f*cking Internet connection...

Edmachine

I occasionally get false errors that my Internet cable is unplugged. But it is plugged in 24/7. Today especially, every 5 minutes I get the error. It is imposible to surf the net, listen to music (my music is in a Shared Storage Drive) or do anything net-ish...

I have had enough of it, I am pissed of, and I need your help tounge.gif. Please, will you help me? tounge.gif

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

I know it sounds like a stupid idea, but check the physical connections at your computer and modem/router. I had this problem a while back and it was just loose connections.

user posted image

But how are you recieving these errors, via a disconnet/connect sound, a notification bubble in your taskbar or is your connection tray icon dissapearing/reappearing. Without knowing which, it'll be hard to pin point, also how is your connection routed, via an RJ45 (telephone type socket/plug) or a USB Modem. Although I'll throw a couple of wild stabs in the haystack.

If it's a sound notification, this indicates a USB modem, if so I do have a solution to that, but let me know if it is, but regardless still check physical connection and drivers.

If it's a notification bubble then check physical connections and then check to see if the drivers for your modem are up to date

If it's your tray icon flahsing in and out then again check physical connections, possibly not a driver issue due to a lack of bubbles.

wZVJHXg.png

ISP and hardware? One of the main reasons I left roadrunner is because over three years the service got more and more crowded and the frequent disconnections occurred more and more. At some points we went days without service. continued to happen. Fresh installs, news sets of hardware (2 sets) and all the software trials. Also calls to roadrunner with inspections and everything. Nothing fixed it so we went to the cheaper and 6.66x faster service that was available in my area. FIOS. lol.gif

No problems today... maybe it is some software I installed... anyways, thank you and I will tell if something happens smile.gif.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.