Is this a joke?

Smiley001

My business premise's get attacked in about every 1,5 minutes after the last attack... I mean I can't even make it to the Ammu-Nation to buy armor and new weapons after an attack before I get attacked again. How do you guys keep up with it?

I didn't, I traded it in and bought LCS instead. I hated VCS with a passion. Save the game, restart the console and reload. With a bit of luck it should stop being as frequent.

I didn't, I traded it in and bought LCS instead. I hated VCS with a passion. Save the game, restart the console and reload. With a bit of luck it should stop being as frequent.

I was thinking of doing the same thing but I'm not going to give up that easily. Instead of actualy defending my premise's from these constant attacks, I'll just have to start taking over other business's one by one. Hopefully then they won't attack so much anymore... I guess it just offers you a real challenge.

cold fusion 33

If you want want these attacking to stop temporarily, just hop in one of the special vehicles (taxi, police, ambulance etc...) and start a special mission and voila attacking has stopped!

If you want want these attacking to stop temporarily, just hop in one of the special vehicles (taxi, police, ambulance etc...) and start a special mission and voila attacking has stopped!

Thx for the tip smile.gif

But I have it under control now anyway. I've almost taken over every business premise on the left island of Vice City.

cold fusion 33

Be warned that if you take over all the businesses and then you finish the game it makes it pretty boring having no-one to fight with anymore.

Be warned that if you take over all the businesses and then you finish the game it makes it pretty boring having no-one to fight with anymore.

Which is how it gets sooner or later in every GTA game.

You mean if I take over every single business premise in town, there won't be any gangs left?

Roy the Pirate

The gangs will still be there but only on there turf, Sharks have Prawn island and the shopping centre, Bikers have the greasy chopper and most of downtown and the Los cabreones and Cholos have little haiti and little havana. They normally just mind their own buisness after you control all the buisness's

The gangs will still be there but only on there turf, Sharks have Prawn island and the shopping centre, Bikers have the greasy chopper and most of downtown and the Los cabreones and Cholos have little haiti and little havana. They normally just mind their own buisness after you control all the buisness's

I don't get it, I have taken over all 30 business's in Vice City and they still keep attacking as frequently as they did before :S

I think its insane... Protecting business assets aint the only problem, I can't even pony farm around the city without The Sharks coming to do drive-by's on me and their wielding SMG-s and AK-s...

Here's a funny story. I was simply pony farming around the city until The Sharks killed me at the blink of an eye and then I started again at the hospital, bought my weapons back and there they were again. They killed me the second time only after 7 seconds after I respawned at the hospital...

cold fusion 33

i think that if you complete the robbery strand all empire cars are bulletproof, complete 12 vigilantes and 50%+ armour, fire heli level 12 50%+ health.

if you do that it may help.

When you take over all the Empires, reset your PSP or PS2 and get back into the game. Then you won't see the attacks anymore.

I have 1 last question. If I take over a business premise and won't buy it. Can the other gangs buy it?

I have 1 last question. If I take over a business premise and won't buy it. Can the other gangs buy it?

Yes they probably will.

Beware that starting any missions or saving while an attack is under way will count as a forfeit (the target site will receive damage).

Buying a site counts as a seperate mission, - so hitting R3 on the board while being attacked will also count as a forfeit!

Since there is a small delay from when the attack starts and you get the message, it is almost impossible to defend all attacks.

But it isn't so bad, - it takes several attacks before you lose your site (3?) and you can avoid that by repairing the sites attacked.

On PS2 the attacks / death squads seems to stop if you save and reload your save, completing storyline missions appears to do the same. The attacks will recommence once you reinitiate hostilities though.

Yes they probably will.

The attacks will recommence once you reinitiate hostilities though.

I see, but what do you mean by " if I reinitiate hostilities " they will attack me again. ?

By reinitiating hostilities I mean attacking their sites. Once you do they'll attack yours in return The mission "Hostile Takeover" doesn't count as an attack in this regard

Edited by GTA Phreak

Oh now I see. Thx guys, that was vital info you gave me. I thought I was gonna go crazy with all those constant attacks but now I know what to do. Thx again smile.gif

I went to take over all empire businesses and the same thing happened to me. It got to the point where if I walked down the street I would be killed by rival gang members, like you said was happing to you. The more you attack gangs the more it happens. I stopped it by doing missions. Eventually after I kept doing mission they stopped attacking me and my businesses all together. I think it only works on some missions though.

I went to take over all empire businesses and the same thing happened to me. It got to the point where if I walked down the street I would be killed by rival gang members, like you said was happing to you. The more you attack gangs the more it happens. I stopped it by doing missions. Eventually after I kept doing mission they stopped attacking me and my businesses all together. I think it only works on some missions though.

As I understood, just do a mission and they won't attack you until you attack them. Its better just to keep the hatred in balance until the end of the storyline and then you can have fun with the gangs biggrin.gif

The only way to move very safely around the city when gangs are after you, is driving a bullet-proof car.

It was weird thou that some of the gangs managed to kill me inside a bulletproof car with weapons. I had only an inch of life left and they somehow shot me right out of the car.

When the sharks are with AK-47, it's really ahrd to beat them with M4. I use M429 for that. I have taken all businesess and that means i have bulletproof vehicles over my business sites and businesess are not coming under attack again! moto_whistle.gif

I dont know how, but they completely stopped attacking my businesses

Read the topic and replys and then you will know how.

Basicaly they attack you only when you attack them. A retribution kind of thing...

• 2 weeks later...
I_Am_The_Message

This is something that came up on my PS2 version, and my friend mentioned that it has happened on his PSP version.

Sometimes when one of my empire buildings is under attack, I arrived at the scene and... nobody was moving. My soldiers were there on one side, and the opposing gang was on the other.

Sharks / Cholos / Bikers would arrive and get out / off their vehicle, and run around like pansies, not attacking even if I stand there punching them in the face.

Interesting.

It always makes life easier.

And I second that motion about the Save / Load thing, the attacks do stop.