iTunes + Keyboard Controls

Funk3h

Now a while back, say if I was playing a game and playing iTunes in the background. I could easily skip song by the controls on the top right of my keyboard. (Its got volume control, forward, backwards, play, pause etc) But it seems now if I use the contols to skip song or pause, they don't work. The only time it works is if I bring iTunes to the top window then use them, which is pointless. I don't know if its because of a new version of iTunes, but Its kinda annoying.

Any ideas? If you need more info just ask.

user posted image

Now a while back, say if I was playing a game and playing iTunes in the background. I could easily skip song by the controls on the top right of my keyboard. (Its got volume control, forward, backwards, play, pause etc) But it seems now if I use the contols to skip song or pause, they don't work. The only time it works is if I bring iTunes to the top window then use them, which is pointless. I don't know if its because of a new version of iTunes, but Its kinda annoying.

Any ideas? If you need more info just ask.

As a workaround you could try one of many third party programs that control itunes, maybe they will work with your keyboard. If you have vista you can even find some "gadgets" that will do the trick. It could possibly be the keyboard's fault as well, go to the manufacturers website and download the latest software for it.

Here's just one one example:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdartdisplay.html

Fozzy Fozborne

Did you try upgrading the software and drivers for the keyboard? The updates may fix your problems.

I've just checked the Dell site for drivers for my keyboard and there are none. confused.gif

Im running XP btw. Any other ideas? I've had a look at a few third party controller thingys, but they just control iTunes from another aplication. Unless im looking at the wrong thing.

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.