punknoodle

Hello Everybody...

Hope I'm in the right forum. I've read somewhere

in GTAForums a list of alternate cutscenes and I

think I've got something for ya!

After you buy Verdant Meadows airstrip you

enter red marker (I think) where Toreno tells CJ

he has to learn how to fly. THEN you go inside

the office upstairs to trigger flight school...well...

DONT...just hang around...CJ will start getting

phone calls from Toreno...three at least...and the

third one is a "gem" I need to see if there are more...Hope this isnt old news to everybody.

btw...has the search function EVER worked?

Well those cellphone calls aren't really cutscenes but I always found them entertaining and it is something some people might miss if they do the Flight School immediately. There are exactly three of them.

The alternate cutscene topic you are referring to is probably http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=270326 ; alternate cutscenes are also mentioned in the Pinned Secrets and Easter Eggs topic.

As for the search function, it's not broken, it's disabled to convserve resources. When it has been enabled (last time was probably sometime in 2006) it works fine. To workaround, simply use google and add "+site:gtaforums.com" to your search terms. It doesn't always pick up everything the forum search would, but it's good enough for most jobs.

I was just wondering...

What if you start a new game, complete it to country side and practise flying with the cropduster until you get flying skill maxed and get the pilot license...

Will you then have to do the flying school ? sarcasm.gif

Hello Everybody...

Hope I'm in the right forum. I've read somewhere

in GTAForums a list of alternate cutscenes and I

think I've got something for ya!

After you buy Verdant Meadows airstrip you

enter red marker (I think) where Toreno tells CJ

he has to learn how to fly. THEN you go inside

the office upstairs to trigger flight school...well...

DONT...just hang around...CJ will start getting

phone calls from Toreno...three at least...and the

third one is a "gem" I need to see if there are more...Hope this isnt old news to everybody.

btw...has the search function EVER worked?

There aren't any more after the third one. I went hunting vehicles for the Import/Export mission instead of doing the flying school after buying Verdant Meadows. I got the 3 calls, including the last one threatening all sorts of horrors for Sweet. But then, even though I was doing other things for some time after that, I didn't get any more. It's hard to imagine what else he could threaten smile.gif

Steve

My favourite two alternate cutscenes are both early in the game. You'll need CJ to have 50% fat (I think in the code, the actually number is a bit lower, but get 50% just in case). Most of you know about the first one, but the second one is slightly more obscure.

1) With CJ at the appropriate fat level, do the mission Drive-Thru, and listen to Sweet's alternate text when he opens up the gym for you.

2) With CJ at the appropriate fat level, do the mission Running Dog, but purposely fail it by allowing the Vagos to escape. Then stand still for a minute or so, and you will get to listen to a hilarious phone conversation between Big Smoke and CJ! lol.gif Note that Smoke's call is a somewhat random event (if I understand the code correctly, it's as random as a girlfriend's call), so you may need to wait a while before you get it -- the first time I heard it, it was about a minute after I failed the mission, but the second time I heard it (to confirm the alternate dialogue), I had to wait over five minutes!

-- balatro

nuclearflamingo

i found that on one of the first missons where you get a haircut, if you get cornrows when you walk out Ryder will say, "sh*t, maby old Reese still got it" instead of heckling you for your new haircut

i found that on one of the first missons where you get a haircut, if you get cornrows when you walk out Ryder will say, "sh*t, maby old Reese still got it" instead of heckling you for your new haircut

I think this always happens for the more expensive cuts.

My favourite alternate cutscene is one during "Stowaway", where if you jump out of the plane as soon as you get on, it shows CJ hurtling to the ground and landing on a car sending it's doors flying outwards. lol.gif