Help in connecting to the router

CCJ

I've recently installed a clean copy of Vista ultimate on my old computer. Before I made the installation, it was able to connect to the internet, but after the installation, it can't even detect the LAN. Can anyone teach me how to enable the connection?

I've recently installed a clean copy of Vista ultimate on my old computer. Before I made the installation, it was able to connect to the internet, but after the installation, it can't even detect the LAN. Can anyone teach me how to enable the connection?

Your best bet would be to uninstall Vista, and get something else on it.

Vista has been known to not to be able to connect to a lot of stuff, due to the fact that Microsoft did not implement standards into Vista for that. So you're sorta lost, mate.

But the decision between Vista and Internet should be easy.

Fozzy Fozborne

You most likely need Network card drivers. The first step is finding out the make and model of the PC you are using (IE Dell Optiplex 950 or HP Pavilion 2020) or the motherboard/network card of a machine you built.

After that, go to the manufacturer's drivers page (search "[name of manufacturer] drivers") and look for a network driver for Vista. If you can't find one, post here and I'll see if I can find you one. The most important thing right now is your PC make and model or the manufacturer and model of the motherboard you have in a PC you built yourself.

Hope that helps... kind of confusing.

Your best bet would be to uninstall Vista, and get something else on it.

Vista has been known to not to be able to connect to a lot of stuff, due to the fact that Microsoft did not implement standards into Vista for that. So you're sorta lost, mate.

But the decision between Vista and Internet should be easy.

This problem occurs on every single OS man. When you do a fresh installation, which obviously wipes out all your data, you will immediately lose connection, sounds, and games will not detect your 3D video cards. The drivers have to be reinstalled.

@Fozzy Fozborne: I have another computer that had experienced the same problem last year, I invited someone to help me, and all he did was using the command prompt to type something, so I don't think a network card driver will be necessary.

Right Click on the Computer icon on the desktop or the one in the start menu. Then Click Manage. Click Device manager and see if the Network Adapter has a yellow exclamation next to it, that will tell you if you need drivers.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.