3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

Sacky

Don`t be mad Sacky , but it`s not possible to play normal with this limit , 5 minutes and an error : /

marcin 6 what limit you have in the think??

Jaki limit masz na my¶li??

Don`t be mad Sacky , but it`s not possible to play normal with this limit , 5  minutes and an error : /

marcin 6 what limit you have in the think??

Jaki limit masz na my¶li??

This Limit Adjuster of course ....

Thanks Sacky!

This is what I found out about handling:

There is a static array of chars 14 Bytes wide per element, there are 210 elements here 0x8D3978

0x6F4F30 : GetHandlingIDFromName(char* cName,char cArray[][],int numBytes,int numElements);

It gets called at:

0x5BD90B

0x5BDA53

0x5BDB75

0x5BDBE7

However there is another GetHandlingIDFromName function, GetHandlingIDFromName2:

0x6F4FD0 : GetHandlingIDFromName2(char* cName);

Inside it is where the name array is processed

0x6F4FD9 : mov esi, offset HANDLINGNAMEARRAY

Then it keeps looping until it gets to the end of the array, defined by this:

0x6F4FF4 : cmp esi, offset HANDLINGNAMEARRAYEND

So I rewrote all those address to my new Handling Name Array and that was all fine, however its the HandlingPool that becomes the problem

0xC2B9C8 : CHandling::Pool

I'm guessing that each element in the CHandling::Pool was 0xE0 due to some imul values I saw. so I rewrote all those addresses (including the static variables within the pool) and then I got the GTA Screen of Death

You can't say I didnt try tounge.gif

Don`t be mad Sacky , but it`s not possible to play normal with this limit , 5 minutes and an error : /

Run SA Version Checker and tell me your games version

Thanks for trying sacky, maybe alexander can fix his program, if it's possible. By the way what function does the handling pool do? Is it neccessary to change it to be able to add handling lines to handling.cfg?

P.S. What program did you use to find this data? (Just Curious)

Edited by sparkyone

Thanks for trying sacky, maybe alexander can fix his program, if it's possible. By the way what function does the handling pool do? Is it neccessary to change it to be able to add handling lines to handling.cfg?

P.S. What program did you use to find this data? (Just Curious)

Yes the Handling Pool remembers all the values from handling.cfg, and can only remember a certain amount (210 cars I think?), so I need to reallocate that and make the pointers look at my memory. And I use TSearch and IDA Pro, however don't open it up expecting to find what I did, its not that kind of operation.

EDIT:

I think I have found out how to hack the 5 IMG File limit, derty could you contact me for a testing opportunity?

Edited by Sacky

Sacky, Alexander seemed to have a way to adjust the handling pool without getting the gta sa screen of death in his handling adder program. I'm not quite sure how he did it. The only info I have is on the quote below from the handling adder forum. The only problem is that he can't find all of the sub items, sacky maybe you might have come across some of them, and can help Alex out, and/or he could he help you by telling you how he was able to modify the handling pool.

Quote:

Alexander Blade Posted: Jan 19 2008, 16:44

Sanny Builder Team

Group: Members

In handling adder i replaced the old pool with a new one and i change all of refernces to this pool including refernces to sub items of handling pool . Sub items have no direct address and this is the problem , i tried 2 find all of them ... but it's very difficult

Edited by sparkyone

Its my standard to replace all references in that pool, references being:

0xC2B9CC

0xC2B9D0

0xC2B9D4

0xC2B9D8

0xC2B9DC

0xC2BA08

0xC2BA50

0xC2BAAC

0xC2BAB4

0xC3491C

Oh

Good News Alexander Blade is going to make a new handling id adder, he hopes that it will not have the bugs like the other one!

Edited by sparkyone

have you hacked the 20.000 ID limit? when will alpha 8 release? did you work on hack the 20.000 ID limit?

No, I know how it works but it is REALLY hard to overcome.

Alpha 8 will be released when I work out the bug in the map bounds hack.

I have worked on hacking the 20,000 ID Limit for ages.

have you hacked the 20.000 ID limit? when will alpha 8 release? did you work on hack the 20.000 ID limit?

No, I know how it works but it is REALLY hard to overcome.

Alpha 8 will be released when I work out the bug in the map bounds hack.

I have worked on hacking the 20,000 ID Limit for ages.

You said you have been working on adjusting the 20000 id limit for ages. I'm just curious, just how close you are to hacking this limit? Do you think you will ever hack it? (I sure hope you will)

You said you have been working on adjusting the 20000 id limit for ages. I'm just curious, just how close you are to hacking this limit? Do you think you will ever hack it? (I sure hope you will)

There are countless sizeof() references in the code, as well as over 500 sub-items in the modelpool array, and thats not even mentioning the second modelpool array, so it may never get done, if it does consider yourselves lucky. Theres also a chance that it is beyond my knowledge, as the SCM Block hack appears to be at the moment, I do everything I would normally do to circumvent a limit, yet it still crashes, and that was 3 sub-items and a couple of sizeof references, here where talking about something much bigger, with a much more greater potential for failure.

Edited by Sacky

There are countless sizeof() references in the code, as well as over 500 sub-items in the modelpool array, and thats not even mentioning the second modelpool array, so it may never get done, if it does consider yourselves lucky. Theres also a chance that it is beyond my knowledge, as the SCM Block hack appears to be at the moment, I do everything I would normally do to circumvent a limit, yet it still crashes, and that was 3 sub-items and a couple of sizeof references, here where talking about something much bigger, with a much more greater potential for failure.

I hope the limit will hacked in next Time! when you dont hack this limit GTA United cant finish!

I hope the limit will hacked in next Time! when you dont hack this limit GTA United cant finish!

They can they just have to merge objects

They can they just have to merge objects

yes they can but I think it take much time to merge objects of LC and VC and so I must Wait longer for an GTA United with LC VC and SA.

Wow, that does sound complicated...

Chipping in with nothing constructive smile.gif

Just like to say that a lot of this thread is "Sacky: do this", "Sacky: this doesn't work" and "Sacky: do that."

I'd just like to say: Thank you inlove.gif

Without your efforts I wouldn't be able to enjoy my game as much as I do at the moment. Your coding's enabled me to run things with a large view distance and yummy textures (I don't ask for much), without these things crapping out on me. GTA:SA looks like a different game now and it's all thanks to your Limit Adjuster.

Cheers, Sacky: have a beer, mate, you deserve it smile.gif

Edited by Dragon32
Chipping in with nothing constructive smile.gif

Just like to say that a lot of this thread is "Sacky: do this", "Sacky: this doesn't work" and "Sacky: do that."

I'd just like to say: Thank you inlove.gif

Without your efforts I wouldn't be able to enjoy my game as much as I do at the moment. Your coding's enabled me to run things with a large view distance and yummy textures (I don't ask for much), without these things crapping out on me. GTA:SA looks like a different game now and it's all thanks to your Limit Adjuster.

Cheers, Sacky: have a beer, mate, you deserve it smile.gif

View Distance large ?? where to find this option ?

I have problems with game saving/loading:

1. Download Limit Adjuster 7 1/2 and put all files in root dir except extra

2. Enable stream memory limit up to 190 mb

3. Enable vehicle limit for 4 vehicles (19000, 19001, 19002, 19003)

4. Delete 'IPL DATA\MAPS\EXTRA\extra.iplex' line from saex.dat

5. Try to save/load

All I got every time is this error

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows: GTA Info: Version: US 1.0 Last File Loaded: AMERICAN.GXT Last Library Loaded: user32.dll Error: Unknown Assembly Info: Exception At Address: 0x00000009 Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) Registers: EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000001 ECX: 0x00A8EED0 EDX: 0x00000009 ESI: 0x00A8EED0 EDI: 0x00A90670 EBP: 0x00000005 ESP: 0x0022FB28

I have problems with game saving/loading:

1. Download Limit Adjuster 7 1/2 and put all files in root dir except extra

2. Enable stream memory limit up to 190 mb

3. Enable vehicle limit for 4 vehicles (19000, 19001, 19002, 19003)

4. Delete 'IPL DATA\MAPS\EXTRA\extra.iplex' line from saex.dat

5. Try to save/load

All I got every time is this error

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows: GTA Info: Version: US 1.0 Last File Loaded: AMERICAN.GXT Last Library Loaded: user32.dll Error: Unknown Assembly Info: Exception At Address: 0x00000009 Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) Registers: EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000001 ECX: 0x00A8EED0 EDX: 0x00000009 ESI: 0x00A8EED0 EDI: 0x00A90670 EBP: 0x00000005 ESP: 0x0022FB28

watch here how you must add cars it is the 3rd post. biggrin.gif

Sacky's right: it is very hard to hack the ID limit. It took me a number of months to do that with VC, and since this whole thing started out in September everyone should be very grateful that he has worked this fast and has had the patience to deal with this stuff day after day, because I do not.

@Sacky: I'm assuming you already know that there are several instructions with values 20000, -20000, 25000, -25000, 25255, maybe -25255, and so on and so forth to the end of the array. I would take a hex editor and find all instances of these values, then do a search through the disassembly and see how many it finds, then deal with the differences (which I'm sure there will be zillions of, but if they reference addresses in the proper range, add them to the list of values that need to get hacked).