Kanye West vs. 50 Cent on 106&Park!

Randomname01

Blind Joe Death

From a hip hop fan perspective, 50 cent actually had talent before he released his first major album 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. His mixtape '20 Shots' was pretty dope and if you want to know what I mean, listen to 'How To Rob'. Anything after that was just utter mainstream crap.

And then Kanye on the other hand is definetely not what you would classify 'A great rapper' but he his a lot better than 50 cent imo. Kanye West's debut album was pretty bloody good imo as he featured artists like; Talib Kweli, Common, Mos Def. Although he did feature some of those names as well as nas in his second album it was just a bit too 'pop' for me and he didn't really concentrate on his lyrics hard enough.

I haven't heard Kanye's new album but from what I have heard it's nothing special.

I've always liked Kanye best out of both of them. I like the sound of Kanye's music and his lyrics. But his second album wasn't very good. And his new one which I got today and listened to half of the tunes on there doesn't really appeal to me right now either.

50 Cent has the advantage over Kanye in the respect that he can make the hit song. Kanye, imo, is always trying something new with his sound. He's had whacky (or whack) music video ideas and such, where as 50 is just doing the same with the Massacre, proving he can stay on top without altering the forumula.

I was actually surprised with Curtis, because a few of the songs are actually really nice, but really all that's saving Jackson is the great production. "Peep Show" and "Come & Go" are probably my favs right now.

Graduation is good, but nowhere near College Dropout. The last track on the album, "Big Brother" is one of my favorite Kanye songs ever. Easily the best song on the album imo.

On 50's album the first 6 songs, (not including the intro) are hot. Fully loaded clip and peep show are pretty decent. Almost every track has a crazy beat, but 50's lyrics mess most of them up

On Kanye's, every song has a crazy beat but Barr Bonds, Drunk & Hot Girls, The Glory, and Everything I am are the worst tracks.

I'm not much of a rap fan really. I decided to give the Kanye album a try though, and I'm really not too disappointed. Not wowed either, but meh.

Fav tracks:

Good Morning

I Wonder

Homecoming

Big Brother

Homecoming being my most favorite.

Loyal to the Game
Timbaland rocks!

WTF? Timbiland is a sh*t producer. Maybe he'd be better if he din't have to talk in every song he produces but either way he's sh*t.

I like 50 better than West but the background music in the songs and fitie's voice make all his songs sound the same.

I'm sorry but....

user posted image

Graduation's really grown on me now. I don't know why, but with Curtis the opposite has happened. Looking back, 2007 hasn't really had anything worthwhile listening to so far, and this album's sound is really different compared to everything else. Kanye's talent as an average lyricist wouldn't be so noticeable if the beats weren't so fu*kin' nice.

This is one of my favorite albums this year.

Off-topic: Timbaland steals his beats.

I don't like rap. But if I had to choose, I'd take Kanye.

Some of Kanye's music is different than a lot of other mainstream rappers, who only rap about "rising to the top", drugs, murder, and money.

I also like how Kanye actually wears designer clothes rather than all the other rappers who wear the ugliest sh*t possible.

I also like how Kanye actually wears designer clothes rather than all the other rappers who wear the ugliest sh*t possible.

You're sh*tting me, right?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

That, is the ugliest sh*t possible.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Who the f*ck wears pink? That's one of the ugliest jackets I've seen.

First one is ugly. But I wear pink sometimes. Hell, yesterday I painted my nails pink. For no real reason, either. Just because I wanted to express my feminine side.

Last two are fine. I want that red jacket.

But it's all a far cry (in a good way) from the baggy clothes, do-rags and unnecessary chains.

Both make you look like a tool. Like I said in another thread, and I quote... "It is a lot of money. I pay 15, 20 max [for a shirt]. Plus I get bonus points for not looking like a tool. I'm sitting here laughing my ass off at these ridiculous sneakers and jackets they sell. It's funny how people eat this sh*t up because some idiot on TV wears them in his (poorly written) rap video. I'm looking at you, Kanye..."

user posted image

unban asmo.

Loyal to the Game

Well rap originated in the black ghettos where they can't afford designer clothes so most rappers try to look like they still live there. I hate how kanye and Will.I.Am dress like poofs instead of rappers. It's not gangsta to dress like Justin Timberlake but it dosen't affect whether or not I buy the album.

icon14.gif To West's rap skills

icon13.gif To his dress sense

But it's all a far cry (in a good way) from the baggy clothes, do-rags and unnecessary chains.
Well that's how rappers dress. You don't like rap you wouldn't understand. Also if you dress like a gangsta you don't get rolled/mugged.

Both make you look like a tool. Like I said in another thread, and I quote... "It is a lot of money. I pay 15, 20 max [for a shirt]. Plus I get bonus points for not looking like a tool. I'm sitting here laughing my ass off at these ridiculous sneakers and jackets they sell. It's funny how people eat this sh*t up because some idiot on TV wears them in his (poorly written) rap video. I'm looking at you, Kanye..."
Well how do you dress?

What the f*ck? Who cares what they wear.

It sets a trend.

Not really.

Do you see anyone walking around in a pink hoodie with sunglasses like that?

tfdt7hY.gif

Well how do you dress?

Like a normal person? I don't wear sweatshirts that look like this, like you see all these rappers today wearing. They look like f*cking kids pajamas.

user posted image

You'd be surprised...

user posted image

unban asmo.

Off-topic: Timbaland steals his beats.

If he 'stole' them, then he'd be in prison right now tounge.gif

i went through Graduation reading the lyrics along with the songs and i'd never noticed how stuck up his own arse Kanye really was.

It kind of annoys me. Never the less the tunes are good.

kippers.png

Like a normal person? I don't wear sweatshirts that look like this, like you see all these rappers today wearing. They look like f*cking kids pajamas.

user posted image

I see people wearing that type of sh*t all the time. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cause temporary blindness at first glance.

i went through Graduation reading the lyrics along with the songs and i'd never noticed how stuck up his own arse Kanye really was.

It kind of annoys me. Never the less the tunes are good.

Heh, yeah. As soon as I got a copy I went on Metrolyrics and put on the headphones. He's an arrogant fu*k, that's for sure, but he can have a nice sound.

Even that Daft Punk track "Stronger" has grown on me, and when I first heard I thought it was complete sh*t. "Big Brother" still impresses me the most, though, him revealing some of his vulnerable side. It sort of takes balls to call out Jay-Z like that (even if not in a hostile way), especially with someone who's been at the top for years.

This thread should be renamed "The rapper fashion sense" thread

user posted image

OOO SHIIIT PLAYA

Well rap originated in the black ghettos where they can't afford designer clothes so most rappers try to look like they still live there. I hate how kanye and Will.I.Am dress like poofs instead of rappers. It's not gangsta to dress like Justin Timberlake but it dosen't affect whether or not I buy the album.

I actually grew up in the ghetto (well, sort of) in New Orleans. A huge majority of my friends were black and wore the same stuff as the rappers out there.

I just glad I'm still not there. I guess I could understand when you "rize 2 da top!11" you still want to "reprezent ur hood", but I prefer classier clothes.

Edited by The Killa

Loyal to the Game

It sets a trend.

Not really.

No I mean rap sets a trend with the baggy T-shirts and saggy jeans wich lotts of people wear and like I said Kanye West dresses like a poof.

It sets a trend.

Not really.

No I mean rap sets a trend with the baggy T-shirts and saggy jeans wich lotts of people wear and like I said Kanye West dresses like a poof.

No rap sets trends for impressionable teenage white kids who are to young to know better. Hiphop as a culture has its own fashionable trends. If anything rappers wear what's hot in the streets (aka trendy) more then they dictate fashion.

Kanye West is just a closet fag in an fashion identity crisis....he's stuck somewhere between Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton. That dude has to be the most annoying punk in entertainment right now.

And those white glasses are f*cking ridiculous. Did anybody see all the tools at the vma's them....f*cking idiots.

And those white glasses are f*cking ridiculous. Did anybody see all the tools at the vma's them....f*cking idiots.

Let me ask you meth, why the f*ck were you watching the VMA's? tounge.gif

user posted image

unban asmo.

Loyal to the Game

Kanye West is just a closet fag in an fashion identity crisis....he's stuck somewhere between Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton. That dude has to be the most annoying punk in entertainment right now.

Thank you.

wow.gif ' Talking about.. this looks awesome;

http://www.l-r-g.com/images/kanye_skelly_hoody.jpg

I have to agree with Venom here, that jacket pwns.

Apparently Fiddy C*nt Cent's cancelled his whole European tour because Kanye West is doing better than him in the album charts. Great stuff, means that the people who bought his ticket get their money back and can buy some decent Hip Hop.

You don't like rap you wouldn't understand. Also if you dress like a gangsta you don't get rolled/mugged.

second point:yes (unless you look like that guys picture on top of me), first point, no. I like rap, I "understand" and I still think it's sh*t. The usual baggy pants or even doo rag are fine, hoody, whatever. But some of this sh*t is ridiculous. What I don't understand is how celebrities can go from wearing normal good clothes, to going all out and buying the craziest and ugliest sh*t around. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should buy a $500.00 shirt cause it looks like sh*t.

price!=looks good.

I like my fashion to be plain. IE no crazy pictures on my shirt.

You don't like rap you wouldn't understand. Also if you dress like a gangsta you don't get rolled/mugged.

second point:yes (unless you look like that guys picture on top of me), first point, no. I like rap, I "understand" and I still think it's sh*t. The usual baggy pants or even doo rag are fine, hoody, whatever. But some of this sh*t is ridiculous. What I don't understand is how celebrities can go from wearing normal good clothes, to going all out and buying the craziest and ugliest sh*t around. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should buy a $500.00 shirt cause it looks like sh*t.

price!=looks good.

I like my fashion to be plain. IE no crazy pictures on my shirt.

That's just the thing, some of these people who never learned what was classy think that because it's expensive that it looks good, or because it's shiny it looks expensive. When in reality they look like f*cking lawn ornaments.

I find mainstream rap extremely bland and predictable. I don't understand why it continues to sell and gain favor in popular culture. The music is f*cking ignorant, uninventive, and boring. Nobody has their own style, their own sound, their own lyrics anymore. They're all saying the same sh*t as the rappers before them. This mindless, pointless, uninspired club rap is killing hip-hop.

And what's even more ridiculous is that a lot of the people you might think would have insight into what good hip-hop is, people from the inner city, people that are surrounded by others who listen to nothing but hip-hop...I'll play some good sh*t for them and they'll be bored with it. They want to hear about f*cking bitches and sippin syrup and gettin throwed and goin "YEEAAAHHHH!" and acting like they do nothing but swang on 20s and bust caps in haters. I'll play cunninlynguists, 7L & Esoteric, Rob Swift, Pete Rock, Del tha Funky Homosapien, and these goddamn morons will think it's garbage. I just don't understand how things got flipped around to where what's good is now crap, and what has always been crap is now a top seller.

Edited by 40ozFreak

usZpdN9.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.