Next GTA: GTA: Los Santos

gamefarter

Reincarnated Kenji

It's likely that Rockstar could make another GTA game in a L.A setting. But I predict it won't be Los Santos, just an entirely new L.A look alike city. This is just my prediction it's best to wait after GTA IV is relased so we can see where Rockstar is going to take the GTA series next.

I, as many of you, checked out the Midnightclub LA recently. The graphics are awesome! It got me to thinking taht R* now has already mapped out almost all of Los Angeles and have it converted to code, using the RAGE engine. Why would they spend so much time and effort to map out and create a vitual LA cityscape, and only use it for this one game? It seems to me, that if I worked for Take-two, I would be looking to do more with what I already have, and not spend so much time building from scratch. This means taking the Midnightclub LA map, chopping it up a bit to make it a little less realistic in size and layout, and use it to make the next GTA tittle. They have done this same type of thing twice already in making the two GTA "stories" tittles. So, I would not put it past them at all, I actually think that's probably the plan. They could really catch the vibe of the city this time, like they are trying to do with Liberty City.

Mark my words, and remember you read this when they announce the new location of the next GTA

What do you all think?

The Mid. Club: LA trailer is on R*'s website. Check it out if you have't seen it yet

LOL you think you are educated ?

Tsuroslammed.™

I agree there should be a next-gen GTA in Los Santos. It's not possible to do a realistic-size (hundreds-of-square-miles) city with GTA4's detail let alone a state. Each of the cities in San Andreas could be bettered as a GTA4-size map of each city in separate games.

Obviously over the years Rockstar has built a huge database of location research and digital assets and it would be silly if all their studios didn't share it as needed. But, Rockstar North would not base a new GTA game of a non-GTA game's map, nor could they necessarily reuse scenic models since a racing game shouldn't have the up-close detail of a GTA game where you can walk around and use zoom lenses.

honestly if you want to play a GTA game based off of LA just play SA, as much as it was small and in some ways boring, if they created LA, like NY in GTAIV, it wouldnt be any bigger than it was in SA, and it wouldnt be fun, in my opinion we've already seen LA. i dont want to see it again, there are better places in the world and in this nation that people would like to see in GTA other than LA, in some topics most people want a Chicago, like the NY in IV, i think about that, and it actually isnt that bad of an idea, but do you think r* cares what people think on these forums, no, so i could be wrong and i could be right, i would agree with what i say though.

Has ANYONE noticed how f*cking old this is?

The original poster is dead now. He can't hear you. Stop talking to yourself in a dark room. tounge.gif

And about his funny little subtitle "An educated opinion" - A stupid person can't tell the difference between what is really considered educated, so yeah. No use in putting that in a thread.

Actually, that would be awesome. But I would hope they remake the entire thing like they're doing with Liberty City.

R* probably wont use any old maps for the new GTA games that come out in the future, however I wouldnt mind seeing San Andreas or any of the 3 cities within it as a sort of game as LCS and VCS were made for the PSP and possible ported in the future to the PS@ and the xbox for the GTA fans that have not yet moved on to next gen. They were not great games but they were still good enough to keep me playing em for a couple weeks.

I think they should bring the next GTA to England, London to be precise, they havn't done this since the 2D version, and it would be great!

THUNDER-TRUMP

No they wont isolate one city from the state of SA

But they will reuse a character

Let me tell you my thoughts.....

I think the next GTA will be based in Brazil

A Rio de Ja thingy lookalike

and the story will be Ceaser Vialpando and Kendl Johnson on honeymoon

and Kendle gets killed at the start off the game by some gang

And Ceaser works his way up the ladders to find those respnsible

Would be a good GTA......

If R* reused the MC LA map for a new GTA I would feel seriously cheated. I mean I will more then likely buy MC LA, and if the map gets reused I will feel like R* is sort of saying. "Well let's just take MC, and slap GTA on it. The kids will buy anything these days." and also by the time a new GTA comes out the technology will be a little more advanced and it will look WAY better then MC LA. It's easy to make a city look good, when you never leave the car and all you'r doing is driving through, or passing things.

If R* reused the MC LA map for a new GTA I would feel seriously cheated. I mean I will more then likely buy MC LA, and if the map gets reused I will feel like R* is sort of saying. "Well let's just take MC, and slap GTA on it. The kids will buy anything these days." and also by the time a new GTA comes out the technology will be a little more advanced and it will look WAY better then MC LA. It's easy to make a city look good, when you never leave the car and all you'r doing is driving through, or passing things.

I know what you're saying, i doubt they would use the MC L.A map anyway. I honestly dont know where Gta is going next?

freshlaundryX

I, as many of you, checked out the Midnightclub LA recently.

Well I hadn't!

http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubLA/

I just checked it out and that is a-freakin-mazing! Is that what GTA IV is going to look like? Oh my god I'm going to faint. I noticed a working dashboard, road signs, smoke from tire burnouts, realistic handling physics, first person view that looks incredible.

And I don't really like racing games either, but that one looked great.

Oh my god, boys. We are in for a treat.

This company knows how to make a game.

rahkstar2.gif

I think they should bring the next GTA to England, London to be precise, they havn't done this since the 2D version, and it would be great!

icon14.gif I hope they do another London based GTA, and really show Getaway how it's done...

hW0sZKX.png

I, as many of you, checked out the Midnightclub LA recently.

Well I hadn't!

http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubLA/

I just checked it out and that is a-freakin-mazing! Is that what GTA IV is going to look like? Oh my god I'm going to faint. I noticed a working dashboard, road signs, smoke from tire burnouts, realistic handling physics, first person view that looks incredible.

And I don't really like racing games either, but that one looked great.

Oh my god, boys. We are in for a treat.

This company knows how to make a game.

rahkstar2.gif

Yeah Midnight club L.A looks amazing. One of the games I'm most looking forward to in 2008.

user posted image

Edited by Darrel

sorry but you are a f*ckING BELLEND MATE.. THIS MUZT BE THE STUPIST THING I HAVE EVER READ HAHAHHAHA WHAT A GOD DAMM JOKE... I HOPE YOU f*ckING RUN IN TO AN AIDS TREE

sorry but you are a f*ckING BELLEND MATE.. THIS MUZT BE THE STUPIST THING I HAVE EVER READ HAHAHHAHA WHAT A GOD DAMM JOKE... I HOPE YOU f*ckING RUN IN TO AN AIDS TREE

Me?

I dont want GTA:Los Santos. I want another San Andreas. And dont tell me 360 and PS3 cant handle it cause they can, and with no loading times too with better graphics then GTA4 smile.gif

freshlaundryX

I'm noticing things now in Midnight Club (never played it, didn't even know it existed)

that will probably be used in GTA IV:

* weather effects, pavement traction changes

* day/night cycle

* NO LOADING TIMES (as stated in the Q&A)

* Minimal HUD, total immersion (flick headlights at someone to start a race rather than bring up a menu)

* Variable traffic, heavier in the day, lighter at night -- never traffic jams which would reduce fun

* Internal view w/ speedometer and working dash

* Incredibly detailed graphics, cars, paintwork (glitter paint looks incredible), chrome reflections

* "Party Up" feature -- use the 'pony farm' to go around the city with your buddies, and the leader can start a mission for everyone. i imagine this is how GTA IV is going to be.

I think the RAGE engine is peaking.

A couple things some people seem to be stuck on is that for one, the new Los Santos will NOT be like the one we saw in SA, but a newly made one like we are seeing with the new LC in GTA4.

Secondly, the MAIN REASON I think this to be plausable is that it could cut developement time in half for the next GTA to come out. That would make it worth it to me for them to release a GTA in TWO years instead of FOUR, even if it was in a remade LA. Some of you act like you wouldn't even buy it if they did this...Yes you would.

So, with that said, would you rather wait4 yearto play GTA Chicago, or play GTA Los Santos in two years, while the team who does the leg-work for the games location, taking photos and mapping traffic and such, can begin their work in a new city like Cicago right away, and then we could see GTA: Chicago in four years from now. It is all about timing, and being able to put out two games in almost the same time as it might take to make just one. Does that make sense to you? because it does to me, and I'm sure it would to Take-Two, as they are all about $$$$.

xxtremeguyxx2001

icon14.gif I hope they do another London based GTA, and really show Getaway how it's done...

Yeh I'd defenitely love to see London as the next GTA. Tokyo would be nice too.

I'm noticing things now in Midnight Club (never played it, didn't even know it existed)

* day/night cycle

* Minimal HUD, total immersion (flick headlights at someone to start a race rather than bring up a menu)

* Variable traffic, heavier in the day, lighter at night -- never traffic jams which would reduce fun

* Incredibly detailed graphics, cars, paintwork (glitter paint looks incredible), chrome reflections

* "Party Up" feature -- use the 'pony farm' to go around the city with your buddies, and the leader can start a mission for everyone. i imagine this is how GTA IV is going to be.

Very good. I think your right about most of it except the race-related stuff, but I see that the multiplayer will probably have similar aspects to them, just not so much the same exact thing, other than that, I think you're spot-on with that list. I would add to that list that they may also have the same type of map system, which sounds like it will be great, and would work well with GTA because we would be looking at an arial photograph of the city, which will make it seem that much more realistic, and immersive.

RAGE is good. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

* day/night cycle

Very good. I think your right about most of it except the race-related stuff, but I see that the multiplayer will probably have similar aspects to them, just not so much the same exact thing, other than that, I think you're spot-on with that list. I would add to that list that they may also have the same type of map system, which sounds like it will be great, and would work well with GTA because we would be looking at an arial photograph of the city, which will make it seem that much more realistic, and immersive.

RAGE is good. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

RAGE is very good!

I wouldnt mind seein Los Santos on the next gen engines, the vibe would be incredible.

It is more than plausible to make a return to Los Angeles, or Los Santos. However, MC's LA is Los Angeles, not Los Santos. LA aside, it is a city designed for racing, for driving only.

What I have siad has previously mentioned, but I wanted to make my thoughts, similar to others', known.

BurningRevenge
It is more than plausible to make a return to Los Angeles, or Los Santos. However, MC's LA is Los Angeles, not Los Santos. LA aside, it is a city designed for racing, for driving only.

Exactly if MC's LA could be used for Los Santos, why didn't MC just use the San Andreas map for it or something?

I would be annoyed if they use another map again. I want something completely new. Not an 'updated map'.