I don't feel safe on google/gmail anymore

boogernut

Here is the site......

www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com

(this came from the site)

This is for your copy-and-paste convenience:

Dear Gmail user: Due to privacy considerations, we cannot respond unless you resend your email from a different account. For more information, please visit www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com

Please, i don't want to take abuse for this or for using google/gmail in anyway, but this seriously didn't make me feel too well, especially, but not only, about privacy!

Gmail is awesome. Best e-mail I've ever used.

When I send mail, that I would not want certain people to investigate, I use www.hushmail.com

Works great, encrypts e-mails for you.

When I send mail, that I would not want certain people to investigate, I use www.hushmail.com

TY for the response....

and yes i love Gmail too, and other emails, this article just sheds some light on some privacy issues.......

Does google really have the right to look at your emails .......... or is it really only if they have some suspicion (which shouldn't happen normally)?

I would have to read through the legal stuff (which I'm not going to) but unless they specifically say in the Terms of Service (that you need to check the box that says "I agree" to register) that they can NOT read your emails, or something along those lines, they are allowed to do it then.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

When I send mail, that I would not want certain people to investigate, I use  www.hushmail.com

TY for the response....

and yes i love Gmail too, and other emails, this article just sheds some light on some privacy issues.......

Does google really have the right to look at your emails .......... or is it really only if they have some suspicion (which shouldn't happen normally)?

They have the right to do want every they want with the damn e-mails, did you read the TOS when you "agreed", I sure as hell didn't...

Gmails awesome, I haven't got any spam from it except a site I no longer go to which won't stop sending newsletters even when I tell it not to.

But whos stupid enough to talk about downloading crap in a email anyway?

New account, Joe.

What could you possibly be sending that worrys you?

I really like Gmail, easy, fast...great.

Ive seen all the "We dont trust Google"

"Google are taking over the world"

I really doubt they will be looking at us.

x3FWE.png

If there was a company I would give all my privacy information to, it would be Google.

Alternatively, you can use PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) keys to encrypt and sign your mails.

What could you possibly be sending that worrys you?

I really like Gmail, easy, fast...great.

Ive seen all the "We dont trust Google"

"Google are taking over the world"

I really doubt they will be looking at us.

First of all i do not agree with "google is taking over the world." And i am not insane like some of these other people. I love gmail too! And i am not too worried about privacy issues because i don't believe (unless some terrorist and/or Child P issue) they would prowl into private stuff.

I am just saying, this article really sheds a bad light on google.

And what was the deal with PGP?

And i am not too worried about privacy issues because i don't believe (unless some terrorist and/or Child P issue) they would prowl into private stuff.

Right... your topic title wouldn't leave you to believe you felt unsafe with gmail...

I don't feel safe on google/gmail anymore, after seeing this site......

Oh... wait confused.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

You obviously aren't getting what i am saying, so i won't waste my time explaining it to you. I understand how it could be confusing for you, but i won't waste my time explaining what i was saying.

You obviously aren't getting what i am saying, so i won't waste my time explaining it to you. I understand how it could be confusing for you, but i won't waste my time explaining what i was saying.

lol, look at his signature.

***Despite what a whole lot of people, some who are very mean, have been saying, I am going to keep posting and starting threads when I want to/have an idea.*******

Keep em coming champ.

And what was the deal with PGP?

I suggest you google that. Get the joke?

Anyway, here is a Wikipedia article for you. So you can avoid the creepy people at Google.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.