Days of the week in VC

Steve Crook

Do days of the week have any effect or significance in VC?

In San Andreas there are some things like the "beat the chicken" triathlons and some stadium events that are only available on certain days of the week.

I didn't think that the days of the week mattered in VC

But I just bought the boatyard and was doing the Checkpoint Charlie mission to get it earning. The first few times I tried it there were an almost continual stream of small boats (motorboats and small sailing boats) going around all over the course which made it very difficult. I kept hitting these boats or they'd get in the way of the course I wanted to take and there's not a lot of time to spare on that mission. If you have to go round and try something again you may as well give up. I tried the mission 4 or 5 times in succession, but every time there were just too many small boats.

I gave up and tried it again later (a few days later in game time) and there were only the usual number of small boats around, just a few of them, and I completed Checkpoint Charlie easily at the first attempt.

It was like the first time I tried it was on a Sunday and everybody had decided to take their boat out for the day.

If this really does happen regularly and wasn't just a random fluke then it'd be useful to know when it's Sunday when you try the rampage from the ruined platform. That one's usually quite hard from the platform because there aren't enough boats going past.

Steve

Edited by Steve Crook

Days of the week aren't a feature of Vice City.

Are you sure? I know they're not mentioned anywhere but this did seem like a Sunday afternoon with everybody out on their boat.

Steve

DIt was like the first time I tried it was on a Sunday and everybody had decided to take their boat out for the day.

Perhaps you have modded your game, or confusing Vice City with San Andreas, or confusing Vice City with real life?

Days of the Week don't feature in the game. The absence of the boats must have been a random thing.

I think the existance of them maybe was a glitch... I don't recall ever seeing other boats around when doing that mission on PS2.

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

Perhaps you have modded your game, or confusing Vice City with San Andreas, or confusing Vice City with real life?

Days of the Week don't feature in the game. The absence of the boats must have been a random thing.

It's not modded and I'm not confusing games.

It must have just been that random vehicle generator working against me - quite a lot

Steve

I think the existance of them maybe was a glitch... I don't recall ever seeing other boats around when doing that mission on PS2.

i have seen many boats at the start of checkpoint charlie on some of my missions , but they dont usually bother me ...what bothers me is the weather situation , if its raining o stormy then the sea is most probably going to be wavy and difficult to complete checkpoint charlie in a quick time ...so when it was sunny i did checkpoint charlie and got a 1:48 on my first attempt!