Laptop suitable for gaming

TheGuyFromThere

TheGuyFromThere

I want a laptop - it needs to be vista, wireless enabled and the ability to play games.

What's a good laptop.

Don't want to spend anymore than about £3-400

biggrin.gif

inactive

Try either PCWorld, Dell or Misco.co.uk, they've got a fairly decent range of laptops, but even using your top price range of £400, you'll be hard pressed to find one that decent for games, that is depending on what games you want to play on it. But look for at least a Dual core Processor, not one of the Celeron M range (Intel based Laptops)

Most suppliers offer either Vista or XP, but with Vista it will more than likely be Vista Home Premium. As for Wireless enabled, you'll find that these days that it practically comes as standard, but even so it should either mention 'Wireless enabled' or '802.1a,b+g' which is the wireless convention.

As for Range's, Toshiba and HP are OK, Acer are alright, Dell are Good, Sony's are not too bad either

wZVJHXg.png

TheGuyFromThere

I was looking at this one in particular. It seems to fit the bill and I tried to haggle the clerk in store - but they don't budge for anyone. What sort of games could I play on that? At the minute I'm into San Andreas again... and to be truthful I only want it to carry around the house because this is a shared computer... obvious annoyances there.. plus just the novelty. What's its limitations? Could it play a game like SA well? If not - what could it play - and if so, what are the chances of a hardcore game like MS Flight Simulator?

Thanks.

That btw is £430

Edited by Dom0803

inactive

That's alright for the price, it'll probably do San Andreas OK, maybe not maximum settings, but then hardly anyone gets that anyway. I really doubt that it would be able to handle anything like Flight Simulator as the Graphics Card is a little on the weak side for it. But if you really wanted a laptop for Gaming then you'd have to pay a little extra for it (well a lot extra). But as I say it should be good for San Andreas and you could probably squeeze out a fairly decent Battlefield 2 as well.

wZVJHXg.png

Nothing wrong with compaq for me, they use the same insides as everyone else anyway.

But yeah, your budget aint that good for a gaming laptop. The one you found is probably the best for your buck, even though ill update this post later, I have a magazine at work with the best £500 laptop deals...maybe you could stretch?

Update Edit.

Reading through my magazine, i came across this little Acer.

It isnt a 'gaming' machine as such, but with a little bit of luck, it will run some up to date games on low settings, and yours for £400, and got a great review.

https://www.simplyacer.com/product/id/201335/LX.AX90X.115

Edited by Waddy
x3FWE.png

Sweet deal you impatient sod!!

Should have shopped around for £900. tounge.gif

Seems a very good machine though, perfect for what your needs were.

x3FWE.png

TheGuyFromThere

yea man.. handles like a dream. although, as it happens... AOL are too old fashioned for vista, so I have to wait to get a new router and ethernet cables and special drivers etc etc, which should be here in 7 working days.. it runs SA on low settings at 1280*800 really smoothly (probably near to 30fps) but with it set to medium and rendering the shadows, it slows right down by half

its a top job

inactive

TheGuyFromThere

Yea I got it a while ago thanks, but my modem, BT Voyager 100 is on their "official list of too old" to run it. So I have to get the router.

The "lappy" is good haha

I bought ArmA from game yesterday, and it's addictive as f*ck! doing my every wishes desire!

inactive

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.