Install Problems

Hassasin00

Hi guys...I'm having problems installing my GTA Vice City for the PC....Well here's my problem....First it was that I couldn't get the game to start installing period...Now that I got past that this happens when it gets to 2 Percent

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070017

Error Information:

>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (94)

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1594)

PAPP:Grand Theft Auto:Vice City

PVENDOR:Rockstar Games (http://www.rockstarnorth.com)

PGUID:4B35F00C-E63D-40DC-9839-DF15A33EAC46

$7.1.100.1248

@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180

Any idea what's going on? cryani.gif I really wanna play my VC again...Any help appreciated. Thank-You.

Your disc is damaged, it's all over except for the buying of a new disc...

But did you kept a backup copy of your disc? Is your game downloaded or did you just bought it today/yesterday?

Your disc is damaged, it's all over except for the buying of a new disc...

But did you kept a backup copy of your disc? Is your game downloaded or did you just bought it today/yesterday?

Try about 2 years ago tounge.gif

your game downloaded or...

I have a folder called Rockstar Games in my Program Files...With gta-vc and Mss32.dll in it...

your game downloaded or...

I have a folder called Rockstar Games in my Program Files...With gta-vc and Mss32.dll in it...But that's about it.

This is why it is very improtant to install any disc-provided game on your 1st attempt.

It reminds me of Trix never eating his cereal (even when it was right beside him), and then later taking away by the kids. "Silly Rabbit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are for kids!" rolleyes.gif

This is why it is very improtant to install any disc-provided game on your 1st attempt.

It reminds me of Trix never eating his cereal (even when it was right beside him), and then later taking away by the kids. "Silly Rabbit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are for kids!" rolleyes.gif

Lol. I did install it before...Finished the game too and almost got all my hidden packages BUT...My CD Drive was down all along preventing me from playing my game...I just got it fixed like a month ago. So yeah...