Packer on top of chiliad...

kizano81

hey I had a quick question for you guys. Lately I've been tryin to put an NRG-500 on the back of a Packer and taking it up to the top of Mt. Chiliad, then obviously using the Packer as a ramp and jumping off. Its been pretty tough tho because the damn bike keeps wanting to fall off the truck. I'm positive I could do it because I've gotten a little more than 3/4 of the way up before, but the damn bike slid off the truck and off the side of the mountain. Now the farthest I've cleared off the mountain with the NRG while hitting the little ramp/monument thing next to the flag was like 950-980 feet (cant remember exactly). So I was wondering...

1) Has anyone else tried this? I know Ive seen youtube videos of the multi-player where there were a bunch of packers on mt. chiliad but no one in the video used them to jump off the mountain with.

2) Is it worth it? Can you actually clear a longer distance with the Packer as your ramp vs. the monument?

BTW I'm trying this on the PS2. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Well to answer your question, yes you can get signifigant more air off the packer.

A little tip to help you out, this involves a button cheat.

Drive a packer up to the top of chilliad and park it. It will remain there as long as you dont enter two more cars. The game can only remember the two previous cars you were in. Once you enter a third the game erases the first.

Now parachute off the mountain towards any road.

Put in this cheat Ninja Theme X, X, Down, R2, L2, Circle, R1, Circle, Square, almost all cars will be motorcycles. RIde one of bikes up and jump the packer.

PS, for maximum air park the packer on the monument.

Leone Family Mafia

ПРОПАГАНДА.ИНЦ, СИЛВЕРМАНБЛУЕ

Try spawning a vortex and jumping the packer, hell of alot of fun!

Vortex Boat Triangle, Triangle, Square, Circle, X, L1, L2, Down, Down

Leone Family Mafia

ПРОПАГАНДА.ИНЦ, СИЛВЕРМАНБЛУЕ

Couldn't you leap-frog the two vehicles up to the top? Drive one, get out, walk back to other, drive past the first one, repeat.

Are you trying to do this without using a cheat disc device?If not..just "drop" each vehicle onto the top of Chiliad and jump away.

well I just did it. Ya Bix dugan I tried leap-frogging on some of the sharper turns going up chiliad. when I got up there I put the Packer by the monument, backed up, and THEN........

halfway up the ramp I clipped the damn vertical bar that raises and lowers the ramp suicidal.gif

Its all good tho. I actually cleared over 660 feet (and did a real nice 360 too colgate.gif ) I did it once I know I can get it up there again. This is what GTA is all about right? Again thanks for the advice everybody.

So out of curiosity, whats the farthest you guys have cleared and where? Mine was actually with a Bullet that had NOS. I cleared 1006 feet off of Chiliad.