[SNP] Stowaway V1.

tarik1985

I did it using a V1 Main.scm and Scritp.scm. So all you should have to do is just use ID converter made by pdescobar, which you can download here. It is really usefull for these kind of things. Just drag you save file on to it and it will do it and make a back-up of the file auotmatically. Hope this helps

-Ryan

I did it using a V1 Main.scm and Scritp.scm. So all you should have to do is just use ID converter made by pdescobar, which you can download here. It is really usefull for these kind of things. Just drag you save file on to it and it will do it and make a back-up of the file auotmatically. Hope this helps

-Ryan

I didn't know v2 players could use v1 scm file to play a v1 savefile!

I thought it was the other way around.

I got John to send me the V1 things awhile ago. You just copy and paste them in the script folder and it works. I have tryed it on about 5 V1 SNP savefiles. They work every time. The only problem is that the person needs to use pdescobars ID converter. Other than that it works fine.

I got John to send me the V1 things awhile ago. You just copy and paste them in the script folder and it works. I have tryed it on about 5 V1 SNP savefiles. They work every time. The only problem is that the person needs to use pdescobars ID converter. Other than that it works fine.

But does the savefile work for the v1 user?

Also, if the requester has v1, how does it matter if the savefile isn't converted?

The only difference between a v1 file and a v2 file is it's ID. However, as per my knowledge, v1 doesn't care about the ID. It's v2 which requires the savefile to have a specific ID for it to load and hence, the need for conversion.

Moreover, the converter program is for v1 helpers who complete v2 requests using a v2 scm. I fail to see how it would work the opposite way.

Have you completed any such similar requests and have the savefiles worked for those v1 users?

Also, if the requester has v1, how does it matter if the savefile isn't converted?

The only difference between a v1 file and a v2 file is it's ID. However, as per my knowledge, v1 doesn't care about the ID. It's v2 which requires the savefile to have a specific ID for it to load and hence, the need for conversion.

Moreover, the converter program is for v1 helpers who complete v2 requests using a v2 scm. I fail to see how it would work the opposite way.

Have you completed any such similar requests and have the savefiles worked for those v1 users?

Ok. I was thinking about this and I think I figured it out. The way i am doing it now, works for me, I can upload V1 save files but another person can't upload and play them after me. I think what I would need to do is download the SA downgrader patch. Then the person playing after i ahve it should be able to open it.

@tarik1985: Sorry about all this. Big mistake on my end blush.gifblush.gif

Ok. I was thinking about this and I think I figured it out. The way i am doing it now, works for me, I can upload V1 save files but another person can't upload and play them after me. I think what I would need to do is download the SA downgrader patch. Then the person playing after i ahve it should be able to open it.

Afaik, the downgrader patch is used only to make a v2 game moddable.

I don't think it has to do anything with the savefile. So, I doubt it would work.

Still, you can give it a try.

I don't think it has to do anything with the savefile. So, I doubt it would work.

Well I got pdescobar to try it for me and it works biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well I got pdescobar to try it for me and it works biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That's good. Now you can do v1 requests.