4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums.com SA-MP Server

Parky.

I have no idea why, but there was all sorts of whackness going on before. I was flying a Rustler that looked to others like a flying Packer, and toc was in a Rustler that looked to me like a Beagle. mercie_blink.gif

I have no idea why, but there was all sorts of whackness going on before. I was flying a Rustler that looked to others like a flying Packer, and toc was in a Rustler that looked to me like a Beagle. mercie_blink.gif

You want me to die in a fire. sad.gif Knew there was something between us.

Won't happen again.

I think the weirdness is lag, Sweets. Say, I'm driving an Infernus and then I switch to a Hydra, the other dude will see a flying Infernus. etc.

Can someone please make a topic with all the admin and common commands please? It's not easy discovering them by luck. Otherwise, just pm with them and I'll make one. smile.gif

You want me to die in a fire. sad.gif Knew there was something between us.

Won't happen again.

I think the weirdness is lag, Sweets. Say, I'm driving an Infernus and then I switch to a Hydra, the other dude will see a flying Infernus. etc.

Can someone please make a topic with all the admin and common commands please? It's not easy discovering them by luck. Otherwise, just pm with them and I'll make one. smile.gif

I may as well, know the script like the back of my hand and I've been an admin going on a year now.

I'll PM it to Parky so he can add it to the first post

I don't really know who the admins are at the minute, so can't update the first post really nervous.gif

Knife, when does the server run out? Want me to pay for next month?

I don't really know who the admins are at the minute, so can't update the first post really nervous.gif

Knife, when does the server run out? Want me to pay for next month?

Well from the list in the first post the people I've seen on as admins are you, Knife, Ottae, Truthy and I think GT-1 got the pass the other day, not sure about him. I'm one too. As for the others, haven't seen them on in a while.

Can someone tell me please how to delete spawns?

Thanks for the info Hollaz.

Regarding one of the rules, do we kick people who don't speak English? Just wondering, the server is still getting known, maybe we should wait a bit before applying this rule. smile.gif

Thanks for the info Hollaz.

Regarding one of the rules, do we kick people who don't speak English? Just wondering, the server is still getting known, maybe we should wait a bit before applying this rule. smile.gif

What? Since when have we been a racist server. Just because there not english doesn't mean it's a reason to kick them. Just leave them be, if they are cheating and sh*t then by all means do it but if there just playing leave them to do what they want.

To lose the spawns you gotta reset the mode, /rcon gmx changes to the next gamemode which could crash server. Just do /rcon changemode stunt and it'll reload.

Well it would be fair to say the server is for an English speaking site and so people should speak English in the chat. Just like people posting on GTAF in another language are asked to speak English or leave.

But there's no point in kicking people for it. I don't think they are doing any harm. If they can't read or understand the rules then that's not our fault.

What? Since when have we been a racist server. Just because there not english doesn't mean it's a reason to kick them. Just leave them be, if they are cheating and sh*t then by all means do it but if there just playing leave them to do what they want.

I was just asking about the rule. I'm not racist.

•# Speak English in the server, admins have the right to remove you if you don't

What is the use of the rule if we aren't supposed to apply it. Correct? smile.gif

All commands can be found in-game by typing /cmds1-3

Description/mountTeleports player to Mount Chilliad/lsTeleports player to Los Santos/sfTeleports player to San Fierro/lvTeleports player to Las Venturas/lcTeleports player to Liberty City/stripTeleports player to Verdant Meadow Airstrip/cliffTeleports player to the cliff in the desert/damTeleports player to Sherman Dam/lsairTeleports to LS Airport/sfairTeleports player to SF Airport/lvairTeleports player to LV Airport/wheelsTeleports player to ModShop/dmzone1Teleports player to Studio Arena/dmzone2Teleports player to Mixed Weapon Arena/dmzone3Teleports player to Minigun Arena/dmzone4Teleports player to Deagle Arena/warTeleports player to War DMZone/homeTeleports player back to home on foot/homerTeleports player back to home with vehicle/paraGives player a parachute/dropDrops player from sky/drop2Drops player from sky/drop3Drops player from sky/drop4Drops player from sky/drop5Drops player from sky/drop6Drops player from sky/jump1-15Teleports player to a basejump location/buyBuys vehicle player is in. Cost $5000/callCalls purchased car/count SECONDSStarts countdown/skin IDChanges player skin to matching skin IDDescription/rcon login PASSWORDLogs into admin/rcon sayAdmin message appears on screen/rcon kick IDKicks player of matching ID/rcon ban IDBans player of matching ID/rcon changemode MODEChangs server mode/rcon gmxChanges gamemode to next in rotation/bring IDBrings player of matching ID to you/telep IDTeleports to player of matching ID/rcon time TIMEChanges game time (24 hour clock)/v IDSpawns vehicle of matching ID. Edited by TenaciousD.

hmm.. the /jump commands goes up to 15.

and:

/dmzone1 - Studio Arena

/dmzone2 - Mixed Weapons Arena

/dmzone3 - Minigun Area

/dmzone4 - Deagle Area

and /skin #skinid is in it i think. (havent tested on other servers...)

Banning by language (while completely unnecessary in this case) is in no way racist. If a bunch of white american republicans of the same ancestry were speaking another language and you banned them for it, it would have nothing to do with their race.

That said, (IMO) that rule probably isn't needed on a stunt server. I guess maybe (and this is a stretch) maybe on a team deathmatch server you could argue that some basic level of communication is required to not screw everyone's playing experience up, but even then I personally wouldn't mind. I mean it sucks when you're playing (partyserver for example) and most of your team is speaking a language you don't, but still, I'd imagine it's as annoying to someone else that I don't speak their language as it is to me that they don't speak mine. At the same time, I'm not paying for the server, whoever is gets to make the rules.

Well it would be fair to say the server is for an English speaking site and so people should speak English in the chat. Just like people posting on GTAF in another language are asked to speak English or leave.

But there's no point in kicking people for it. I don't think they are doing any harm. If they can't read or understand the rules then that's not our fault.

^This seems the best way to look at it. If they don't understand what's going on it mostly only effects them. If at some point they do something that bothers people, and they don't understand an admin warning them to stop, then sure, ban them. I mean there were two people speaking something that I assume was German, they were also a pair of griefing sh*tbats, the problem wasn't that they weren't speaking English, it was that they sucked and their mothers were dirty whores. Before that there were a few people on speaking a Spanish (like) language and a racist dick chucking slurs at them, they weren't bothering me at all, but if I had been an admin I'd have banned him on the spot.

Also, thank you so so much for posting those commands. I had no idea about /homer, and I never use home because of the whole losing your car/ammo thing. What's the difference between the /drops, different height, location, or nothing? And the gang colors commands kick ass, is it possible to make it do two colors on cars whose paint jobs support it? It would be unbelievably cool if when using /pi-me on a two tone vehicle it changed one color to the brightest red, and the other to orange. If that's not possible then ignore me, it's still a kickass idea for a command. user posted image

The drop commands are different heights. I didn't want the table getting too wide so I left it for people to find out themselves.

But to sum up, /drop (the highest, about a 1min drop real time) is the highest and /drop6 is the lowest (just enough time to open parachute and land)

The drop commands are different heights. I didn't want the table getting too wide so I left it for people to find out themselves.

But to sum up, /drop (the highest, about a 1min drop real time) is the highest and /drop6 is the lowest (just enough time to open parachute and land)

That's Drop 5, Drop 4 drops you just enough to not have to open your 'chute.

tho not frequent (although it happens) methinks it needs a spam flood gate or something~ probably 1-2 seconds per "chat"

1 second is long enough, considering whatever typed in chat is ACTUALLY typed out instead of pressing up>enter>t>up>enter>t>up>and so on... (macro spam)

It'd be nice if you could turn off the name over their head, as well as their health/shield levels, and their radar blip. And I guess all of that would be pointless if your car's blip still was still showing.

Some people were looking for a "hide and seek" type mode, with that^ they could do what they wanted, but people could also use it in some kind of stealth DM thing. Knowing where your opponents are at all times actually makes it a bit too easy IMO.

If none of that is possible then just ignore me.

Me and TOC were the ones who wanted the Hide + Seek mode. About ten of us were playing in the City Planning Dep., and got the idea. Just have to disable player names, health bars/armor bars, and radar blips. Could make it a stealth TDM instead, but then again, where would we have it?

Jefferson Motel interior might work.

It'd be nice if you could turn off the name over their head, as well as their health/shield levels, and their radar blip. And I guess all of that would be pointless if your car's blip still was still showing.

Some people were looking for a "hide and seek" type mode, with that^ they could do what they wanted, but people could also use it in some kind of stealth DM thing. Knowing where your opponents are at all times actually makes it a bit too easy IMO.

If none of that is possible then just ignore me.

I cant remember, but didn't manhunt mode do the "invisible" thing with the "hunted"?

but yeah~ hide n' seek with sniper rifles ftw icon14.gif

(mix it up a bit and whoever fires becomes "visible" for 1-2 seconds [kinda like mgs])

wish I knew how to make game modes tho tounge2.gif what with the possibilities modders make with the game itself, it'd be interesting to have 'em panned out in sa:mp smile.gif

Me and TOC were the ones who wanted the Hide + Seek mode. About ten of us were playing in the City Planning Dep., and got the idea. Just have to disable player names, health bars/armor bars, and radar blips. Could make it a stealth TDM instead, but then again, where would we have it?

Jefferson Motel interior might work.

Shouldn't be too hard to set up either. Change a DM mode spawn to in the interior and set the boundaries around the interior. Disable nametags and get it so no-one appears on radar.

Also, I think it would be fine to auto-kick people who's pings are outrageously high. I mean it's crap playing with TNT when his reaches 1100+, but he isn't one of the ones I'm talking about right now.

user posted image

Pings of 1100+ are annoying and make DMing with someone basically impossible, but there's really no excuse for 65535. That's just completely ridiculous.

I'd be curious to know what the max value is for pings (or the max returnable value in SAMP to be more specific), assuming there is one. If there is one, and that's it, it would explain why they're the same. Otherwise I have no idea.

Coincidentally, I think that happens to be the max length of an IP packet. (65,535 bytes)