3. Suggestions

"Di Reggae Yard"

Drizz

Bob Marley-Pimpers Paradise best song,

and also the songs from GTA 3's KJah Radio Scientist, Your teeth in my neck:

I got the lyrics:

ome will take money

And make big enemy-ee-ee

While iman take love and make good friends...

Some are speaking foggy -?

The other are thinking rotten -?

But iman is here to teach you what's right from wrong.

Say no now...

GTA 3 DJ Speaking:

Hoi oi oi

Hoi oi oi

Lord, oh yeah...

Some are speaking foggy -?

The other are thinking rotten -?

But iman is here to teach you what's right from wrong.

GTA 3 DJ Speaking:

Listen me carefully.

Let's live in love and unity -?

For anything you do, just see 'we'

I want that family...

hoi-oi-oi...

hoi-oi-oi...

...unity

For I and I wanted you be free.

Lets live in love and one harmony-ee.

Say go now...

I dont got the real mp3 file of this song, I searched the whole internet inc limewire but didnt find a single copy of those songs.

Never heard Aswad mentioned in this topic. I got some of their sh*t the other day and I like it a lot. Check them out.

topdogkiller
recent singer is alright but he doesn't have the same flame as Jacob. Does anyone here know Garnett Silk? he also was an amazing reggae artist.

Now were talking. True legend, king of kings. Such a great, distinctive voice..."mama" really gets to me..kingly character..a sad loss.

yea that was amazing song, my dad has one of his albums but it's more of a collection album. It has a bunch of great tracks. My fav is "it's growing"

Collie Buddz is actually pretty good for being a white dancehall dj. Although that song is so played out in clubs. They're always playing it.

Impressive for a white DJ though.

Now I don't know if this can be classed as Reggae, so apoligizes, if it's in the wrong place, but I heard him a while ago, and he sounds awesome, so I thought i'd share it with you. His name is "Natty" and he's a Rasta from London.

Well, I LOVE it...

Edited by Goldey

And you call a roots reggae man what about those grooves !

The Blues Busters - How sweet it is / Soon You'll be Gone

Dandy Livingstone - A Message To You, Rudy

The Paragons - The Tide Is High

Bill Deal & The Rhondels - I've Been Hurt

Latin Ska Medley

Man, that's a great list.

You ever heard that Darker Than Blue compilation? 'S all very soulful, there're tracks by The Chosen Few, Ken Boothe, Alton Ellis, John Holt and the likes. You might like it.

Does anyone know, to what extent are there artists that perform music in Jamaica that is not reggae/ska/dancehall? Are there any good Jamaican artists that make rock music that does not have the "skank" beat of reggae?

A mouldy used tea bag

Just found Black Uhurus "Red" LP, hidden under my bed. Didn't even know I had it. Great album too.

I've got Black Uhuru's "Sinsemilla", "Guess Who's Coming For Dinner", "Red" and "Chill Out" albums. Been listening to them for 3 years and I never got bored of any track. These guys're the ones who got me into reggae. D: Thanks to my pops for showin' me them...

Great band.

I've got Black Uhuru's "Sinsemilla", "Guess Who's Coming For Dinner", "Red" and "Chill Out" albums. Been listening to them for 3 years and I never got bored of any track. These guys're the ones who got me into reggae. D: Thanks to my pops for showin' me them...

Great band.

Same here, Black Uhuru are the ones who got me into Reggae, btw, speaking of them, does anyone like "Darkness"?

One of my favorites. smile.gif

Great band.

Same here, Black Uhuru are the ones who got me into Reggae, btw, speaking of them, does anyone like "Darkness"?

One of my favorites. smile.gif

Yeah. Darkness is hot! :> My favorites gotta be "Abortion", "Every Dreadlock" and "Rockstone".

Time to post some reggae and bump this topic back up.

I toltaly forgot about this topic, even though im linking to it in my sig tounge.gif

I've been listening a lot to the Aggrolites lately and i must say, their my favorite ska/reggae band thats not from the 60's tounge.gif

The Aggrolites || Dirty Reggae

Man i wish XN22 wasn't banned, this topic would be much more alive if he was here sad.gif

Edited by Dem57

I highly recommend Dj Shortkuts "Blunted with a beat Junkie" for anyone looking for a wkd mix.

Also..I got hold of a C.D the other day..Stonelove sound system, I thought "Stonelove, class..cant go wrong" expecting the usual dope live tunes with the Stonelove horns/production etc...turned out it did have all this..but they were playing R n B..Usher and that. I got this off the net so Im assuming it was a joke. Cant even listen to it again to see if my ears were deceiving me as I threw it out of the car window at a dog. f*cking wierd.

Mister Pink

I got John Holt's, Police In Helicopter. Sounds great so far.

Police In Helicopter...

Great doesnt come close to describing that track. funnily enough its on that shortkut mix I mentioned.

i found a CD that was frm 94, too bad the disc wasnt damaged but i managed to download the tracks via P2P, good reggae's on the CD,

Sweat ( A la la la long) -Inner Circle

Bad Boys _ Inner Circle

I got John Holt's, Police In Helicopter. Sounds great so far.

Police In Helicopter...

John Holt is definitely up there when it comes to my favorite reggae artists.

I'm more into his earlier stuff though, like reggae form the ghetto

topdogkiller
I highly recommend Dj Shortkuts "Blunted with a beat Junkie" for anyone looking for a wkd mix.

Also..I got hold of a C.D the other day..Stonelove sound system, I thought "Stonelove, class..cant go wrong" expecting the usual dope live tunes with the Stonelove horns/production etc...turned out it did have all this..but they were playing R n B..Usher and that. I got this off the net so Im assuming it was a joke. Cant even listen to it again to see if my ears were deceiving me as I threw it out of the car window at a dog. f*cking wierd.

0Sounds cool, do you know Madlib's Blunted in the bomb shelter. That one of the best reggae mixes I've heard

Scarface187

Since, XN22 is banned, he wanted me to post this for you guys.

Ask for reccomendations that sound like Alborosie, Lutan Fyah and Damian Marley

0Sounds cool, do you know Madlib's Blunted in the bomb shelter. That one of the best reggae mixes I've heard

Yeah man its top notch, never far away from the cd player.

I picked up tickets to see Luciano today. Chuffed.

Mister Pink
BUMP.

He's playing here in Dublin next week and I gots no moneys sad.gif

Blind Joe Death

I've been listening through Bob Marley & The Wailers 78 song compilation album, Songs of Freedom. It's great, they'd have to be my all time favourite reggae band, Bob Marley being my favourite Reggae artist. He's the most commercially successful and well known Reggae artist for a reason, because he truly is that great.

R.I.P. Robert Nesta Marley, you'll always be remembered.

edit: This topic isn't very active anymore. sad.gif

Edited by Ya Mum

Johnny_rasta

Hello, my friends...

Nobody mentioned Burning Spear, or I'm wrong, it's great music!!

Respect for all fans of Marley, Black Uhuru, Dennis, Sugar Minott, and all old school legendary reggae artists...

Blind Joe Death

Welcome.

Thanks for posting, make sure you visit regularly since we need more activity in here.

Moving on, I just got a hold of Stephen Marley's album, Mind Control. I recommend it to you all, it's basically a must have, absolutely brilliant piece of work. I have a feeling this will be the main album I'll be listening to all week and possibly all month.

Anybody else in here have the album?

Edited by Ya Mum
  • Like 1

topdogkiller
Welcome.

Thanks for posting, make sure you visit regularly since we need more activity in here.

Moving on, I just got a hold of Stephen Marley's album, Mind Control. I recommend it to you all, it's basically a must have, absolutely brilliant piece of work. I have a feeling this will be the main album I'll be listening to all week and possibly all month.

Yeah, my dad copped tha album last year. I thought it was very good. That one song just a bird or something was pretty sick. Stephan definitely doesn't disappoint on his 1st solo record.

Blind Joe Death
Welcome.

Yeah, my dad copped tha album last year. I thought it was very good. That one song just a bird or something was pretty sick. Stephan definitely doesn't disappoint on his 1st solo record.

Just a bird? There isn't any track on the album titled that, you sure you thinking of Stephen Marley?

Also, I've been listening to Damian Marley's album "Welcome to Jamrock". It's alright but I thought Stephen Marley's album was a lot better. So in conclusion...

Bob > Stephen > Damian