Sony Vegas 7

TheDude5000

Anyone here who uses Vegas 7 and Fraps? I take my captured video from VC and edit in there sometimes, but I don't know what I should render(save) it as. Currently I use Videos for Windows (.avi) with the NTSC Template.

More info:

Audio: 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, PCM Uncompressed.

Video: 29.97 fps, 720x480, Lower field first

When I render/save my videos, they have a "moist" look if that sounds right. The colors are a bit saturated, if that's the right terminology.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/td5k/123d47f1.jpg <-- Original

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/td5k/ae847030.jpg <-- New

Any help would be appreciated.

user posted image

Have you tried saving as an mpeg1 or mpeg2 to see if it gets rid of the "moist" effect. Are these videos just to watch later or are you going to use them in another program? I watched a "moist" video last night, but that's a different story ph34r.gif

See if you have an option for Motion JPEG (M-JPEG). It is a good compromise between file size and quality. You'll have the same quality loss as with JPEG compression on screenshots, and it will take up a lot less space than raw AVI. Plus, the encoding speed would be pretty good. Later, you can convert it to whatever you like.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Well I'm using Vegas for the effects, mostly, and so I'll take edit scenes in Vegas, encode, and then used the finished vid in my other movie editor. But thanks for the mpeg, tip, I'll test it out later and see if it gets rid of that moist look. wink.gif

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.