3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[REL|ALPHA] SA Limit Adjuster

Sacky

Ok here is the error I am getting with a new save game.

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\CR

Last Library Loaded:

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x004c8F24

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0x1219EE58 EBX: 0x008A7740

ECX: 0x00000030 EDX: 0xBD9AA27C

ESI: 0x3F029102 EDI: 0x00B26C8C

EBP: 0x00000120 ESP: 0x0022FC90

The only thing I edited was streaming memory and streaming vehicles. They are both set at 512 and the game runs great aside for the error

Edited by pywakett

GTA Info:

Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Registers:

ESI: 0x3F029102 EDI: 0x00B26C8C

The only thing I edited was streaming memory and streaming vehicles. They are both set at 512 and the game runs great aside for the error

Question , what gives streaming vehicles ??

Ok just chill out just chill out notin big just that my gta3img size 1,6 gb works like a baby with 900mb data!!! HOLLY sh*t NO MORE LOD TEXTURES I DONT BELIVE I CAN PUT ANYTHING IN MY GTA NOW THX Sacky thx Sacky I would give you the medal of The best Codecracking guy in the universe thx one more time now see ya all around i am going to play Sa for 3 days non stop!

GTA Info:

Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Registers:

ESI: 0x3F029102  EDI: 0x00B26C8C

Question , what gives streaming vehicles ??

Its right below the streaming memory section should say streaming vehicles.

GTA Info:

Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Registers:

ESI: 0x3F029102  EDI: 0x00B26C8C

same error 4 me..

There are some values that I automatically NOP/Patch in this, I'll see what happens when I disable them, but I am glad to hear the streaming memory hack worked

Hi all!

Are there a critical limit for the gta3.img file dimension supported by SA limit adjuster streaming memory hack?

(i.e. 2GB, ecc...)

Thanks

I think the only limit would be how much memory you have. I have a lot of modded vehicles and I set the streaming memory and streaming vehicles both at 512 and the game runs perfect

Ok pywakett, tnx!! wink.gif

I'm going to insert all hi-quality vehicles that i've collected in the last 2 years for restarting all GTASA play history smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

TNX Sacky you're the best GTA code modder/cracker.

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: main.scmLast Library Loaded: Error: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x0156DA35Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000000	EBX: 0x00004701ECX: 0x00000047	EDX: 0x023B9688ESI: 0x00000000	EDI: 0x0022FB79EBP: 0x00000005	ESP: 0x0022FB48

Got this when i load a save game! confused.gif I cant use my San Andreas till you fix this, take you time! But I am still glad That you have managed to crack out that streaming memory limit!

EDIT: And yea just to add something! there is no need to put the memory of streaming and vehicle streaming to high values like 512 / 512 Mb, you will just lower your game s performance i have tested out The game with gta3 img size 1.6gb with streaming memory put to 250 mb i didnt touch the vehicle streaming at all and the game runs perfect!

Edited by l.l.cool.j

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: main.scmLast Library Loaded: Error: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x0156DA35Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x00000000	EBX: 0x00004701ECX: 0x00000047	EDX: 0x023B9688ESI: 0x00000000	EDI: 0x0022FB79EBP: 0x00000005	ESP: 0x0022FB48

Got this when i load a save game! confused.gif  I cant use my San Andreas till you fix this, take you time!  But I am still glad That you have managed to crack out that streaming memory limit!

EDIT: And yea just to add something! there is no need to put the memory of streaming and vehicle streaming to high values like 512 / 512 Mb, you will just lower your game s performance i have tested out The game with gta3 img size 1.6gb with streaming memory put to 250 mb i didnt touch the vehicle streaming at all and the game runs perfect!

I am also getting the same error along with this one.

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded:gta_sa.set

Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Registers:

EAX: 0x0BDB61A8 EBX: 0x008A7740

ECX: 0x00000030 EDX: 0x3DB50BA4

ESI: 0x3F045A1D EDI: 0x00B3DE5C

Hey there, I've been reading this topic for a while and decided to discuss it as well. It seems that many types of crashes apply: most related to audio/streams. In that folder there are many files (MH; CR; AMBIENCE; etc) and it seems to depend on what you are doing at the moment during the game, making it crash. Some relate to the radio stations (I noticed that AA refers to the User Track Player and MH to Radio Los Santos, if I'm not wrong) and also to AMBIENCE sounds which to me mostly happens when I start blowing up cars, killing pedestrians, etc. It seems the limit adjuster is somewhat related to the audio files and makes the game crash.

Also besides audio crashes there seems to be main.scm and gta_sa.set crashes as well. These crashes were all the ones that I've experienced so far, and I've only changed the memory values. Also, recently I just tried out with Streaming Memory set to 500, didn't touch Streaming Vehicles, the game ran perfectly and during the 15-20 minutes of play the game didn't crash. Yet, I went to GTA SA directory while I was still in play and there was an errordump file, it was another gta_sa.set crash, yet the game kept on running perfectly. I don't know if it was just pure luck the game didn't crash (since before that it crashed before 5-10 minutes of play) or if it really does not necessarily crash confused.gif

Anyways, my gta_sa.set crash:

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded: gta_sa.set

Last Library Loaded: user32.dll

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x02604598

Registers:

EAX: 0x0565EEA2 EBX: 0x00000000

ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x0000000A

ESI: 0x0253B428 EDI: 0x054DB638

EBP: 0x7E3A0762 ESP: 0x0022FDCC

Oh, and by the way, thanks to Sacky for making this tool, I was starting to feel down because I couldn't play my modded San Andreas because buildings, trees and roads kept on dissapearing, but now there's a big hope, so good job on that and keep on going to debug the present errors smile.gif

Got this when i load a save game! confused.gif I cant use my San Andreas till you fix this, take you time! But I am still glad That you have managed to crack out that streaming memory limit!

good 4 me too!! 256 for streaming mem and 40 for vehicles. smooth and funny. thanks guys!

Got this when i load a save game! confused.gif  I cant use my San Andreas till you fix this, take you time!  But I am still glad That you have managed to crack out that streaming memory limit!

good 4 me too!! 256 for streaming mem and 40 for vehicles. smooth and funny. thanks guys!

tested a couple of hours. reducing streaming mem values i get less errors. some here and there, in d3d9, gta_set, streaming audio.. not too often though wink.gif .. now i'm playing with stream mem to 120, and all seems good. let's see.. keep it up sacky, we love u!

The Same Here :

GTA Info:

Last File Loaded: main.scm

Last Library Loaded:

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x0156DA35

Registers:

EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00005401

ECX: 0x00000054 EDX: 0x024E1C68

ESI: 0x00000000 EDI: 0x0022FB79

EBP: 0x00000005 ESP: 0x0022FB48

yea my game runs fine with streaming memory set to 150 with no Crashes i repeat no crashes exept for that one when load a save game I also noticed that if I change vehicle streaming then i experience some random crashes and if i put the streaming memory to high like 500 mb I dont lower my fps but i experience some big lags while driving! so my game runs fine without crashes when I only put the streaming memory to 150 nothing else!!!

Hi. Can i use this with Patch v1.01 EU and also with the NO-DVD .exe because i simply can't put the disc in the drive all the time. If not then having the disc in the drive will not be an major issue but if it'll work then it's much better. Second, is there any proper guide how to use this tool. It's a dream playing all of realistic high quality cars in the game without having any problem of loading textures like building's roads etc.

There is no any proper guide ( or at least think so) you just get those files in your SA directory And do whatever you want to do like you are unlimited!

if you want to get the game to rune fine with high poly cars open Salimits with notepad and find the lines

; Streaming Memory (in MB's)#Streaming Memory=50#Streaming Vehicles=22

Change them to!

; Streaming Memory (in MB's)Streaming Memory=190#Streaming Vehicles=22

Well that is how mine looks but you can change those numbers if you want oh yea I am using only the streaming memory so i removed the " # "

yea my game runs fine with streaming memory set to 150 with no Crashes i repeat no crashes exept for that one when load a save game I also noticed that if I change vehicle streaming then i experience some random crashes and if i put the streaming memory to high like 500 mb I dont lower my fps but i experience some big lags while driving! so my game runs fine without crashes when I only put the streaming memory to 150 nothing else!!!

Mine also has less crashes with lower numbers

Hi,

today i've made a lot of tests about the simultaneous utilisation of the limit adjuster with streaming memory and the ASIloader with all the limit adjuster plug-in.

I say first that i have SA us 1.0 HOODLUM checked by Sacky version checker and a gta3.img file size same as 1,6 GB

I've noted that:

- If I have installed the Limit Adjuster alpha 7 (with all parameters = #), ASILoader and all the Alexander's Limit Adjuster plugins (up&down light, more vehicle, handling adder, audio adder), they run correctly and there aren't any problems (obviously the streaming memory hack doesn't run because it's deactivated)

- Now, if I delete the "#" and change the streaming memory value (i.e. to 150 MB ) the plugins run correctly but the streaming memory hack doesn't run (the texture disappear, ecc..)

- But I've made another test: i've deleted all file of the Alexander's plugins and ASI Loader and then i've put the original vorbisfile.dll file: obviously, the plugins don't run but the streaming memory hack WORK PERFECTLY.

At the end, i think that when i subscrive the original GTASA main folder filevorbisfile.dll with the same ASI Loader file, the streaming memory doesn't run (the texture disappear, ecc..); it seems that the stream. memory hack is bypassed, ignored, subcriving this abovementioned file.

Therefore my question is: is it possible to use in the same moment the streaming memory hack and all the alexander's plugins that needs the ASILoader? It's needed to modify the vorbisfile.dll?

Let me know what do you think.

Thanks a lot for your patience wink.gif

Hi,

today i've made a lot of tests about the simultaneous utilisation of the limit adjuster with streaming memory and the ASIloader with all the limit adjuster plug-in.

I say first that i have SA us 1.0 HOODLUM checked by Sacky version checker and a gta3.img file size same as 1,6 GB

I've noted that:

- If I have installed the Limit Adjuster alpha 7 (with all parameters = #), ASILoader and all the Alexander's Limit Adjuster  plugins (up&down light, more vehicle, handling adder, audio adder), they run correctly and there aren't any problems (obviously the streaming memory hack doesn't run because it's deactivated)

- Now, if I delete the "#" and change the streaming memory value (i.e. to 150 MB ) the plugins run correctly but the streaming memory hack doesn't run (the texture disappear, ecc..)

- But I've made another test: i've deleted all file of the Alexander's plugins and ASI Loader and then i've put the original vorbisfile.dll file: obviously, the plugins don't run but the streaming memory hack WORK PERFECTLY.

At the end, i think that when i subscrive the original GTASA main folder filevorbisfile.dll with the same ASI Loader file, the streaming memory doesn't run (the texture disappear, ecc..); it seems that the stream. memory hack is bypassed, ignored, subcriving this abovementioned file.

Therefore my question is: is it possible to use in the same moment the streaming memory hack and all the alexander's plugins that needs the ASILoader? It's needed to modify the vorbisfile.dll?

Let me know what do you think.

Thanks a lot for your patience wink.gif

I'm using just Up&Down lights plugin installed via ASI Loader (vorbisfile.dll, etc) together with the Limit Adjuster and the Streaming Memory hack works, I don't know about with all of Alexander's plugins though confused.gif

By the way, another crash, different from all the ones that I've had so far, yet again the usual AUDIO\STREAMS:

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:GTA Info:Version: US 1.0Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\BEATSLast Library Loaded: user32.dllError: UnknownAssembly Info:Exception At Address: 0x007F58B1Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)Registers:EAX: 0x0EF9DCCA	EBX: 0x00000000ECX: 0x00000010	EDX: 0x09D1C440ESI: 0x0987B0E4	EDI: 0x0987B0D0EBP: 0x0251A6A4	ESP: 0x0022FD30

This stability problem is ridiculous, I'll release Alpha 7 and 1/2 to try and take out most of the rogue patches I have in there.

when will version Alpha 7 and 1/2 release?

This stability problem is ridiculous, I'll release Alpha 7 and 1/2 to try and take out most of the rogue patches I have in there.

when will version Alpha 7 and 1/2 release?

When it`s be DONE biggrin.gif