Messed Up Main.scm

DaNewMan

Hello! I have been modding Gta Sa For a Long time and haven't been having any problems when modding (exept not knowing how to do). Now I was going to try a new mod (Put cars on spots around Sa) and when I went into the mission builder and choosed my main.scm it said it was an error. I didn't know what it was so i went to my gta folder and opened the main.scm with notepad. It looked kinda like this:

user posted image

I thought it was destroyed and i went to the backup folder and the main.scm was exactly the same as the destroyed one. What has happened?

If you were able to open the SCM with a simple editor like notepad there would be no need for compilers, eh?

It would be more helpful if you posted the error you get with your MB.

The error with the MB has stopped now but according to a Tutorial which is here your gonna search for

014B: $2777 = init_parked_car_generator

but that one doesn't exist in my main.scm.. That's the problem =/

The error with the MB has stopped now but according to a Tutorial which is here your gonna search for
014B: $2777 = init_parked_car_generator

but that one doesn't exist in my main.scm.. That's the problem =/

You Have to open it With Sanny Builder or... Hmm... What was the other tool called? Can't remember, but You can't edit the Main.scm with notepad, It's not messed up, It's just what it looks like with Notepad/Wordpad/MS Word.

I know, I use the Mission Builder to open it, then I save it so it becomes a readable .txt file. Then i search for 014B: $2777 = init_parked_car_generator and like i said, it cant find it! mad.gif

Which mission builder are you using?

After it’s finished decompileing it should open in front of you, there’s no need to save it onto notepad.

Edited by Dolven

Im using V0.33 Like they told me to.. and yes I can edit it in the mission builder but it still can't find the word mad.gif

Ok but there is alot of these
parked_car_generator

Which one am I going to pick?

It doesn't matter, you'll be editing the parameters anyway. Just copy one, paste it under it and edit as required.

Related, the search function didn't work because the tutorial is poorly written. The ID of the parked car generator will change upon compilation/decompilation, meaning searching for that specific $2777 was never going to work.

Btw, You have any good tutorials?

The rest of the tutorial is fine, now you’ve found what you are looking for just add the code in next to the others, then edit the:

• coordinates

• angle

• vehicle ID

In this:

014B: $tower_hotdog = init_parked_car_generator 588 -1 -1 1 alarm 0 door_lock 0 0 10000 at 1555.183 -1352.873 329.4553 angle 90.0

Look back at the tutorial to get the Vehicle Id's.