Far Cry 2 Demo Gameplay.

Hell No..

No it does not. Crysis graphics make that look like Pong, and the setting is on a tropical island. Not to mention Crysis looks to rape the sh*t outta Farcry 2 in gameplay, too.

EDIT: I know this isn't a Crysis topic, but heres a few videos from Crysis, just for comparison:

Watch the island walkthrough video.

Then "Weapons of Crysis". Those two videos sold me on the game, and instantly moved it to #2 on my most anticipated games list.

Edited by AlianAnt
Metal up your ass!

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/leipzig07/st...&om_clk=topslot

That world will apparently be huge; the player raised a paper map (much like a treasure map) and a functional compass to his perspective, and we were told that map showed about one kilometer of terrain, and that this represents just under one percent of the gameworld's total size. Again, you'll be able to roam around that entire world while it streams from the hard drive, without ever seeing a loading screen.

The game simulates full weather patterns and air currents, so when you see clouds in the sky, they aren't there because an artist painted them on the skybox--they're there because the atmospheric conditions were right for clouds to form. The same goes for falling rain and howling wind, the latter of which will realistically blow tree branches, grass, smoke from fires, and dust from the ground in the same direction it's moving. Those trees can be broken apart, and that grass can be flattened by a passing jeep--and they can both catch fire from any incendiary source, by the way. Heck, we saw a grassy field catch fire from an exploded fuel canister, and the fire actually began to spread in a particular direction simply because the wind was blowing it that way.

That preview just allowed Far Cry 2 to creep into my list of games I absolutely HAVE to get.

Just watched the demo and wow, it looks mint.

Will it only be released on the PC or will it be out on other consoles? If it's just the PC, Ive got a bit of upgrading to do...

user posted image

Digïtál £vîl
No it does not. Crysis graphics make that look like Pong, and the setting is on a tropical island. Not to mention Crysis looks to rape the sh*t outta Farcry 2 in gameplay, too.

EDIT: I know this isn't a Crysis topic, but heres a few videos from Crysis, just for comparison:

Then "Weapons of Crysis". Those two videos sold me on the game, and instantly moved it to #2 on my most anticipated games list.

What is funny is that I have a full access account for IGN and went to download the HD version, Unfortunately, I wasn't signed in and it told me that I must sign in to access the videos. Yet the download prompt still popped up and I was able to download the content without even signing in to receive it. Weird. I just tried it again and have since downloaded several files this way...

What is funny is that I have a full access account for IGN and went to download the HD version, Unfortunately, I wasn't signed in and it told me that I must sign in to access the videos. Yet the download prompt still popped up and I was able to download the content without even signing in to receive it. Weird. I just tried it again and have since downloaded several files this way...

Hah, that's so cool. Now to download lots of HD videos. Only works in Firefox because it doesn't care about those stupid little scripts that don't let you right click.

Edited by Rocketkiller

I loved the first Far Cry game, and I still play it, to this day. It's entertaining. The multiplayer maps aren't the best, but you can create your own, play online, or split-screen.

Far Cry 2 looks 20 times better, and it made it onto the list of games I need to have.

kdr9l4.png

Digïtál £vîl

Hah, that's so cool. Now to download lots of HD videos. Only works in Firefox because it doesn't care about those stupid little scripts that don't let you right click.

That is the thing. I didn't right click. If you double click it quickly with normal left click, the first one will bring up the sign-in prompt, while the second one will bring up the download prompt and you can save it on your computer. Rather easy. But I still say for people to get the membership cuz you still get extra stuff.

But your way works easy as well. haha. Stupid IGN, I would figure they would have fixed this.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.