Vice City or San Andreas?

Mr. PA

Vice City, since the 80s atmosphere established is spectacular. Complete with a perfect soundtrack (Flash FM!).

San Andreas, despite its technological advances, was a bit of a let down for me to be honest.

Tommy Dickfingers

I enjoy both games very much.

Although Vice probably just edges it for me because of the 80's feel. The music, the sun, the beach, the ambience, it's pretty magical.

Vice City, since the 80s atmosphere established is spectacular. Complete with a perfect soundtrack (Flash FM!).

San Andreas, despite its technological advances, was a bit of a let down for me to be honest.

completely agree, besides the flash fm part ( v-rock , VCPR fot me) vice city was so compelling i still cant stop playing it(must of completed it 10 times or more), whereas san andreas didnt really grip me and the storyline just didnt captivate me , so i havent been on that in a while....

VC definitely for me biggrin.gif

Depends. I prefer Vice City for the reasons above, but I like San Andreas for it's scale and customization. It was so funny dressing CJ as a cowboy with joke glasses. But Vice City is much better. Has a 'Scarface' feel to it, if ya know what I mean.

Vice City is still the game I have the most fond memories of. Most of the reasons have already been mentioned. It just seemed like SA got a bit too big (landmass-wise) for its own good, and it actually hurt the gameplay. SA is a fun game, but VC was the best overall experience.

tommy vs. claude

vice city. that you cant beat the vice city with that 80's beach feel and that sound track

i love the vice city environment and music and cars. But you couldnt swim. Plau theres no planes other than a boat plane. And i didnt like how the map was small. My only problem with vice city is that i get bored very easily. I can play gta for hours on end(even now i can after buying it a few days after release) theres jsut so much stuff in the game i havent done yet. I still need to get odd jobs in San andreas, i usually sidetracked and never do them.

Vice City is way, way, way, way, way better than San Andreas.

SA is overrated. It didn't really have that GTA feel and grip to it. It was unnecessarily big. I still haven't memorized the layout yet.

SA is overrated. It didn't really have that GTA feel and grip to it. It was unnecessarily big. I still haven't memorized the layout yet.

Not really

They're my two favourite games ever, but for its sheer scale I have to go for San Andreas. But am I alone in not thinking much of Las Venturas? Easily the worst of the GTA 3D cities. Some nice neon lighting effects at night, but that's just in a small section.

There's no denying, though, that Vice City is, mile for mile, the better of the two games. It's simply the greatest city that has ever been put in a pony farming adventure game, and the music and all round vibe are fabulous. It's more like the 80s than the 80s were! That's because everything that was crass and cool about the decade have been condenced, and there's none of the awful stuff like Thatcher and Reagan. The area near the lighthouse - with the clear blue water and sun glistening on the waves - is a fabulous place to sit and admire the view, especially with an aeroplane flying over and a great tune on the radio.

But San Andreas gives you so much scale and variety. Unlike Vice City, you can go on a "holiday" that can last forever, touring in a camper or a touring bike. You can fly some great planes, take the train, climb mountains, parachute, hide out from the cops in the countryside, and the music, though not always great, is varied.

1) San Andreas

2) Vice City

But it's close.

Edited by guv

If I'm in the mood for an early 90's grunge LA action movie feel, I'll go with SA.

If I'm in the Miami Vice, Scarface, 80's metal/synth pop neon glam mood I'll go with VC. And judging from my avatar/sig, right now VC is my main GTA title.

They're both amazing games, and I've spent easily over a thousand hours with each. It doesn't come down to one being better than the other, because they're so past the standard of quality, it only comes down to what I'm in the mood for.

user posted image

SA got a bit too big (landmass-wise) for its own good, and it actually hurt the gameplay.

Replace landmass and gameplay with story and that's what I think. The story just got somewhat complicated after that whole getting kicked out of Los Santos thing.

But who gives a damn about the story. I definitely was more excited while playing in VC, but that might be because it was my first GTA game. I agree that the atmosphere was perfect and all. The first missions in SA felt nice and smooth, and somewhat realistic. Making it into some sort of easy going west coast gangsta feel, I enjoyed it. It also remained on topic, LA gangs day in and out, (more or less) normal gangwar fare (with exaggerations here and there). Then it got all hectic and crazy and the feeling got away, the game wasn't even about LA anymore and kept on switching topic.

Enough of my babbling, for a bigger environment and from a gameplay/technical standpoint, SA was the better game.

We can only give you our personal opinions. Noone can just say Vice City or San Andreas. It depends on personal taste. I like San Andreas more.

Reason

I always liked that west couast gangsta style in early 90s. San Andreas is based on meny movies that i like from that period. Also, it has great features and a large area to play. Nice mods for it too.

Currently San Andreas, only because if I was to return to Vice City, it would be slightly uncomfortable knowing that I don't have the features I had from San Andreas. In example - Swimming. I really hate that whole 'you touch the water, you die' ordeal.

'you touch the water, you die' ordeal.

yeah that is a dwonside to VC, but after playing it for so long you get used to it after time and avoid doing it as much...infact in my stats it only says ive fed one fish!

Not really

yeah rly.

It was boring as hell once you've done everything.

But it's impossible to stay away from VC for some reason. I'm glued to it.

Theme, atomosphere and soundtrack in Vice City knocks San Andreas out of the water. I could never related to CJ as much as I could with Tommy Vercetti. The advances made in San Andreas were just so much fun so I think it has longer playability but if I wasn't so obbsessed with G.T.A. I probably wouldn't have completed S.A.

I personally like San Andreas more. The reasons why:

- I like games with big areas to explore and San Andreas is really big game with a lot of great enviroment and areas to explore.

- I like the fact that you can't build up your character any way you want; clothing, hair-cut,...

- The characters are more fun and interesting in SA than in Vice City. (well... they are a few characters from Vice City also in SA)

- The soundtrack is also better

- There is a lot more vehicles in this game.

But Vice City is also great. It's got better story than San Andreas and the missions are also more interesting than in San Andreas.

Vice City without a doubt.

The whole atmosphere with the soundtrack, miami sun and the most badass protaganist = win.

tfdt7hY.gif

Depends really...

I loved Vice City and played it alot...ALOT and I loved every bit about it.

Then I got San Andreas and that also a hell of a game and very fun...but when I went back to play Vice City I found that it Vice was lacking because I was used to the features in San Andreas so Vice City just felt stale.

If you've never played San Andreas before I would go with Vice City. If you have played San Andreas a bit then go with that really...

GTA III should really be in the mix in these kinds of topics.

I like Vice City better. San Andreas was greatly overrated and its storyline was confusing and had no chemistry. San Andreas was a great game, though, and I could play that when I'm bored. Vice City had the best feel of the city out of that Liberty City and San Andreas. No swimming doesn't really bother me. It would in GTA III since most roads you'd be going on borders water but you'd get around it.

Both rated 9.6 from gamespot inlove.gif and are good, and they realized in same time so so no far-old

Piss off bigot

Suction Testicle Ban

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.