3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

Sacky

Dot get it download same as before? Have you fixed that loading Bug?

if i get it right download is the same as for the version SA Limit Adjuster Alpha 7 the first edition right?

Edited by l.l.cool.j

And i still get this when i load the save game! confused.gif

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: main.scmLast Library Loaded: Error: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x0156DA35Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000000	EBX: 0x00005701ECX: 0x00000057	EDX: 0x023B9630ESI: 0x00000000	EDI: 0x0022FB79EBP: 0x00000005	ESP: 0x0022FB48

And i still get this when i load the save game!

What limits are active in your salimits.ini? Deactivate all limits and then tell me if it still does that.

And i still get this when i load the save game!

What limits are active in your salimits.ini? Deactivate all limits and then tell me if it still does that.

only streaming memory set to 150 thats all

deactivate limits as: to set all limits off, or to set all limits on?

Witch exe should i use when i got the error its writing that i have 1.0 US but when i use your Checker it writes that exe is unknown? mercie_blink.gif

EDIT: oh sh*t man i cant belive i did this! man i got carried away and i replaced my exe i didnt backed it up now all the sound that i saved with vehicle audio editor are gone suicidal.gif

Edited by l.l.cool.j

I keep getting this same error as soon as my game loads

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: ANIM\CUTS.IMG

Last Library Loaded:

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x004D2C3A

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00000318

ECX: 0x0022FD60 EDX: 0x0DED7770

ESI: 0x0022FD5C EDI: 0x0EB82F78

EBP: 0x0EB851D8 ESP: 0x0022FCD4

There is no any proper guide ( or at least think so) you just get those files in your SA directory And do whatever you want to do like you are unlimited!

if you want to get the game to rune fine with high poly cars open Salimits with notepad and find the lines

; Streaming Memory (in MB's)#Streaming Memory=50#Streaming Vehicles=22

Change them to!

; Streaming Memory (in MB's)Streaming Memory=190#Streaming Vehicles=22

Well that is how mine looks but you can change those numbers if you want oh yea I am using only the streaming memory so i removed the " # "

Thank you and one more question please if anybody don't mind. I have backup'd my gta3.img + carcols, carmods, handling.cfg and vehicle.ide with around 40 cars installed and the size of my gta3.img is 1.03GB so will they work with SA Limit Adjuster?

yes they will you can put anything you want in your gta3 img! an hour ago I ve tested out San andreas with img size 1,8 gb means every car is replaced and every part of map is retextured! and the game runs fine with limit adjuster no lod s and blury textures

However it is not on me to tell you this, but last version alpha 7 has a bug when you load your save game ( most people have this bug ) so you will just have to be patient till this is fixed!

Only activated Streaming Memory (put 200 MB), loaded a save game, played for a while (around half an hour), then the game crashed confused.gif

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\AMBIENCELast Library Loaded: user32.dllError: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x00754B1CException Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x0DE33E8B	EBX: 0x000000C2ECX: 0x0022FBFF	EDX: 0xFFC2C2C2ESI: 0x00000000	EDI: 0x00000020EBP: 0x00000004	ESP: 0x0022FB64

I tried playing without activating any values of the limit adjuster (everything on #'s), played for a bit, then minimized the game window and went to GTA SA directory, and, even though the game didn't really crash, there was an errordump file:

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: gta_sa.setLast Library Loaded: user32.dllError: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x007C4781Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x000000A4	EBX: 0x00000000ECX: 0x000000A4	EDX: 0xFF0000DDESI: 0x02510BA4	EDI: 0xFF0000DDEBP: 0xFF000181	ESP: 0x0022FDB4

Then I tried playing by activating Streaming Memory, but I didn't change the default value (50 MB), and occurred the same as above confused.gif

Would everyone who got an error after my last post please do this:

Report on what limits are active in your SA Limit Adjuster

Turn off all limits and see if the bug still reoccurs

Tell me your version with SA Version Checker

I've been noticing that either with just Streaming Memory limit being activated or deactivated the same error applies (tried with values 50, 150 and 200), yet, sometimes happens during the game even though the game doesn't necessarily crash (the same as my last post before this one), or instead the error occurs when I quit the game.

Other than that, sometimes the game takes longer or shorter to crash, and when it does crash the errors occurred are all related to AUDIO\STREAMS, and I haven't got the main.scm error so far, and also it seems that higher Streaming Memory values make the game crash faster plus making the game slower, sometimes causing small "fades" that seems that the game is gonna crash, but then estabilizes. I'm not sure if the game ends up crashing about AUDIO\STREAMS by having all limits off because I haven't tested that yet.

Also, about this last time I played before posting this, the game didn't end up crashing, I quit when I've had played for already over an hour, but yet, right when I had quit the game, there was an errordump file with the same error as my last post.

I'm not sure if anything of what I mentioned helps at all but it's what I've been noticing so far confused.gif

Oh yeah, my GTA SA version is Version US 1.0 HOODLUM.

OK Sacky sry man it was my bad I can load the game now! colgate.gif It was something that had nothing to do with your tool It works fine! had no crashes!

And you other guyz try to test your San Andreas without the Limit adjuster, The error s maybe caused by mods , NOT Limit Adjuster

OK Sacky sry man it was my bad I can load the game now! colgate.gif It was something that had nothing to do with your tool It works fine! had no crashes!

And you other guyz try to test your San Andreas without the Limit adjuster, The error s maybe caused by mods , NOT Limit Adjuster

well i have no mods , and my game crash after i loaded my save game , and later delete limit adjuster and save games dont working

Thanks again ll.cool.j and thanks sacky for this wonderful tool. I hope you will solve the minor problems that are left regarding saved games. Keep up the great work. colgate.gif

just find this out the save that you made before using Limit adjuster works fine and loads normal but when you save a game using Limit adjuster the same game you just saved wont work again! confused.gif

just find this out the save that you made before using Limit adjuster works fine and loads normal but when you save a game using Limit adjuster the same game you just saved wont work again! confused.gif

yup thats right

OK Sacky sry man it was my bad I can load the game now! colgate.gif  It was something that had nothing to do with your tool It works fine! had no crashes!

I've tried without the Limit Adjuster and the game runs fine, no crash, neither errordump file when I quit the game. Then, if I put back the Limit Adjuster, either with just Streaming Memory on/off, the game doesn't necessarily crash, but, when I quit the game, an errordump file equivalent to the one that I posted before always appears (gta_sa.set) confused.gif

Well, this doesn't seem very bad since the game keeps running, but anyways, for me, sooner or later the game crashes because of AUDIO\STREAMS sad.gif

Also, about the saved games with the Limit Adjuster, it's correct: you can't load that save game again, the game crashes about main.scm confused.gif

but, when I quit the game, an errordump file equivalent to the one that I posted before always appears (gta_sa.set)

Yes, an error always occurs when quiting the game, you just don't see it because I bypass showing it.

Also, about the saved games with the Limit Adjuster, it's correct: you can't load that save game again, the game crashes about main.scm

Very, very strange, try removing the saex.dat default data.

Sacky does it work with Patch v1.01 EU with the Crack .exe?

No sorry, it needs 1.0 (US Preferably)

Sacky does it work with Patch v1.01 EU with the Crack .exe?

No sorry, it needs 1.0 (US Preferably)

suicidal.gif Then i should kill my self instead sad.gif i don't have US version i have EU. Sacky please make it possible for the EU versions as well otherwise there's no hope for me.

i don't have US version i have EU. Sacky please make it possible for the EU versions as well otherwise there's no hope for me.

Im sure google can be your friend if you want a US Version

Also, about the saved games with the Limit Adjuster, it's correct: you can't load that save game again, the game crashes about main.scm

Hey, I deleted this from the saex.dat:

IPL       DATA\MAPS\EXTRA\extra.iplex

and the saved games using the Limit Adjuster are now successfully loaded colgate.gif

Thanks for that tip wink.gif

Hey, I deleted this from the saex.dat:

IPL       DATA\MAPS\EXTRA\extra.iplex

and the saved games using the Limit Adjuster are now successfully loaded colgate.gif

Thanks for that tip wink.gif

YEACH for me too working !!!! No errors THX !!!

Very strange that the SCM Hook should interfere with the saving of the games, but I guess them's the breaks tounge.gif

Hey Sacky, I wonder if there's a way to be able to have the Limit Adjuster and spooky's Speedometer working simultaneously. By now you can just either use the Limit Adjuster and play without texture problems, but without speedometer, or to use the speedometer and suffer those texture problems. This because both have in need the file d3d9.dll confused.gif

It would be nice to be able to have the speedometer to see how fast can the Veyron go, but preferably without the road I'm going always disappearing lol.gif

Man can i use my gta3.img, carcols, carmods, handling.cgf and vehicles.ide from EU version to US version in order to take advantage of Limit Adjuster? or do i have to install new mods from the start in US version. If this is so then it is so disappointing confused.gif

Man can i use my gta3.img, carcols, carmods, handling.cgf and vehicles.ide from EU version to US version in order to take advantage of Limit Adjuster? or do i have to install new mods from the start in US version. If this is so then it is so disappointing

Just replace the exe, it won't affect any of your other mods (unless you have some rare EU DLL mods).

@Hari: Try loading it through saloader.txt