order to not see the same car during 10 min...?

Is it a way to have a circulation more various with sa limit adjuster ?

i mean when we see oen sabre for instance, we see 3 other sabre after , and etc

can we modify something in order to have a more various circulation, in order to not see the same car during 10 min...?

you can make every vehicle a ''one-of-a-kind'' spawn by simply editing the vehicles.ide file . That will prevent the car from spawning if there is another one of it's kind anywhere in your zone. Just take the column below ''flags'' and add 1 to each value there. That should do the trick. I usually do this on movie cars, like the Mad Max car, or Ecto-1, or really exotic stuff like an Enzo or a custom car.

Thanks man  icon14.gif  will test it tomorrow

I forgot to mention : only add 1 if the number in that column can be divided by 2. like 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10

If you do it on vehicles which are already flagged with the number 1, it will turn the ''one-of-a-kind'' spawn flag off and turn another one on.

Sorry if you read this too late. I forgot to mention it due to fatigue. There's an easy solution if you accidentally put this flag on one that already has it : revert it for those that can be divided by 2 after you've put the new flags on.

Mailed this to you as well, hoping I get to you in time.

In a standard GTA SA vehicles.ide, only the following cars use this ''unique spawn'' flag by default.

- Dumper (ID 406)

- Mr Whoopee (ID 423)

- Pizzaboy (ID 448)

- Bloodring banger a (ID 504)

Edited by Supra4

ok thanks, it works supra icon14.gif

when i see a sabre for instance, i only see another one 10 min later wink.gif

it is cool to not see the same car during 2 minutes

Anyhow, the only problem is that there is less circulation confused.gif but anyhow i works

Well, I haven't tried it on such a scale myself yet, so I wasn't sure if it would have an impact on the amount of traffic.

I imagine a slight modification of the popcycle.dat should be able to help out a bit in this case ... unless all the different cars are making the game run into it's memory limits.

My next suggestion : download this zip file and overwrite your popcycle.dat with the one in the zip. I didn't bother with different amounts of traffic depending on the time or anything, nor did I care what happened to the pedestrians. Just upped the car traffic dramatically around the clock (from 6-12 up to 50 cars now). See if that makes a difference.

If it does, you can edit a standard popcycle.dat file to suit your own preferences.

If it doesn't, the game is running out of memory. And in that case we've reached the end of my abilities to help.

-----

I'll remove the link once you've tested it, as this is in now way a mod I wish to release. It's just something I've cobbled together in 3 minutes for testing purposes, based on your observations. An unaltered popcycle.dat file has been included, with BACKUP added to it's name. So if you forget to back your file up, it's no big deal

Edited by Supra4

Hi! Please help me!

I've just installed SA limiter adjuster, because my buildings, objects etc. didn"t load with the game, but I have another problem now, because I cannot load my saved games, so my game crashes. But without this tool the objects are missing sad.gif So, I can't play my game sad.gif Anyone can suggest something?

Thank You very much!!!

you know ppl wont bother with a stupid question like this one but Ok I m gonna answer you

READ THE WHOLE f*ckING TOPIC BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS LIKE THIS, THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED so find it by reading topic!

You, my friend are a completely big dumbass...

Why the f*ck did you even post an answer to his question if you don't even help him? f*cking idiot...

hello guys, i got a problem when i load the game

Delete this line from saex.dat:

IPL       DATA\MAPS\EXTRA\extra.iplex

then the save games should load.

Edited by MasterK

Nothing new for the img limit yet, aye?

Ideally, we'd be able to have enough to break all the peds, weapons, cars,

vegepart, dynamic, and even separate map IDE imgs which would make

so many things so much easier and create work flows and updating mods, total

conversions especially, have yet to be able to harness.

Nothing new for the img limit yet, aye?

I did do some research on it, and I'm not entirely sure what causes the crash, if I were to guess it would be a static array of file handles, however I saw nothing of the sort on the crash, instead I found this:

The problem is that some array pointer passed into the function _RwTexDictionaryFindNamedTexture does not have the capacity to handle the memory burden that another IMG is. Possibly it could be:

0xC8800C : CTextureDict::Pool, which is currently being manipulated by the polygon limit (thats what I thought it was for, so try upping that limit then using files) (Also thanks to Seemann for finding that).

Hey guys, I dont want to read 27 pages of text just to get an answer for one short question:

What value do I have to increase to get those damn loading-the-enviroment-problems away? Im pretty sure the answer is here somewhere, but it would take hours befor I can find it. ph34r.gif

Thanks.

Thx, I got it. Great tool, finally my sa works again and looks normal. biggrin.gif

Edited by schaefft

hang on a sec ... no much circulation ... is that a typo? If you mean that there's too much circulation, that means that my initial guess was right and the answer is in the popcycle.dat after all.

If it didn't change anything, the answer is elsewhere indeed.

I'll make another copy of GTA (6 different versions of the GTA San An folder already) and see what I can come up with myself. I'll get back to you later, as I'm starting to get interested in this myself.

Edited by Supra4

lol, i will try to find a way too...with popcycle, vehicle.ide, i m going to take a look on data files

(and i was telling that there is not enough circulation even with using your popcycle dontgetit.gif)

Edited by _6mik_

just making sure aboot this:

# SA Loader# Filename: saloader.ini# Made By: Sacky# Insert the DLL names/paths to execute herenoscontroller.dllgostown.dll

that is what we do for saloader.ini? and the dll's are in the San Andreas base folder along with gtasa.exe and d3d9.dll etc. This is right?

Well, the circulation stays low no matter what I do with any file, so it seems hardcoded.

Well, the circulation stays low no matter what I do with any file, so it seems hardcoded.

I'm no expert, but I think you may be able to modify the traffic/ped density through opcodes in the main.scm. To increase, use the likes of:

01EB: set_traffic_density_multiplier_to 3.0 03DE: set_pedestrians_density_multiplier_to 2.0

Although, as far as decreasing it goes, try modding the frequency value in the vehicles.ide file. I know there's a mod which gets rid of all traffic, although depends what you want to do.

Also, while I'm here, on the topic of limit hackage, I was wondering if the following had been hacked. I have looked through this thread, with no such luck:

- XY Ammo (Position)

- XY Wanted Level Stars (Position)

Here's my current (unreleased) GTA3 HUD for the SA:LC mod. Would it be OK if I included the necessary limit files with the next update?(the d3d9.dll, salimits.ini, saloader.ini and saweapons.txt) I'll give full credit to the creator.

user posted image

I'm no expert, but I think you may be able to modify the traffic/ped density through opcodes in the main.scm. To increase, use the likes of:

Yes increase the density then change some of the AI Limits SALA modifies.

- XY Ammo (Position)

- XY Wanted Level Stars (Position)

Ammo and wanted level stars position will be in the next version, so will radar.

Here's my current (unreleased) GTA3 HUD for the SA:LC mod. Would it be OK if I included the necessary limit files with the next update?(the d3d9.dll, salimits.ini, saloader.ini and saweapons.txt) I'll give full credit to the creator.

Contact me via PM