Kanye West vs. 50 Cent on 106&Park!

Randomname01

That's just the thing, some of these people who never learned what was classy think that because it's expensive that it looks good, or because it's shiny it looks expensive. When in reality they look like f*cking lawn ornaments.

I find mainstream rap extremely bland and predictable. I don't understand why it continues to sell and gain favor in popular culture. The music is f*cking ignorant, uninventive, and boring. Nobody has their own style, their own sound, their own lyrics anymore. They're all saying the same sh*t as the rappers before them. This mindless, pointless, uninspired club rap is killing hip-hop.

And what's even more ridiculous is that a lot of the people you might think would have insight into what good hip-hop is, people from the inner city, people that are surrounded by others who listen to nothing but hip-hop...I'll play some good sh*t for them and they'll be bored with it. They want to hear about f*cking bitches and sippin syrup and gettin throwed and goin "YEEAAAHHHH!" and acting like they do nothing but swang on 20s and bust caps in haters. I'll play cunninlynguists, 7L & Esoteric, Rob Swift, Pete Rock, Del tha Funky Homosapien, and these goddamn morons will think it's garbage. I just don't understand how things got flipped around to where what's good is now crap, and what has always been crap is now a top seller.

How could anyone in their right mind get bored with 7Les playing?

user posted image

unban asmo.

That's just the thing, some of these people who never learned what was classy think that because it's expensive that it looks good, or because it's shiny it looks expensive. When in reality they look like f*cking lawn ornaments.

I find mainstream rap extremely bland and predictable. I don't understand why it continues to sell and gain favor in popular culture. The music is f*cking ignorant, uninventive, and boring. Nobody has their own style, their own sound, their own lyrics anymore. They're all saying the same sh*t as the rappers before them. This mindless, pointless, uninspired club rap is killing hip-hop.

And what's even more ridiculous is that a lot of the people you might think would have insight into what good hip-hop is, people from the inner city, people that are surrounded by others who listen to nothing but hip-hop...I'll play some good sh*t for them and they'll be bored with it. They want to hear about f*cking bitches and sippin syrup and gettin throwed and goin "YEEAAAHHHH!" and acting like they do nothing but swang on 20s and bust caps in haters. I'll play cunninlynguists, 7L & Esoteric, Rob Swift, Pete Rock, Del tha Funky Homosapien, and these goddamn morons will think it's garbage. I just don't understand how things got flipped around to where what's good is now crap, and what has always been crap is now a top seller.

How could anyone in their right mind get bored with 7Les playing?

That's exactly what I said! smile.gif

usZpdN9.png

This is 110% true

of course, not everyones like that, but for the most part, yes.

Wow.

After 6 days Graduation sold 957,000 units. that's a mad number of records to sell in less than a week, especially considering the album was leaked long before the album came out. Would ahve been even higher if that hadn't happened cry.gif

50 Cent got 691,000 units which is still a very respectable number.

If you're looking at it over all, you could say 50 Cent still won becuase Kanye's first week sales didnt beat 'The Massacre's 1.1 million in 2005. No doubt 50 tries to use that in his defence.

kippers.png

You don't like rap you wouldn't understand. Also if you dress like a gangsta you don't get rolled/mugged.

second point:yes (unless you look like that guys picture on top of me), first point, no. I like rap, I "understand" and I still think it's sh*t. The usual baggy pants or even doo rag are fine, hoody, whatever. But some of this sh*t is ridiculous. What I don't understand is how celebrities can go from wearing normal good clothes, to going all out and buying the craziest and ugliest sh*t around. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should buy a $500.00 shirt cause it looks like sh*t.

price!=looks good.

I like my fashion to be plain. IE no crazy pictures on my shirt.

Its all opinionated. You cant say it is better because you and some others like it. There will also be some others who have their reasons for liking mainstream. Thats like comparing pop rock and grunge rock. Its still rock, just different styles.

Loyal to the Game

Why does everyone here hate 50 Cent? Most of his songs sound the same but he's an alright rapper

EDIT: Is that better.

Edited by Loyal to the Game

Why does everyone here hate 50 Cent? He's an alright rapper but most of his songs are exactly the same.

Did you just answer your own question?

Loyal to the Game
Why does everyone here hate 50 Cent? He's an alright rapper but most of his songs are exactly the same.

Did you just answer your own question?

No. I was asking why people hate him and I just pointed out his flaw. I see how you got confused. I'll edit it.

I really hope that c*nt retires, sick of his sh*tty music.

WbZaxRP.png

And those white glasses are f*cking ridiculous. Did anybody see all the tools at the vma's them....f*cking idiots.

Let me ask you meth, why the f*ck were you watching the VMA's? tounge.gif

Flip to them to check out the live performances. Usually there is at least one that is decent.

Thats another reason why most mainstream guys today blow. Almost none of them can actually entertain live. Guess I can give Kanye props for that....he seems like is live stuff is on point.

The funny thing about these guys...

cunninlynguists, 7L & Esoteric, Rob Swift, Pete Rock, Del tha Funky Homosapien
back in the day these guys were or would have been MAINSTREAM....back before rap became mainstream.

Because he's absolutely terrible. Kind of like The Game.  dozingoff.gif

Hey man, you can knock 50, he is pretty sh*t but not The Game.

Go listen to some real underground sh*t, then listen to 50.

You'll see how big of a fail he is.

tfdt7hY.gif

Go listen to some real underground sh*t, then listen to 50.

You'll see how big of a fail he is.

Totally.

He has a rather annoying monotone voice, going on about mainstream crap..

He is one rapper I have no taste for, what-so-ever.

oldschoolsigs14.png

Why does everyone here hate 50 Cent? Most of his songs sound the same but he's an alright rapper

50 hate squads here

An alright rappe-...

f*cking dumb ass should've aimed for the head. Useless.

f*cking dumb ass should've aimed for the head. Useless.

Sad thing is he probably was. confused.gif I liked two songs off Curtis, but the first one got old fast and I already forgot which one it was. The second was Peep Show, with Eminem, which was pretty funny (at least on Em's part).

Power of the Dollar is still his best work, which I don't think has even seen an official release.

You're kidding right? Game is asswack.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Loyal to the Game

How can you not like the Game? But you like Snoop Dogg right? The best songs 50 ever did were either with Game' or Snoop'

P.S. I don't like 50 that much so you can stop telling me why you guys hate him.

So people should like The Game because he did a track with Snoop?

By that logic, I should like Papa Roach because Jacoby Shaddix was on the new X-Clan album.

Loyal to the Game

By that logic, I should like Papa Roach because Jacoby Shaddix was on the new X-Clan album.

When did I say that?

When did I say that?

How can you not like the Game? But you like Snoop Dogg right?

It was heavily implied right there.

Loyal to the Game

When did I say that?

How can you not like the Game? But you like Snoop Dogg right?

It was heavily implied right there.

Sorry to confuse you but that's not what I meant. I was just was just asking how he could not like the game. The Game and Snoop Dogg are my favourate rappers and I was just asking if he hated Snoop aswell.

How can you not like the Game? But you like Snoop Dogg right? The best songs 50 ever did were either with Game' or Snoop'

P.S. I don't like 50 that much so you can stop telling me why you guys hate him.

I don't care for Snoop.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Loyal to the Game

I don't care for Snoop.

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.