3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

Sacky

i have one question what you can tell about scm block limit?? (because when i active this limit i cant load the game and starting new too but when i deactive its all ok)

The SCM Block Limit is a concept I came up with that is not functioning at the moment, and is still not functioning in Alpha 8, however I am pleased to present a very big update to SA Limit Adjuster that will be available to the public in Alpha 8, mapping bounds hacking:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=168666&st=1460#

thanks for the info sacky and i have last question about streaming memory and streaming vehicle what i must increase this for example check size of all txd(or other file) and increase??

and i dont know what to increase this limits:

; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL Limit

#Dummys=2500

#PtrNode Doubles=3200

IPL Files=257

#QuadTreeNodes=400

#QuadTreeNodes2=40

#MatDataPool=4096

#AtmDataPool=1024

thanks for the info sacky and i have last question about streaming memory and streaming vehicle what i must increase this for example check size of all txd(or other file) and increase??

Only increase if you see close up textures that are rendered as LOD's because the buffer isn't big enough, HD Cars come to mind.

and i dont know what to increase this limits:

Don't worry about those limits, I saw them in the memory, but cannot account for what they actually do except for the strings next to them tounge.gif

thanks sacky for answer.

and i have some question maybe its be correct think but i don't sure( this think can be wrong).[its be about streaming memory]:

when we have the original gta3.img file in megabytes(its be size of 896.515625mb) and we split it with 50 mb(its be the streaming memory size) result it be 17.9303125 mb.

And i think this: one mb of the streaming memory fall to 17.9303125 mb size of the gta3.img and i think when we split the size of our gta3.img with the 17.9303125 the result is the number with which we must increase the streaming memory(but first we must dome up the number)

Sacky are ever going to try to add a way to adjust the handling limit. It would very helpful. I know Alexander Blade has a program out, but it is very buggy. It would really awesome to be able to add handling without any bugs.

Not really a good model, but IMO a good achievement, I have finally hacked the +/-3000.0 mapping boundaries:

user posted image

IPL Line:

714, veg_bevtree2, 0, 3032.0, -1760.71875, 2.1640625, 0, 0, -0.7398733497, 0.6727461815, -1

Excellent! I can't believe no one has gone crazy yet about this.

I think it's awesome sacky, great work man, I've been very excited to

see what further you say about this.

i have one question what you can tell about scm block limit?? (because when i active this limit i cant load the game and starting new too but when i deactive its all ok)

The SCM Block Limit is a concept I came up with that is not functioning at the moment, and is still not functioning in Alpha 8, however I am pleased to present a very big update to SA Limit Adjuster that will be available to the public in Alpha 8, mapping bounds hacking:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=168666&st=1460#

When will alpha 8 release?

I have a question. can you hack the LOD limit? The LOD Limit is 299 when you put it up it the Objects have no COLs. So can you hack this limit?

Sacky, is it possible you can raise the 5 IMG file limits? I didn't see it in the INI

WHat's these?

#Enable Ads=0#Window Name=GTA: San Andreas#Windowed=0

Sacky, is it possible you can raise the 5 IMG file limits? I didn't see it in the INI

WHat's these?

#Enable Ads=0#Window Name=GTA: San Andreas#Windowed=0

enable ads (when it be 1 the videos be playing when the gaaaaaae starts when 0 it not playing)

window name(title of the window in the manager(ctrl+alt+delete)

windowed(when 0 its be in full screen when 1 its be windowed)

When will alpha 8 release?

I have 2 main focus's to the next release, map bounds hacking (95% done) and the ability to add weapons, I am working on these as hard as I can.

I have a question. can you hack the LOD limit? The LOD Limit is 299 when you put it up it the Objects have no COLs. So can you hack this limit?

Can you explain the limit a little more for me?

Post the errordump.txt here when the game crashes due to the 5 IMG Limit and we'll see.

Nice work! And very fast work too, you started this thread back in september. Also nice work on getting the hacks in a .dll module - I tried that with VC and it didn't load fast enough.

Oh man again :| Do not why !

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\DS

Last Library Loaded: user32.dll

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x007F18CF

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0x00020000 EBX: 0x00000000

ECX: 0x00000178 EDX: 0x1A5F8158

ESI: 0x00000050 EDI: 0x08EB07B8

EBP: 0x02264A90 ESP: 0x0022FCB0

I Gut US Version Hoondlung

Can you explain the limit a little more for me?

tihs is an IDE line: ID, DFFNAME,TXDNAME, 299, 0

RED=This is the LOD Number. You can adjust here how far you can see the objects. If You put it over 299 The objects have no collision and you fall through this objects.

So can you hack this limit so that you can put the LOD over 299?

Only streaming memory limit to 500

Well thats weird, do you have any IPLEX running? They are obsolete in Alpha 8, so may as well disable them.

Only streaming memory limit to 500

Well thats weird, do you have any IPLEX running? They are obsolete in Alpha 8, so may as well disable them.

What is Iplex ?? I only gut streaming memory limit on thats all

Good news, i believe ive managed to fix the weapon ID Limit patch, so more weapons should now be able to be added in Alpha 8, also I managed to get more Aiming Offsets into the game.

Sacky, Would it be possible to fix the aspect ratio (4:3, 16:10, 16:9) in the next release?

I don't follow? GTA has widescreen options and widescreen resolutions (I know because i have a widescreen)

I'd say that was an IPL inst limit, one of the first I broke smile.gif, to increase this limit:

[DYNAMIC LIMITS]

; The Number of IPL Instances allowed in the game (inst)

Buildings=13000

Dummys=2500

PtrNode Doubles=3200

IPL Files=256

you could just try doubling all those limits, or setting them to what you think is best, but it might not be a 1:1 ratio (thats why I recomend initially doubling them)

I tried increasing but no use. I created different crashes by adding more lines to different IPL files and the crash seems to take place at the same place.

Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: DATA\MAPS\illcom\illcomSUB.ipl Last Library Loaded: user32.dllError: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x00538103Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000580	EBX: 0xFFFFFFFFECX: 0x02697D08	EDX: 0x000009C4ESI: 0x00000000	EDI: 0x0022FD44EBP: 0x00AB1B94	ESP: 0x0022FCAC

Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: DATA\MAPS\illcom\illcomSUB.ipl Last Library Loaded: Error: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x00538103Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000580	EBX: 0xFFFFFFFFECX: 0x02697D08	EDX: 0x000009C4ESI: 0x00000000	EDI: 0x0022FD44EBP: 0x00AB1B94	ESP: 0x0022FCAC

Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: DATA\MAPS\illcom\illcomSUB.ipl Last Library Loaded: Error: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x00538103Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x000005B5	EBX: 0xFFFFFFFFECX: 0x02697D08	EDX: 0x000009C4ESI: 0x00000000	EDI: 0x0022FD44EBP: 0x00AB2234	ESP: 0x0022FCAC

Edited by spaceeinstein

Sacky is it going to be possible to adjust the handling id limit in the next release?

Nup, Alexander already made a tool for that, no point in reinventing the wheel, also last time i tried it i ended up with the GTA screen of death

I tried increasing but no use. I created different crashes by adding more lines to different IPL files and the crash seems to take place at the same place.

GTA: United had this crash as well, im still working on a fix for it

EDIT: I think i have the fix, contact me via PM for a testing opportunity

Edited by Sacky

Yes alexander has made a tool for it, and I have tried to use it, however it has so many bugs it isn't worth using, (even alexander doesn't use it, and from I understand he doesn't plan on fixing the bugs, however I could be wrong about that). If you could find a way to let players add to the original handling.cfg and not have to use an asi or dll program (besides the sa limit adjuster and saloader), then it might be possible to add handling without a lot of bugs. I know you got the screen of death before. It is possible that the enteries weren't the right ones. Maybe you could contact Alexander find out where the entries he found are, and go from there. Just out of curiosity do you use Alex's handling adder Sacky? Because if have I'm sure you about the bugs I speak of.

Quote From Handling Adder Forum:

Alexander Blade Posted: Jan 11 2008, 13:22

this is very bugged tool )) and i don't use it .

use original handling IDs and remove this stuff

Edited by sparkyone

Sacky, Would it be possible to fix the aspect ratio (4:3, 16:10, 16:9) in the next release?

I don't follow? GTA has widescreen options and widescreen resolutions (I know because i have a widescreen)

Yes, SA has a widescreen options and allow widescreen resolutions, but no to all widescreen types... For example, I have a 16:10 monitor (1680x1050) and SA supports this reslotion, but the real ingame aspect ratio is 4:3, and in widescreen mode, 16:9... Really SA not have fully support for WSXGA monitors....

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\AA

Last Library Loaded: user32.dll

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x007F099B

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0xFFFFFFFF EBX: 0x04CD7458

ECX: 0x00000001 EDX: 0x00000018

ESI: 0x19813BE0 EDI: 0x1981914C

EBP: 0x04CD7460 ESP: 0x0022FCF0

A do everything and nothing help , always this error : |