cam jones

flicko

i found this while browsing throught the tinternet!.....

The fate of Cam Jones is left upto the player. Cam Jones can be killed/die during the mission The Job or the player can choose to save Cam. Cam's death allows the player to receive a bigger cut from the bank robbery

does this mean that if you kill cam jones during the job mission( after he cracks open the vault) that if you pass the mission you will receive more money for completing the mission....i always thought that the death of anybody (besides hilary , as it was in the script) during the mission ended in mission failure??

• Like 1

i found this while browsing throught the tinternet!.....

The fate of Cam Jones is left upto the player. Cam Jones can be killed/die during the mission The Job or the player can choose to save Cam. Cam's death allows the player to receive a bigger cut from the bank robbery

does this mean that if you kill cam jones during the job mission( after he cracks open the vault) that if you pass the mission you will receive more money for completing the mission....i always thought that the death of anybody (besides hilary , as it was in the script) during the mission ended in mission failure??

yeah you can kill cam jones but you dont get any more money its just the same amount

i thought it seemed a little odd when i read it , didnt think that they could tamper with the money issues depending on the circumstances in which you complete the mission!

thanks neway!

So your asking whether Cam can be killed purposely during the mission, specifically after he cracks the safe? Can anyone verify this is doesn’t affect the mission passing or failing?

The death quote was meant for when your outside the bank and surrounded by cops and SWAT. Although his death doesn’t have a big affect of the mission at this point, having him there also means there’s another body for the SWAT to aim at as the only people needed to survive are you (Tommy) and Phil.

• Like 1

So your asking whether Cam can be killed purposely during the mission, specifically after he cracks the safe? Can anyone verify this is doesn’t affect the mission passing or failing?

The death quote was meant for when your outside the bank and surrounded by cops and SWAT. Although his death doesn’t have a big affect of the mission at this point, having him there also means there’s another body for the SWAT to aim at as the only people needed to survive are you (Tommy) and Phil.

im saying that , as the quote hinted you wil receive more money ( or there abouts) if you kill cam because you will only have to share the money between two people, i want to know if this is true! but dont think it is , although i found this info. at wikia so maybe true , maybe not!

• Like 1

The one time Cam Jones made it out of the bank with us, I took him to an alley in Little Havana and popped him with the .357. The mission still passed.

I saw somewhere in most guides that when Cam is killed in the mission, you receive $50,000 (Cam doesn't get a cut since he's dead, of course), but when he stays alive, you get $30,000. When I did the mission, I left Cam alive and still got $50,000... confusion.

Note: I last did this mission about a year ago so I'm about 70% sure on what I just said about my mission result.

The one time Cam Jones made it out of the bank with us, I took him to an alley in Little Havana and popped him with the .357. The mission still passed.

and did you receive more than $50000??

I saw somewhere in most guides that when Cam is killed in the mission, you receive $50,000 (Cam doesn't get a cut since he's dead, of course), but when he stays alive, you get $30,000. When I did the mission, I left Cam alive and still got $50,000... confusion.

i have never read anything like that before , the only confusing thing i have read is what i posted on my first post ...very confusing ...also , when i have seen mission guides they clearly say that you receive $50000 regardless of cams death or not , i dont think that thing you read can be true , as i completed VC again just last week , and i left cam alive , passed the mission and still received $50000 notify.gif much confusion lol.gif

I'm relatively certain but have not verified the money amount you receive will not change based on whether Cam dies or not.... I seem to recall Dem verifying it by checking the code...

I always kill Cam before I exit the bank but after the safe is cracked... simply because it is easier to keep PHil alive (he must survive)-- the game is coded so Cam follows Tommy and PHil follows Cam... this makes Phil lag farther behind Tommy and makes it harder to protect Phil.... so consequently Cam must die. dozingoff.gif

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

and did you receive more than $50000??

Nope, it was still $50000.

major underscore

I recently completed this mission on PC with Cam dead. I received $50,000 and the following dialogue occured at the cutscene:

Phil: "We made it! We're rich! RICH!"

Phil: "Shame Cam didn't make it, he was a good guy!"

Tommy: "Yeah. Still... more for us!"

Phil: "Damned straight! YEEEEHAAAH!"

Mercedes: "Tommy, would you like a massage?"

Tommy: "Well, Hi there, Mercedes! Yeah, I'm a little tense..."

Kent Paul: "What'd I tell you Tommy? What'd I tell you? Bent SWAT better watch out when Kent Paul is in town."

Kent Paul: "Come on, gimme a bigger slice, mate, c'mon. I gotta get some new threads."

I just saw a mission video of The Job on gtamissions.com and he let Cam live and still got $50,000 so I guess it doesn't matter whether Cam lives or dies it just changes the ending cutscene for the mission.

Edit: If anyone's wondering, here it is...

Edited by Rashon.

major underscore

And here's a mission video of what happens when Cam dies during the mission. This was recorded from the PC version of the game.

Case closed-- $50,000 either way... thanks for posting the vid links

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

Case closed-- $50,000 either way... thanks for posting the vid links

thnks for clearing that up people icon14.gif and thanks for the videos aswell...so this shows that when tommy says more money for us that it isnt true!...