MGS4

Banana

Imo i think it should be multi platformed. I love the mgs series and i would hate not to play it because i have a 360 and im NOT going to buy a ps3 just for mgs4. Wouldnt it mean more money for kojima to multi platrorm mgs4?

I don't think so. I think Sony need all the exclusives they can get. I'm sure it will port after a year or so.

Imo i think it should be multi platformed. I love the mgs series and i would hate not to play it because i have a 360 and im NOT going to buy a ps3 just for mgs4. Wouldnt it mean more money for kojima to multi platrorm mgs4?

You could say the same for every exclusive. There is good money in being loyal. Its good to see that some companies still are.

Some games stay with PS3,some stay with 360.Live with it and choose your destiny:will you go with the 360 or the ps3?

I will go with both, when I get the money for a PS3.

As of yet, Metal Gear Solid 4 is the ONLY reason I would even think about purchasing a PS3. I've enjoyed the story so far and I don't want some asshat to ruin it for me. I really hope they port it over!

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Oh heck yes!!!!!

I own a 360 and not a p3s (too expensive) and im a huge MGS fan. Why spend $1k on the ps3 just for MGS4 ($110) aswell as GTA 4 when i can get more games i like for the 360 (the cheaper one) as well as GTA 4.

You could say the same for every exclusive. There is good money in being loyal. Its good to see that some companies still are.

Yeah, a userbase of like 2 or 3 million compared to a userbase of over 10 million is REAL good money, isn't it? lol.gif

There would be some techinical things to overcome, such as finding a way to fit a Blu-Ray title on a DVD-9, but then again, the first MGS was on two discs anyway so they might not be so opposed to that.

user posted image

I don't know what everyone's issue with two or more discs is. It's not like the extra disc is expensive and some games have been up to four discs. Half-Life 2 was 6 discs.

I don't know what everyone's issue with two or more discs is. It's not like the extra disc is expensive and some games have been up to four discs. Half-Life 2 was 6 discs.

Its not a huge deal, but it is a hassle. When the technology is available, you may as well use it.

@Dude: They obviously have more people with over a year head start. Thats not a feat, its general logic. They don't want to burn their bridges with Sony, when the PS3 could, after given time, become number one as far as sales. Smart people think ahead.

Its not a huge deal, but it is a hassle. When the technology is available, you may as well use it.

@Dude: They obviously have more people with over a year head start. Thats not a feat, its general logic. They don't want to burn their bridges with Sony, when the PS3 could, after given time, become number one as far as sales. Smart people think ahead.

And the PS2 also had a year head start...so what?

user posted image

Actually, in the 360's first year it had more than 3 million units sold.

Wii had the most units sold in its first year, then 360, then the PS3 lagging behind.

Wait, i swear the topic said MGS4 - not 'consoLe wra!!1!'

On topic: I'm sure theres a good reason for it only being on the ps3 - yeah im sure they'd make alot of money putting in on multi platform - but imagine the amount of digits on the exclusivity contract they signed for sony? Either way its good for me as i own both, so i'll be getting it day of release.

@ last poster: The ps3 hasn't been out a year yet has it? It came out november/march time so we cant really say if its sold more or less yet.

if konami likes to make more money, then yes~ it should most definately go multi-platform icon14.gif

it'll take them more time making it from the ground up again for other platforms if they don't want those nasty porting issues (like yknow, drop in quality etc. since blah-blah had to be blah-blah for blah)

come to think of it,there hasnt been a PS3-first game ported to the 360 is there?

4DksF.png

Not quite.

Dreamcast came out in 1998 (Japan) and 1999 (America).

PS2 came out in March, 2000 for Japan, November, 2000 for America.

It was Dreamcast that a head start last generation, not the PS2.

i think the game will eventually become multiplatform, yet i don't think both ps3 and 360 versions will be similar. i'm sure there will be a huge difference between the two versions that they would compress/edit/remove alot of things so the game would fit in a dvd9 for x360. do you guys know that the ps3 version will be in a dual-layer BD??

Not quite.

Dreamcast came out in 1998 (Japan) and 1999 (America).

PS2 came out in March, 2000 for Japan, November, 2000 for America.

It was Dreamcast that a head start last generation, not the PS2.

I do believe the Dreamcast is a mute point in the previous generation. So why bring it up?

Besides, everyone acknowledges that the PS2 was the real start of the last generation. Dreamcast was more on the last ends of the N64 era.

i think the game will eventually become multiplatform, yet i don't think both ps3 and 360 versions will be similar. i'm sure there will be a huge difference between the two versions that they would compress/edit/remove alot of things so the game would fit in a dvd9 for x360. do you guys know that the ps3 version will be in a dual-layer BD??

they could make it like the mgs:substance or something~

I remember the xbox MGS2 had more stuff with it which eventually saw a re-release of MGS2 for the PS2~ so maybe in this generation IF mgs4 indeed goes multi-platform in the end, DLC is the way to go to give x360 owners an incentive over the PS3 (ala GTA IV)

4DksF.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.