Will the PS3 survive?

Mr Vecetti

Sony is apperently losing about $200 - $300 for each ps3 sold, I know that the 360 was also losing money during its initial release but since then it has turned a profit, the Wii is also making a profit. With a loss so huge for each ps3 being sold, I wonder how long the ps3 will last. Maybe it will end up making money, but if not, then what? Personally I'm wondering whether to get a ps3 when the price drops or if I should buy a 360, maybe a 360 elite set. Right now I'm leaning towards a 360.

Sony is apperently losing about $200 - $300 for each ps3 sold...

That might have been true when blu-ray was first introduced, but the technology is far less expensive then a few years ago when it debuted. I'd love to see the numbers of what a PS3 costs Sony, but that will never happen.

The only thing that could kill the system is a lack of games. With GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, Warhawk, MGS4, Little Big Planet and Gran Turismo all around the corner I really don't see it happening.

____

EDIT: The real money is in licenses, anyway.

Edited by geomy
oldschoolsigs22.png

This is such an insanely stupid question. The cell processor technology will be incredible in about 1 1/2-2 1/2 years.