The Orange Box

RoAcHcliP

I just pre-ordered this off steam. Got five bucks off, and the TF2 beta which has been promised today (its 12:30 at night here in London so i guess i wont have it until tomorrow) mad.gif

user posted image

I wasn't happy at first to see that the orange box was all inclusive, and there was no alternative to those already having the original games. However, 25 quid for portal, team fortress 2, and episode 2 isn't bad at all. Anyone else going to get this?

Lol there was a video to download on the marketplace of this game last October. From the video that i saw it looks funny as fook and as crazy as anything especially those engineer guys who can run about 100mph.

Isn't there another video to download on the marketplace now? if so i'll download it later.

s0h607k.jpg

I was thinking about pre-ordering it, how long do you think the Special Offer will last? Does it take the money from your account now or when its released? I may be able to buy it thursday if it needs the money strait away.

I'm not really that interested in TF2, all i want is Episode 2 and Portal, although i may have a go at it to see what its like, i never tried the original TF.

Edited by Skyline_Mad

It gave me the option to pay with card or paypal, I used paypal and paid the fifty dollars then. The games showed up on my games list, and you can download them ready for when they are released, or just let them chill on your games list until you want to put them on.

Preordered a couple days ago. Been sitting here since noon, they *still* haven't released TF2. The Steam forums are down as well. I dunno what the hold up is, but I'm getting irritated.

zUd3j4P.png

Wait so can you still buy Episode 2 on its own because that's all I am interested in?

My idea exactly. Why spend money on games you already own? If they only put Portal, TF2 and HL2 EP2 in the box, I might consider it.

gta_5.jpg

I think individually, they will add up to the cost of the orange box anyway, or more. Episode 2 will be about 30 Dollars on its own, more than half the price of the orange box. Its not ideal, I wasn't happy about buying HL2 again, but I still feel it was a good enough deal. You will be able to give away your existing HL2 copies as well. (whoopee)

TF2 is the dogs bollocks though.

I'm a Team Fortress Classic addict from wayyyyy back so that's probably the biggest draw for me. I'm also looking forward to finally playing the content from HL2 since I'd never try to run it on my current PC but yea TFC is a HUGE plus for me on reserving this boxset.

Really looking forward to using the Pyro again. happy.gif

Could any mods out there change the second line of te topic title to include "+team fortress 2 chat", since that is the only part out at the moment, and worth discussing. Cheers

On topic, i just love seeing a heavy with a medic, clear out a room. Awesome. The gun turrets are badass too, I killed 8 people with one, all at once, like in the trailer. It decimated them all so quickly, until a spy came over and turned it against me sad.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Finished Portal in around 4 hours - lol @ cake and the song during the credits. I may go back and do the advanced levels/challenges er not. Mostly I was looking to play HL2 ep1 and ep2 and check out TF2 when I picked up The Orange Box. I thought ep1 was a bit tedious and short, but ep2 was much better. The striders are so ominous and the hunters are a nice addition.

TF2? So far I'm undecided. They need to get their sh*t together with the servers. It's chaos in an un-fun way right now so, meh.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

i must say...i'm a fan on sticking a dispenser/sentry in front of the opposing teams spawn ph34r.gif

2lcqyao.jpg

I LOVED every bit of it... except TF2. It's quite painfully obvious that it was designed for the PC alone because everyone moves at 500mph and theres no auto-aim or (the far better) magnetism, so hitting anybody is extremely difficult.

Does anyone else find the Developer Commentary for the games extremely cool and fun to listen to?

Metal up your ass!

Does anyone else find the Developer Commentary for the games extremely cool and fun to listen to?

I haven't been through all of the commentary yet, but what I've heard was very interesting. It was a bit hard to hear at times though, due to the explosions, gunfire, etc. occurring at the same time. Had to go back an restart a few of them. I'm playing through HL2 again to get some achievements.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

I might get it like next week or so. I was going to wait for the ps3 version but I felt it would be a waste. Plus any game from valve to me is less enjoyable on a console. But I have my cash saved up fpr the Twin Peaks box set that comes out on the 30

Portal was awesome! I wasnt really that fussed with it when i first heard of it, but its so unique, and funny as well. It was short, but the last level made up for it

HL2 episode 2 was pretty friggin cool also, and TF2 is fun as hell too.

I think it was a long time coming, but the orange box has delivered in my opinion.

Just beat Portal, f*cking amazing. One thing I'm confused about though is who was leaving all the graffiti for you in the "broken" test chamber areas? Or was that never specified?

9QRzUfn.gif?1

I just figured that it was some other test subject that almost managed to escape. What an epic last level though

Loved the game play in Episode 2, but the ending now makes me cry for Ep3!! Im not sure if im that fussed about these staggered releases to be honest, it gets very annoying, probably going to have to wait 12months to play the next episode.

Should all be on one. mad.gif

Awesome game though.

x3FWE.png

Ep2 really rocked, it's like you're in the middle of it now. Too bad I played through it in an afternoon.

I wasn't really interested in or had already played the other games in the orange box, so I didn't bother getting it.

gta_5.jpg

I've never really been bothered about this package apart from Portal as I thought it was PC only but now that I've seen it's on the 360 it is something that I am now looking into. 5 games for £39.99 is a good deal but I'll probably leave it till Christmas, plus that will give me chance to play through the first Half Life in the meantime.

Has Half Life 2 got a multiplayer mode?

Orange box is delayed for PS3, same as Pro Evo, which is delayed TBC on new release date due to performance issues I believe. Personally I bought it on PC a week early, love portal and am stuck on lvl 13 of it.

I've just finally ordered this from Play.com it should be here within a few days and i can't wait, Portal looks so f*cking ace likewise so does Team Fortress.

s0h607k.jpg

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.